PDA

View Full Version : ATP downpipe and Miltek exhaust not lining up

ToXicXxX
08-03-2013, 06:52 PM
Ok I'm ready to burn this car to the ground, how the hell am I meant to line these up? The angles don't even come close. I'm completely out of money and this is cimplete bullshit. I have an ATP downpipe and an ATP manifold, are they not meant to work together?

ToXicXxX
08-03-2013, 07:09 PM
C'mon folks I need an answer now. This is fuckin stupid.

zandrew
08-03-2013, 07:16 PM
Do you have the V band tightened on the turbo? If so you need to loosen it up and allow it too move around so you can mate them up.

I had to bolt the downpipe on the exhaust then line the V band up. As long as you can get the vband on it your good. It will take most of the difference out unless its something rediculous and in that case pictures is needed.

ToXicXxX
08-03-2013, 07:19 PM
I do. The angle is completely fucked.

ToXicXxX
08-03-2013, 07:30 PM
Do I really need this heat shield over the CV? If it was gone or bent it might fit. I really give up on this car.

Gumby
08-03-2013, 07:50 PM
Do I really need this heat shield over the CV? If it was gone or bent it might fit. I really give up on this car.

I took mine off, but I have my DP heat wrapped.

ToXicXxX
08-03-2013, 07:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/4U4GPzJ.jpg

Im open to ideas.

rockstar
08-03-2013, 08:15 PM
Are you sure that's the right part you got there for your specific car? Could be you received the wrong part. Is it the right side? Have ou checked to see if you got them on the Wrong side?

Cgoon009
08-03-2013, 08:17 PM
fuck the cv heat shield, and wrap that dp good. I have to 2.8, and the fit is super tight with a stock mani, so Im guessing your is bigger? You might have to cut and weld an adapter

ToXicXxX
08-03-2013, 08:21 PM
I have no tape. I have NO money. I really want to sell this car for scrap right now.

Edit: good god, I have found a way to fit it... It involves removing the heat shield, so hopefully I can find exhaust wrap, because it's a holiday in Canada on Monday and I'd love to have my car soon.

demonmk2
08-04-2013, 09:33 AM
Have you loosened the exhaust?
You need to do that. It should work
then snug everything back down.

ToXicXxX
08-04-2013, 10:06 AM
Have you loosened the exhaust?
You need to do that. It should work
then snug everything back down.

I never even had the exhaust on, I was just doing the DP to TP. Exhaust is still in the box.

Poopie
08-04-2013, 12:26 PM
I think just take it to a fab shop or exhaust shop to make the alterations it needs. You can take the heat shield off but everything behind it won't fit.

Seerlah
08-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Don't spend your last on modding your vehicle. You are bound to run into snags that vary in costs to correct (ask me how I know). For example, this could be fixed with a custom downpipe made. Would cost around the $250 mark installed. Sorry if this post was not helpful, but I had to say it.

ToXicXxX
08-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Don't spend your last on modding your vehicle. You are bound to run into snags that vary in costs to correct (ask me how I know). For example, this could be fixed with a custom downpipe made. Would cost around the $250 mark installed. Sorry if this post was not helpful, but I had to say it.

No more money spent. I hope it runs... I'm tired of the car. Unless its super duper awesome I'm gonna be trading around.

Artiemas
08-04-2013, 03:58 PM
You'd think you'd have kind of...Researched costs a bit before you dove head first into this car.

You're whining about money all over the place.

Sell it and buy a Geo Metro. Any luxury car you buy, BMW, Audi, Merc, you're going to be dropping bills left and right.
I'm 19 and run into problems with my car left and right, but I don't march onto the forums saying "I'm tired, out of money, boo"

I knew what I was getting myself into.
You bought an expensive car. I see you ache for a BMW...Like that's suddenly a new leaf in terms of cost. These aren't Hondas.

Anyways, had to say it. Have fun with the A4. They're fun, the AWD is a blast. The more fancy a car gets...Well, the more it takes to fix.

pac1085
08-04-2013, 06:49 PM
I had the ATP 3" Vband downpipe to use with my ATP T3 manifold a long time ago and it never fit. Same problem. Bad product. Did u buy it used?

pac1085
08-04-2013, 06:50 PM
http://www.audizine.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-236452.html

M-Hood
08-05-2013, 09:35 AM

No you don't, been running without mine for years without any issues. Hell even my WG dump blows out right over the top of the CV. lol