PDA

View Full Version : RS5 Audi Select Settings and Sport Mode Question

BlackS52010
01-27-2014, 07:33 PM
I'm looking for some info on how the Audi Select settings change when a 2013 RS5 is switched from D to S.

I know the change from D to S automatically switches the transmission to dynamic mode. On the 2013 RS5, the exhaust valves also open up in S.

What I'm not sure of is what the other Audi Select settings do? Is everything automatically set to Dynamic while in S? For example, if I'm in comfort mode in D, and then pull down the shift lever to S, what does the engine setting do?

Steve_K
01-28-2014, 01:48 AM
I could be wrong here, but as far as I understand, the RS5 doesn't have a "S" mode on the s-tronic shifter. The RS5 comes standard with Audi Drive Select, and when changing this to "Dynamic" is the same as if you were to have put the shifter into "S" mode.

This is what I know about RS5's sold in South Africa, not sure about the rest of the world [confused]

audisarecool
01-28-2014, 09:04 AM
I could be wrong here, but as far as I understand, the RS5 doesn't have a "S" mode on the s-tronic shifter. The RS5 comes standard with Audi Drive Select, and when changing this to "Dynamic" is the same as if you were to have put the shifter into "S" mode.

This is what I know about RS5's sold in South Africa, not sure about the rest of the world [confused]

There is a knockdown activation of S mode. You pull the lever down to engage.

I was also looking for a definitive answer on this..