PDA

View Full Version : Wife got a new B6... Now I'm stuck with the B5, Now refreshing it.

4.2 prototype
08-04-2013, 01:12 PM
What's up, Names Sam... I'm a lurker on here turned enthusiast by force of my wife, she loves these things.

Well, I usually make build threads for all my cars I clean up, but with this car... I'm a complete Noob... Got a built DSM and a XJR that I'm now putting on the sidelines to make me a gas saving daily driver to my work. I might get robbed if I drive the XJR lol.... I want to further that project after I get this one done.

With that said, she got a new B6 with only 90k on it... It also has minor issues I need to address... But more on that car later.

This one, as i've researched other build threads on here, the issue seems to be a destroyed pilot bearing, clutch was replaced by someone before and I don't know if they messed it up or not... But it has to be forced into gear when running... goes into gear fine if the car is off...

Well... At that point, I was just going to sell this car. We've had it for about 6-7 years (it has about 400,000 miles on it i'm sure of it) and it's just taking up space... I was going to use the money towards a gas saving beater of my own... Then... Very Randomly.. a BRAND NEW FACTORY long block, AEB... Pops up for a decent deal..........

I bought it... and started tearing into this thing right away... The car is a 2000 with a ATW head so I know I need to get the adapter to make the intake manifold to work... but I'm not really sure on anything else.. I want to really clean up the bay and remove all emissions crap... anything not needed...

Here is how she is sitting now and what I've done...

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac68/bakerized/P8040143_zps89e30f4c.jpg

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac68/bakerized/P8040142_zps0e0cc66c.jpg

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac68/bakerized/P8040144_zps390b6e1a.jpg

My XJR, That ill sell this project for parts lol... Need parts for this thing and I have to get them from the UK... Shes a tough one. Haha.

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac68/bakerized/P8040146_zpsc7173c59.jpg

I'm in Grove City, OH. if anyone wants to come get this thing haha.

Seerlah
08-04-2013, 01:18 PM
Just purchase an AEB intake manifold for cheap. After that, everything should be a direct swap. Not sure if the ATW has VVT, but just swap that over if need be. Oh, and reuse your ATW valve cover. And I'm sure you know to pick up a TB kit that matches the engine code. As far as emission delete goes, check out walky_talky20's write up in the DIY section. Good luck!

coolgraymemo
08-04-2013, 01:41 PM
India Red, yummy!

Artiemas
08-04-2013, 01:42 PM
I love my Cactus, but India Red and that Brown the B5s have are the only colors I'd trade for.
Or Volcano black. Just the right amount of "not black because I don't like black".

4.2 prototype
08-04-2013, 01:55 PM
I've heard this is 1 of 500... is this true? It's the reason we bought it in the first place haha... she didn't even want a 5 speed back then but I forced her into it... it really has been a good car to us... it even threw the timing belt once and we had the whole head re-done... it's actually on it's second timing belt since then.

Suspension is mostly new, 3 new wheel bearings and one still needs replaced... I also need new seats and a cluster i can read too :(

I'm holding on to hope simply because of this 0 mile motor.

coolgraymemo
08-04-2013, 02:02 PM
I would say there are fewer than 500. I would guess there are only roughly 250.

AoA will likely say it is one of one.

Artiemas
08-04-2013, 02:12 PM
If it's black leather, cold weather, manual, AWD, then I'd say it's one of one.

I'll die if it's sport suspension, too.

4.2 prototype
08-04-2013, 02:18 PM
It's a light grey leather interior, manual AWD... it does not have sport suspension tho.

Whats in the cold weather package on this thing?

Artiemas
08-04-2013, 02:24 PM
Heated seats/mirrors, IIRC.

4.2 prototype
08-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Yes it has that option, It burnt the seats in this car :( Haven't found the seats in the same color since.... thinking about 2 toning it with black ones.

another thing i hate is that it don't have factory xenons... but at least it's an easy fix.

I think black housing/clear corners will make it look good if anyone wants to trade for stock haha.

4.2 prototype
08-04-2013, 02:33 PM
The motivator...

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac68/bakerized/00303_lFDlffCRIyU_600x450_zpsbd327f98.jpg

Artiemas
08-04-2013, 03:51 PM
I remember some guys catching on fire once, and he took it to Audi and they replaced the seats and all heating equipment associated. You could try that, I suppose.

But yeah, I also have the light gray leather, tis hard to find.

AudiA4_20T
08-05-2013, 06:16 AM
You'll need to drill a hole in the head for SAI and I think the stud on the head is different when doing the timing belt. Also you mentioned the intake mani. I would just get an AEB manifold

Corrado_Guy
08-05-2013, 09:15 AM
The ATW motor is the bastard child motor, it has the 058 block with the small valve head with the SAI but no VVT. You can't drill a hole in the head for the SAI either because the ports are not cast into the head so you have to bypass it. If you leave its solenoid plugged in and just block the vacuum lines you should not get a cel. Nice looking Jag by the way.

walky_talky20
08-05-2013, 09:21 AM
You will definitely get a CEL for SAI incorrect flow as measured by the oxygen sensors. No way to fake that other than software.

4.2 prototype
08-05-2013, 10:38 AM
Cel's been on since we owned it haha, I don't care that much with this thing... I'm now dealing with the fact I didn't.

I know you guys are saying get a new aeb intake manifold.. but the adapter isn't that much... gonna be hard to find a manifold cheaper. and also, it's drive by wire... will that bolt up to the aeb manifold?

I can run a catch can for the block/head probably. 2 lines are better than 17 and a useless pump.

terraflata
08-06-2013, 07:08 PM
There are people throwing AEB Intake Manifolds away. Not hard to find.

4.2 prototype
08-30-2013, 12:19 PM
Well, I think i'm going to let this project go... I just don't have the time to work on it or fix it do to my business. If anyone is interested you can pick it up in Grove City, Oh.

I'll let the car and the motor go for $2K Cash.

SGS
08-30-2013, 02:38 PM
Im from gahanna ohio and now i live in charleston. If i was not deployed right now i would scoop this up in a heart beat -_-. maybe hopefully in december youll still have this and we could work something out ;)