PDA

View Full Version : Power Steering fluid

Gberg888
07-26-2013, 06:00 AM
Hey guys,

I have a slow leak in my power steering system, losing fluid (I have to fill my reservoir up every 40 days or so).

My question is do I have to use the OEM Fluid from Audi or can I use anything off the shelf from Autozone/advanced auto parts.

woolveren
07-26-2013, 08:52 AM
Hey guys,

I have a slow leak in my power steering system, losing fluid (I have to fill my reservoir up every 40 days or so).

My question is do I have to use the OEM Fluid from Audi or can I use anything off the shelf from Autozone/advanced auto parts.

Never use any cheap fluids unless your rack is shot.

Look for TL-VW-570-26 approval on the bottle. Stick with Pentosin CHF11S.

Cgoon009
07-26-2013, 08:57 AM
Hey guys,

Its one of those things, just go with OEM. My question is "wheres the leak?" I would focus on fixing that, check the tie rod ends for fluid, and check around the PS pump and tank. Fixing the leak is the best way to go.

Gberg888
07-26-2013, 09:50 AM
I havent looked into the leak and frankly, idk when the next time ill get in there is. Its not a huge deal right now to me. I am going to be doing coils, control arms, and motor mounts in the next few months, so ill take a look then.

c0r3y.af
07-26-2013, 10:14 AM
I too have the slight leak and just top off with Pentosin fluid from NAPA. I wouldn't suggest using any cheap "universal" fluid.

Gospelflier
07-26-2013, 10:42 AM
Audis require special German fluid. It is super expensive as well.