PDA

View Full Version : southbend in now no boost

clconversion
07-15-2005, 07:26 AM
installed the southbend OFE clutch last night with the sach SS PP install went good finished it took it out for a run now boost is not hitting till 4500rpm [headbang] back to the draweing board I guess this is the stuff you go through when you do a turbo upgrade [headbang]

MKGIY
07-15-2005, 07:28 AM
That sucks bro. Keep us updated as to what you find. Maybe the mad genious daft will chime in.

Mike

clconversion
07-15-2005, 07:33 AM
yea thanx man any help would be greatly appreicated my guess is a boost leak somewhere I'm going on holidays after today for 2 weeks so maybe I can forget about it for now haha but once I get back that is the first thing I'm going to be checking for

Daft
07-15-2005, 07:33 AM
It has nothing to do with the clutch or flywheel.

This is a vacuum line problem. I know that you had to remove the airbox to get to the bolts on the turbine housing. There must be a loose/cracked/broken vacuum line.

BTW, no CELs? I'd imagine you'd throw a code with boost operating this way.

clconversion
07-15-2005, 07:45 AM
no I figured that

I was also woundering about the cel wouldn't it throw a cel from a vacuum hose cracked/broken ?

DDQ
07-15-2005, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by clconversion
no I figured that

I was also woundering about the cel wouldn't it throw a cel from a vacuum hose cracked/broken ?

Not usually. I had a N75 problem before, and many leaky vac lines, and it didn't result in a CEL. It threw a code for the N75, but not a CEL. Most of the time if you have a boost leak you will not even get a code, which is why a boost gauge is vital.

Daft
07-15-2005, 08:33 AM
Yeah, that's true. The N75 is the only part that knows how to complain to the ECU.

CL: It sure seems like the vacuum line that goes from the N75 to the wastegate is leaky. That one supplies vacuum to the wastegate actuator and if there too little vacuum, the wastegate won't close. This means no boost. Once there's enough vacuum in the line, it has enough strength to close the wastegate and boost can build.

b00st
07-15-2005, 09:54 AM
also...I just talked to the guy at southbend...gonna run the same clutch as you are...he told be there is a 1000 mile break in period for it...just to let you know. he told me to take it easy for the first 1000 miles on the clutch for it to properly wear in.

clconversion
07-15-2005, 10:12 AM
yea I know to break it in but it was hard last night not to take it for a quick rip

but to keep up to date I just went out with it now at lunch and a cel did come up not flashing just steady cel so that was a sign of relieve time to bring out the 5051

b00st
07-15-2005, 10:41 AM
cool keep us posted

clconversion
07-15-2005, 10:57 AM
yea for sure but like I said it won't be for a couple of weeks me and the women are going down to Nova Scotia for a couple of weeks taking the VIA down and renting a car woohoo rental haha [drive] take care all be back soon

AB18
07-15-2005, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by b00st
also...I just talked to the guy at southbend...gonna run the same clutch as you are...he told be there is a 1000 mile break in period for it...just to let you know. he told me to take it easy for the first 1000 miles on the clutch for it to properly wear in.

Yeah, make sure u break it in right or it wont hold all the time. Belive me, i know.

arthurk007
07-15-2005, 06:12 PM
i installed my south band clutch with a k04 turbo at the same time.. there was a boost leak and the car had no power. to find the reason for the boost leak we were running between 4 and 5grand on the new clutch. clutch was gone in a half hr. on my second set driving like an old lady under 3grand, like i was told for the break in period. clutch feels fine, and now is great.