PDA

View Full Version : Selling my car soon

AnthraciteA4
07-09-2013, 09:19 PM
Sad to say it, but I'm looking to leave the Audi scene for a while. I'll probably pick up a cheap VW TDI and still lurk the boards though. Anyway I commute way too much and 19 mpg city isn't cutting it.

It's a dolphin gray 2004 A6 s-line with 116k (don't quote me on that). Almost all the bells and whistles... VERY minor upgrades. ( 034 dv's, cone filter, slotted brakes and grippy pads and a few more things) I've used Lucas upper cylinder lube with every fill up, just changed the oil less than 400 miles ago. Royal Purple HPS.

Right now its just a feeler, I don't REALLY need to sell it until September or so but I'll entertain offers before then. Its headed into the body shop to get some things corrected so I am reluctant to post exterior pictures before its done, but I will take some interior shots tomorrow (hopefully).

Aok303
07-10-2013, 01:02 AM
you know if you buy a bike you can ride 9 months out of the year and your car only gets like 5 to 7 k on it a year thats what im doing i go about 60miles a day just to work and back v8 motor so i feel you on the mileage

papadelogan
07-10-2013, 07:41 AM
you know if you buy a bike you can ride 9 months out of the year and your car only gets like 5 to 7 k on it a year thats what im doing i go about 60miles a day just to work and back v8 motor so i feel you on the mileage

good call... unless he has to wear a suit to work... but then, we're talking FTC so that's not HIGHLY likely, but still a possibility. I lived & worked up in the Fort years ago, and instead of jumping in the F350 CrewCab dually diesel I had, I'd jump on my mountainbike and crank out the 4 miles to the office. I was lucky and there were spare cubes so I took my bike inside.

Also, it sounds like you might need to do some maintenance; 19mpg city seems a bit low to be honest. I get 28-31mpg highway, and 23/24-ish city... but I rarely drive pure city.

Biggest problem with FTC is pedestrian attitudes; I think if you're dumb enough to walk in front of any vehicle that has a green light, you should be run over and crushed. I think 60% of the population of FTC wouldn't survive walking around a city on the East Coast for more than 3 days. Hmmmm.... I see a new hit reality series in the making....

AnthraciteA4
07-10-2013, 11:00 AM
19 mpg city is pretty standard for the 2.7T from what I've read. I think 19 might even be the EPA estimate. I'll probably be doing TFSI coilpacks and new plugs this weekend anyway.

papadelogan
07-10-2013, 12:09 PM
Wow, I missed that it was an A6. I assumed it was an A4. Still, a bike might be a good alternative.