PDA

View Full Version : Local Alu Kruez install? Downtown Dever

Tweakophyte
08-12-2013, 12:45 PM
Hi-

Any recommendations of a shop that can do an Alu Kreuz install on my B8 S4? I'm calling Prestige today*, but they've never done one. I work downtown, so near there would be good. I can also do a Saturday install in Louisville/Boulder area.

* I owe Prestige for taking care of 3 (yes three) tire-warranty replacements. The first was a bubble on the sidewall. The second was a carriage bolt through the middle of the tire... same tire that was just replaced. The third turned out to be a roofing nail that did not go very deep. They dealt with the (huge pain-in-the-tush) third-party warranty company really well, charged me nothing out-of-pocket and squeezed me in. I don't mind throwing them the business, however, the doesn't mean I want to do it blindly.

Thanks,

Taint Fair
08-12-2013, 12:47 PM
I got mine done in CSprings at Phil Long, but any shop should be able to do it. If I wasn't doing the sways/ends at same time I would have done the AK myself. Heard it is very easy and takes like 30mins.

Greedo
08-12-2013, 01:03 PM
Call BlueWater or Berg.

auditd0rk
08-12-2013, 02:11 PM
I got mine done in CSprings at Phil Long, but any shop should be able to do it. If I wasn't doing the sways/ends at same time I would have done the AK myself. Heard it is very easy and takes like 30mins.

I think by time I had Phil Long do mine, they had already done yours and Animo's... they knocked it out pretty quick.

Tweakophyte
08-12-2013, 02:41 PM
How much, in dollars or time did Phil Long charge you guys?

Thanks!

A4B8ueg
08-12-2013, 04:29 PM
Super easy to do. I did this myself with the instructions from EuroCode. Save yourself the install fee and do it yourself.

Tweakophyte
08-12-2013, 05:10 PM
I'd love to do it myself, however, that requires free time, which is something I don't have. Sitting at a shop for an hour is okay (as I will probably take a conference call or two).

yas
08-12-2013, 05:58 PM
I had Avalon do my S4 a few years ago, so they've definitely installed one before.

auditd0rk
08-12-2013, 06:57 PM
How much, in dollars or time did Phil Long charge you guys?

Thanks!

I think they charged me one hour of labor -- around $120.

Taint Fair
08-12-2013, 10:46 PM
I think they charged me one hour of labor -- around $120.

That sounds about right. I think they charged me for 2, but I got the ends/sways at same time.

Tweakophyte
08-13-2013, 02:45 PM
I paid $120... they let me go back and take a pic, too.
[:d]

A4B8ueg
08-13-2013, 02:52 PM

Congrats, that mod is definitely worth every penny!

auditd0rk
08-13-2013, 03:29 PM

Where did you end up going?

Tweakophyte
08-14-2013, 05:14 AM
I went to Prestige for the aforementioned reasons. They originally quoted me an hour, plus the $10 "environmental fee" (aka BS, per service fee to cover other overhead). I told them Phil Long had done a few at $120. In the end, I was out the door at $120.

Tweakophyte
08-14-2013, 05:14 AM
Congrats, that mod is definitely worth every penny!

I'm still trying to decide if the changes I'm feeling are subtle or placebo. Of course, I've only driven from Prestige to downtown, and then home. So far, no change in harshness of the drive (on 36... construction most of the way home). I *think* I feel the road a little more, i.e. the surface is being communicated through the steering wheel a little more. To some extent, I liken my perceived increase in responsiveness to how it feels when you inflate your tires after driving on them on the low side for a while.