PDA

View Full Version : Upstream o2 model and pinout

datmanfpres
07-30-2013, 09:30 AM
Need a new upstream o2 sensor for my 2001 A4 quattro 1.8t...

- There are several Bosch sensors that claim to be the correct one for my car, does anyone have a specific one to recommend?

- Since I'll need to splice the new sensor onto the current connector, does anyone have a pinout? I'd also like to put an AF ratio gauge on there while I'm at it. Am I correct that there should be two heater wires, two lambda current wires, and one signal wire?

Thanks!

c0r3y.af
07-30-2013, 09:39 AM
Need a new upstream o2 sensor for my 2001 A4 quattro 1.8t...

- There are several Bosch sensors that claim to be the correct one for my car, does anyone have a specific one to recommend?

- Since I'll need to splice the new sensor onto the current connector, does anyone have a pinout? I'd also like to put an AF ratio gauge on there while I'm at it. Am I correct that there should be two heater wires, two lambda current wires, and one signal wire?

Thanks!

I need one as well.

Pretty certain you can get them with the connector already on them, plug-and-play. I'm unsure of the part # though, since there are a bunch. I remember rockauto.com having the cheapest price.

datmanfpres
07-30-2013, 10:10 AM
I ordered this, appears to be an OEM sensor:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00427MIFC/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

revolution337
07-30-2013, 10:37 AM
I have a perfectly good used working front O2 sensor from an AWM for sale right now. Buy mine [:D]

Believer
07-30-2013, 11:10 AM
When I had my Mk3 I was able to purchase a Ford Mustang o2, a Bosch unit, and splice it into the connector from my old o2. The sensor was significantly cheaper than buying one specifically for the platform, yet it was the same sensor. Anyone do something like this for the narrowband or wideband sensor on our vehicles?

datmanfpres
07-30-2013, 11:12 AM
All wideband lambda sensors should be the same, other than small differences in heater resistance / warm up time and pinout (frame ground or a wire for it). The problem is, you have to know what wire is what.