PDA

View Full Version : Boost problem after mounting silicon induction hose...

ytrezzzz
01-31-2014, 08:20 AM
hi guys,

I'm a little french man and I love this forum I visit almost every day .

my car : audi a4 b5 1.8 t quattro 1996 : AEB engine
Chip tuning mrc 1 bar
APR R1 DV
N75 race

I mounted a turbo hose silicone SAMCO brand and since my turbo pressure is erratic , support , pressure moves between 10 and 17 psi , I even had a peak at 20 psi !

I checked all the fasteners, the n75 is mounted in the right direction , the pressure regulation valve is attached

I also changed the two small hoses that connect the N75 to the wastegate and turbo, thinking that I had a small leak at this point but nothing has changed ...

So I decided to go up the black turbo hose original and then everything is back to normal.

The engine works well , the pressure is back to normal ( peak 15 psi)

I do not really understand what can cause this problem

Have you ever heard of turbo pressure problem after mounting a turbo hose silicone ? ?

thank you very much

ytrezzzz

fed0ra
01-31-2014, 09:34 AM
If it goes back to normal after you replace the old hose then I'm thinking there's a tear in the new hose or something isn't getting clamped correctly when you use the new one.

Did you buy it new or used? Have you inspected it for tears everywhere? Are you sure that you clamped every single hose?

A1 A2 German
01-31-2014, 09:59 AM
The silicone is considered an upgrade as the oem induction boot can collapse under hard pulls. It would not be a problem at all, everyone is just about running one included myself. I would do a leak down test after the silicone install.

ytrezzzz
01-31-2014, 10:02 AM
Hello fed0ra

Thank you for your answer

I have my car for ten years so I have a good habit of these manipulations

all fasteners are secure, all hoses are properly connected....N75 wire is in good shape

the SAMCO hose is brand new ... it just comes out of its packaging

Is it possible that a new hose is pierced?

ytrezzzz
01-31-2014, 10:04 AM
The silicone is considered an upgrade as the oem induction boot can collapse under hard pulls. It would not be a problem at all, everyone is just about running one included myself. I would do a leak down test after the silicone install.

OK man

but how do you explain it is ok when i put back the OEM one ??

ytrezzzz
02-14-2014, 12:15 PM
problem fixed guys

APR R1 dv (piece of sheet .... ) was leaking .... changed it for FORGE DV 008

Car now boost like hell ....