PDA

View Full Version : Boost leak 3.0

BirdTurbo
07-18-2013, 11:59 AM
I took it to a shop to find the boost leak and evap leak since I hardly have time to do it myself anymore. What I found out so far is that the engine is tight and there is no leaks but how does that account for the limp mode code, the fluctuations of vacuum when I turn the a/c on. They said it hit around 7psi and also it could be that the gauge is bad but as mentioned before how does that other stuff happen.

Could it be that my turbo is going out?

BirdTurbo
07-19-2013, 09:42 AM
Bumps for halp

bryans12v
07-19-2013, 01:37 PM
What was the code you got?

BirdTurbo
07-19-2013, 08:26 PM
No codes have popped up yet as they had just cleared it but originally it had limp mode code, evap error and O2 code but that is due to the test pipe.

The smoke test on the evap came out to that there was no leak and it is the actually unit itself (das pump).

For the boost they said that it hits around 7psi but isn't supposed to hit at 8. Would that mean that actuator arm is a little loose and I need to readjust it? Also they said that my vdo gauge is probably defective. Still it does not account for the fluctaion of the idle whenever I hit the a/c on?

The original code was this P17544*P1136 Bank Mixture adaptation (system to lean).

BirdTurbo
07-20-2013, 02:05 PM
Now I just got the evap no circut detected and the o2 code so far. How does that explain the fluctuation in the rpm gauge whenever I hit the a/c on?