PDA

View Full Version : AC smells like gas?

RandyM0420
08-13-2013, 07:33 AM
I've just encountered a problem where my AC has begun to smell like gas. Does anyone know why this could be?
I usually enjoy the smell of gas, but god, this is just too overwhelming lol. Especially on long drives.

Also, don't want to make another topic, so does any one know what I could do to get rid of the red Air Bag warning in the dash?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Artiemas
08-13-2013, 09:08 AM
Airbag can be removed with Vag-COM unless it was deployed. I believe if it's deployed/was deploted, it is a much bigger task. Not too sure.

The A/C gas smell I have no idea about. I can offer the basics of maybe your cabin filter. I have no clue.

melomandn
08-13-2013, 09:18 AM
Does it smell like gas or oil vapor? A lot of people confuse the two.

I would check your whole pcv system, chances are theres a leak.

RandyM0420
08-13-2013, 09:33 AM
Airbag can be removed with Vag-COM unless it was deployed. I believe if it's deployed/was deploted, it is a much bigger task. Not too sure.

The A/C gas smell I have no idea about. I can offer the basics of maybe your cabin filter. I have no clue.

The Air bag has not been deployed, so I don't know why it would randomly appear.
I will have to find a vag com in order to probably fix it :(

Does it smell like gas or oil vapor? A lot of people confuse the two.

I would check your whole pcv system, chances are theres a leak.

Wow... Hmm. I honestly can't tell you. I would say gas. I was thinking it was maybe a fuel injector leak but I wasn't too sure.
I will have to check it, thanks for the tips

woolveren
08-13-2013, 10:27 AM
I had the red airbag light ON when I bought the car years ago, but don't exactly remember what I did to clear it cause I had pretty much all warning lights(ABS,CEL,BRAKE) blinking at that time along with no communication from computer. LOL. Good old days.!!

If I remember correctly, it was some wiring issue were the previous owner put some aftermarket headset unit and BestBUY techies messed up the wiring on the k-line while installation which ended up in red airbag light and no communication with ecm. So I would say check your wiring around and see whether something is messed up.

Fender0122
08-13-2013, 03:34 PM
My car smelled of gas after I got it and it was the pcv pipe coming out of the block under the intake manifold on my 1.8t. It's a plastic piece that likes to split easily and is a bear to replace.

Have fun.

ray4624
08-13-2013, 04:29 PM
Air bag light is probably from the piece of shit connections under the seat. Mine was on for 3 years because of this.