PDA

View Full Version : A/C Refrigerant High Pressure Switch, sporadic open 22.3 (fuse,switch or overfilled)?

AudiTurbo
06-25-2013, 04:01 AM
So, last week I recharged my a/c and it was working fine until it starting getting really hot out. Now when I turn it on it will chrip every few seconds and I can feel the gas pedal react every time that it does kick out. When looking at the climate control codes I got 22.3 which is A/C Refrigerant High Pressure Switch, sporadic open. The fan is kicking on and staying on while the a/c is on. High pressure switch bad, over filled with r-134a, or could it be the big fuse under the dash?

thanks

AudiTurbo
06-25-2013, 03:34 PM
anyone? I checked and it's a little overfilled. What should I do?
thanks

ianwpb
06-25-2013, 05:52 PM
If I were under the impression, like you seem to be, that the system is overfilled, I guess what I would do is bring it to a shop and have them evacuate and recharge the system. See if that does the trick..

AudiTurbo
06-27-2013, 05:37 AM
Well I haven't done that yet, but I have noticed that if I watch the climate control code for a while it will go back and forth from 22.1 to 22.3. After driving for a little bit it will go back to no codes and the A/C works fine.
Couldn't I just let some of the refrigerant out at my place? Here is the level it's at now.
http://i.imgur.com/SVzLKMd.jpg

Thanks