PDA

View Full Version : quick duplicolor question

lowproa4
07-09-2005, 09:57 PM
I'm bored this weekend so I'm thinking of painting my lowers and fixing a few scratches on my car. I had a few questions before I got started.

Which color silver would you guys use to match the lowers on a 99.5

My rear bumper has a few city scratches on it how would it look if I resprayed the whole thing? Has anybody tried this?

I also have some other scratches on the side of my car and duplicolor has kit to fill them in. I have been to a few stores and the only VW silver I have found is reflex. How far is reflex from brilliant or whatever 99.5 silver is. Also if not duplicolor does anyone make a relatively easy kit for scratch repair that is an exact match?

Any help is apreciated.

AudiMV
07-09-2005, 10:27 PM
im pretty sure reflex silver would be ok for the lowers but i think a lot of people use radiant silver.....i used radiant silver to paint my lip spoiler

A4Rob
07-09-2005, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by lowproa4
I'm bored this weekend so I'm thinking of painting my lowers and fixing a few scratches on my car. I had a few questions before I got started.

Which color silver would you guys use to match the lowers on a 99.5

My rear bumper has a few city scratches on it how would it look if I resprayed the whole thing? Has anybody tried this?

I also have some other scratches on the side of my car and duplicolor has kit to fill them in. I have been to a few stores and the only VW silver I have found is reflex. How far is reflex from brilliant or whatever 99.5 silver is. Also if not duplicolor does anyone make a relatively easy kit for scratch repair that is an exact match?

Any help is apreciated.

Do it right and get the real paint code for your car. Your paint code can be found in the spare tire well.

Do not respray your whole bumper with a rattle can. I wont lie, it will look like crap

WhippeD
07-10-2005, 12:35 AM
^^^word....if you really really have to DIY your bumper at least use a spray gun..and practice first..

AudiSnawb
07-10-2005, 08:22 AM
Duplicolor has a "briliant silver" that matches our factory LY7W "silver" perfectly

IKE20VA4
07-10-2005, 09:56 AM
thought it was radiant silver?

for scratches, check the DIY section...there is really tons of info on painting

G18
07-10-2005, 10:13 AM
i used the radiant silver metallic (edscc338) very happy with the results.

big second on not using these rattle cans for your bumper though, i dont think you would be happy with the results, i would go with spray gun as whipped recommended.

if you need any more info on the lowers pm me i have a bunch of pictures of the process somewhere.