PDA

View Full Version : Install issues sofar...

ToXicXxX
07-26-2013, 08:58 PM
So my manifold is being a royal bitch... I have had to dremmel it down to fit it past some sort of protrudement on my block (seems to say the metal composition of the block?). Other then that ATP has sent me short studs that are literally useless. Still can't seem to get a torque wrench on them... How on earth do I torque them up right? Anyone got the torque specs for GT2871R studs as well? Can't seem to find em.

Other then that all sorts of crap has happened... Thick brown Pentosin, water pump pulley impossible to remove, timing belt tensioner seized and belt massively stretched (new ones installed, thanks ECS!), sheared turbo to manifold bolts. Got annoyed with the cat and DP not cooperating so I got under the car and Sawzall'ed it right off at the flex and yanked it through the engine bay... Screw the environment, it's test pipe time.

Well, 3 days left to get the new turbo in, the exhaust, the intercooler and the new clutch. Hope I can do it.

Tanzimur
07-26-2013, 09:36 PM
ohh hell ye with the test pipe i just got done with a stock turbo rebuild and test pipe installed getting that goddamn cat was hell and forcing it through the bay with the down pipe took a day, then the turbo mounting bracket underneath the damn thing with the allen bolt strips like a biotch took a cutting wheel to that and last ly getting the goddamn oil return is a pita especially when your freind borrows your jack without asking and you have the car on the ground with max clearance of 2in i almost killed myself this morning but it was all worth it...

Tanzimur
07-26-2013, 09:37 PM
by the way the turbo whistle is sooo sexy when getting on it youll see with that test pipe... ORGASMIC

ToXicXxX
07-26-2013, 09:41 PM
ohh hell ye with the test pipe i just got done with a stock turbo rebuild and test pipe installed getting that goddamn cat was hell and forcing it through the bay with the down pipe took a day, then the turbo mounting bracket underneath the damn thing with the allen bolt strips like a biotch took a cutting wheel to that and last ly getting the goddamn oil return is a pita especially when your freind borrows your jack without asking and you have the car on the ground with max clearance of 2in i almost killed myself this morning but it was all worth it...

Only had to drill out 4 bolts sofar. One for the engine cover mount off the valve cover and 3 off the water pump pulley. Surprisingly all my exhaust manifold studs were... Incredibly loose. Amazed I didn't have an exhaust leak. They weren't even torqued.

ToXicXxX
07-26-2013, 09:42 PM
by the way the turbo whistle is sooo sexy when getting on it youll see with that test pipe... ORGASMIC

Especially with 2.75" non resonated Miltek exhaust, a Forge 008 DV, a GT2871R and a K&N high flow filter. Should sound like a big boy toy.

seanj130
07-26-2013, 11:55 PM
3 days for a turbo and a clutch.. You mean 8 hours and 2 days of drinking heavily.. It can be done..

Seerlah
07-27-2013, 05:27 AM
You don't need torque specs for studs. You simply use the 2 nut lock method and thread them down till they can't thread anymore. The stud has a stop built into them. I also use high temp thread lock (not ones found in your auto parts store) in mine.

Tanzimur
07-28-2013, 07:14 PM
hell ye sounds like a big boy toy goddamn i had pick up truck drivers starn me down today like tf is that bich doin

ToXicXxX
07-28-2013, 07:17 PM
hell ye sounds like a big boy toy goddamn i had pick up truck drivers starn me down today like tf is that bich doin

I always have idiots cutting me off or challenging me in BMWs... And my only mod before was my 18x8.5's...

Tanzimur
07-28-2013, 07:34 PM
ye lmfaooo tell me about stock ride height limp mode 4ibs boost only thing done to the car res and muffler delete jackasses challengin me like i gotta blower under teh hood

nynoah
07-28-2013, 08:12 PM
use high temp thread lock, not massive amounts of torque to the bolt. You will sheer the aluminum threads if you try to tighten too much. Hence the reason studs exist.

ToXicXxX
07-28-2013, 08:39 PM
ye lmfaooo tell me about stock ride height limp mode 4ibs boost only thing done to the car res and muffler delete jackasses challengin me like i gotta blower under teh hood

I do believe you and me have at very least 4 years in age difference.