PDA

View Full Version : Installing one piece headlights (bolting issues)

AudiTurbo
08-10-2013, 05:56 PM
So, I am in the middle off of installing one piece headlights in my 98 a4 and I'm having some bolting issues. I know the 2 piece headlights have 3 bolts holding it in (2 on top and one on the side), but on my one piece headlights I just got there is no side bolting? the headlight is in, but really loose and I don't know what to do.
thanks

RandyM0420
08-10-2013, 07:35 PM
I think you have to modify the fender by trimming it.
There is a DIY around here. I'll hunt for it and edit the post once I find it

Here you go!
http://www.audifreaks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1060

ianwpb
08-10-2013, 09:23 PM
The facelift lights should have 4 mounting points. 2 T30 bolts on top, one bolt on the blinker side, and 1 dowel on the high beam side. Post some pictures of the back of the headlight. It may be broken off.

AudiTurbo
12-10-2013, 05:59 AM
Sorry to start this back up, but I only have my headlight in by the 2 top mount and don't know why there are not other mounts for this. Could someone please show me where these other mounting points car cause I can't find them to save my life.
Thanks

MetalMan
12-10-2013, 07:56 AM
Your car doesn't have the third mount. If you look at the bottom/back of the headlight, roughly behind/below the turn signal bulb, there is a height adjuster. Normally the 3rd screw goes through here, but prefacelift cars don't have the mounting provision for it. It's just a clip with a threaded hole that goes in through a slot cut in the radiator support. Don't have any pictures unfortunately (but Google might).

AudiTurbo
12-10-2013, 08:39 AM
That's another question with the height adjusters. There is two screws right? Do you mess with both of them?

MetalMan
12-10-2013, 09:26 AM
That's actually a separate issue. There's a height adjustment screw (about 1" in diameter) which adjusts the height of the headlight relative to the fender/bumper. The 3rd mounting screw goes through that (but like I said, your car doesn't have provisions for using the screw, though you may still be able to adjust headlight position with it).

And yes, to properly aim your headlights you'll be "messing" with both beam adjusters on each headlight.

AudiTurbo
12-10-2013, 09:59 AM
okay thanks