PDA

View Full Version : AC test help

papadelogan
07-01-2013, 06:28 AM
Hey all -

I'm trying to troubleshoot my AC system and am hoping y'all can help me out with a simple test. It will take maybe 2 minutes of your time, while you're driving. My Passenger side (PS) vents don't blow anywhere near the cold air the my Driver side (DS) vents put out. I'm doubting that Audi built it this way - I think my blend door is partially stuck. So here's what I'm asking you to do:

1. Test WITHOUT a passenger
2. Test WITH a passenger

The test: with the car running, set your AC to LO & max out the fan. Put your hand over all 4 vents and see if they are pumping out same/similar temps. That's all.

Driving down the road testing the far right PS vent .... a little sketchy, so no need for that while you're alone. I can feel a big difference between the DS window vent & the PS center vent.

I'm wondering as well if having a passenger will affect air flow/distribution - that's why the 2 tests.

I honestly don't think Audi built that complex of an AC/vent system.... but I want to check with some locals that experience similar conditions and get feedback. I'd really appreciate it if you would do this test for me and post up what your car is doing. Thanks all.

Jon20683
08-08-2013, 07:47 PM
Same issue subscribed

Aok303
08-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Are you saying your not getting the same Air flow or the same Temp during air flow you have two sentances that kinda ask different questions but

By my self seems like same temp had a friend ridding she put her hand on all but the driver side said they feel the same as in air Flow, she did say the Middle which has less room till its blowing out may of felt a bit cooler but not dramatically different . I have a B7 S4 had it on low temp turned up high fan then medium fan then one bar same response from her

but since its dual climate, Im not sure if they are separate fans for both heat and ac for each side, i know on lexus it is and so is the modern Benz
On my friends 2013 Lexus IF he put the temp 90 one side and low other and it blows different temps and fan speeds if set (we dont have the fan speed control i know)

Jon20683
08-08-2013, 08:00 PM
On my b6 all the drivers vents Are cold but the passenger vents are ambient temperature

I've done some searching could be 4 issues

Low refrigerant
A sensor that's cover in a oily film
Possible actuator
Leaking ac part