PDA

View Full Version : Holy exhaust!

ToXicXxX
08-04-2013, 08:36 PM
So today after over a week of having my Audi down and apart... I started it!

And holy shit was I surprised! It sounded like a big block V8 idling! I at first had and exhaust leak which I fixed and I still have that amazing growl to it. With all the hype I saw about the Milltek sounding stock... It doesn't. It may be because im unresonated with a test pipe, but holy crap, its mean as hell!

After I get my coolant o-ring replaced and can get her on the road I'll post a vid!

Seerlah
08-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Whoever said Milltek sounded stock? It's the best sounding exhaust IMO for this vehicle. I also run a resonated Milltek and always get compliments.

ToXicXxX
08-04-2013, 08:57 PM
Whoever said Milltek sounded stock? It's the best sounding exhaust IMO for this vehicle. I also run a resonated Milltek and always get compliments.

All I read is "milltek sounds close to stock".

I couldn't hear my stock, I can sure as hell hear this! It roars!

Seerlah
08-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Mine has a quiet rumble, due to it's resonated piping. But when I open the turbo, grants the grunt I need. Not too much, not too little. I like quiet.

ToXicXxX
08-04-2013, 09:04 PM
Mine has a quiet rumble, due to it's resonated piping. But when I open the turbo, grants the grunt I need. Not too much, not too little. I like quiet.

Im non resonated. Sounds like the fella's el camino at work! I love it. Even rumblyer then the 240SX with the rice cooker on the back across the street.

Tanzimur
08-04-2013, 09:09 PM
VIDEOOO NEOOOWWW MAN, im runnin 3in test pipe to 3inch dp and ran 3inch pipes all the way back i can hear my turbo whistln away all day long and when i get on it sounds like a rat rod... i like rat rod... alot...

coolgraymemo
08-04-2013, 09:17 PM
My Scorpion is really quiet at idle, but opens up a full throttle.

ToXicXxX
08-04-2013, 09:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/KoQJDPQ.jpg?1

Goddamn these tips are nice...

Only complaint I have with Milltek is the muffler pipe wasn't properly flared, had to bend it out, which was sketchy. Also wtf was the random reducer in there for?

TJN0923
08-05-2013, 05:09 AM
My Scorpion is really quiet at idle, but opens up a full throttle.

I feel like this is the case with any B5 exhaust. I was parked next to my buddy with an evo 8 the other day. You couldn't even tell my car was on.

My car sounds no louder than stock at idle, but gets LOUD at full throttle.

Cgoon009
08-05-2013, 05:45 AM
Goddamn these tips are nice...

Only complaint I have with Milltek is the muffler pipe wasn't properly flared, had to bend it out, which was sketchy. Also wtf was the random reducer in there for?

I told you it was the way to go, I also told you it was gonna be loud with non res [evilsmile] looking good [up] My guess about the reducer, keep the pressure right? or an adapter?

CCA4
08-05-2013, 06:22 AM
I really wanted a Milltek cat back but really didn't want to pay that much money for it. So I compromised