PDA

View Full Version : Any Way Of Overriding Recirc/A/c Exhaust Smell

AudiTurbo
02-05-2014, 04:13 AM
So, I have noticed for some time that when the temperature drops below 37 I can no longer use my a/c (really just want to use recirc). I know I have had some exhaust leaks that I can smell while driving, but now they are fixed. If I can't use recirc all I smell is the car sitting in front of me at the stop light. Is there anyway of overriding so I can at least use recirc all the time? Do I have another problem causing me to smell exhaust all the time?

Thanks

biketsai
02-05-2014, 11:30 AM
You can do it while in Econ mode.
You have to press Econ, click the recirc, then press Econ again.

AudiTurbo
02-05-2014, 11:45 AM
I don't have econ. I am preface lift

woolveren
02-05-2014, 12:33 PM
I don't have econ. I am preface lift

I thought pre-facelift had ECON mode too. But even with ECON mode, I don't think the problem can be solved. Because the compressor won't come ON even in ECON mode if the outside temperature is below 2 degree C or something. The ECM automatically disables the compressor from turning ON if the outside temperature is really low, which in turn will prevent the air re circulation mode from turning ON.

AudiTurbo
02-05-2014, 12:37 PM
So what else could be the problem when I have the air on and smelling exhaust all the time?

woolveren
02-05-2014, 12:47 PM
So what else could be the problem when I have the air on and smelling exhaust all the time?

I always have this issue of smelling other cars exhaust when in stop sign or traffic. This is the only one thing I don't like with our cars, not able to activate air recirculation when cold outside. This actually made me hate the guys out there driving old cars with blown headgaskets/ oil burning issues..Lol. Whenever I see an old cadillac/chevy/dodge/lincoln in front of me, I just keep a distance from them if air recirculation mode can't be turned ON. :)