PDA

View Full Version : Help an OG B5'er out...

94jedi
06-19-2013, 09:19 AM
Hey all, it's been a LOOOOONG time for me in this section...I sold my old B5 back in 2007 [o_o] t3/t4 50 Trim, CTapp tunning, etc etc. yea, It's been a while.

Anyway, I've casually been looking to get a "fun" car for some time now and came across this on on CL.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/3877163471.html

The guy has "some" maintenance records, Fr drivers seat is ripped of course, he says TB was done before he bought the car (obviously, can't be sure).

Looks very clean and yes, I would lowball him (dick move, I know) a bit so that I could spend some money on a c/o kit, a chipped ecu (can you tell I'm old? lol) and other little maintenance items from ECS...Maybe even some wheels If I could get the price down closer to $3K I probably wouldn't go too much farther on the mods...gotta save money for maintenance lol.

Thoughts?

RoadRage
06-19-2013, 09:22 AM
If I had to do it all over again, I'd search for an Avant.

94jedi
06-19-2013, 09:28 AM
Any reason for that? Another OG B5'er friend of mine had (and may still have) a black 01 avant. I loved the look of it, the extra cargo capacity, but I just don't think it's "me". I've always been a sedan guy.

redline380
06-19-2013, 09:36 AM
i paid 6500 5 years ago for the same thing with 15k less miles. like you said, you can do better on the price. but if your coming from a t3/t4, you might be let down with a stock b5. modding plans? not sure which year your b5 was, but if it wasn't an 01 you'll notice an upgrade

AudiSport12
06-19-2013, 09:51 AM
Welcome back! I just recently came back in too.

Not sure on how 'northern' cars are going.. price seems a tad high like you said but nothing unreasonable. He also doesn't look like a completely oblivious seller like most selling B5's so it has probably been well kept. You know what you're looking for, I would say check 'er out. If I were in the market again this would be one I would consider.

94jedi
06-19-2013, 09:53 AM
i paid 6500 5 years ago for the same thing with 15k less miles. like you said, you can do better on the price. but if your coming from a t3/t4, you might be let down with a stock b5. modding plans? not sure which year your b5 was, but if it wasn't an 01 you'll notice an upgrade

It was a 98, AEB (I think?? having trouble remembering all the minutia). Since I sold the B5, I had a full bolt-on mazdaspeed3 (cobb everything), sold that then I drove my wife's Jeep GC for a while (v8) and now I'm in automobile hell driving a lifeless, soul-less 2006 base model civic...white on tan cloth. At least it's a 5spd lol. I used to have a 100 mile daily round-trip commute so I needed something reliable that I could rack up miles on and not care about; enter the civic. Recently, I changed jobs. I work less than 15 miles, round trip, from home now so I'm thinking it's time to "enjoy" driving again.

Mod plans - I think if I'm realistic, at most, I'd do a k04 (or whatever the current next step is - frankenturbo? I've got some studying to do lol), FMIC, full exhaust, wheels, suspension, and unless I'm missing something, that's about it. Not really interested in a full engine build or anything. Maintenance is a big thing for me and I do prefer the OEM+ look. My last B5 was kind of ghetto and done on a serious budget (used t3/t4, used, s4 exhaust, clone mani, shit fmic piping). I'd like to do everything right this time, or at least with decent parts. If that means I don't go as wild with it, fine with me.

94jedi
06-19-2013, 09:56 AM
Welcome back! I just recently came back in too.

Not sure on how 'northern' cars are going.. price seems a tad high like you said but nothing unreasonable. He also doesn't look like a completely oblivious seller like most selling B5's so it has probably been well kept. You know what you're looking for, I would say check 'er out. If I were in the market again this would be one I would consider.

Hey Kyle - I remember you..Black B5, S4 Mirrors, RS4 reps, RS4 grill. I think I looked at buying your car years ago...but for some reason, I thought it was a tip.

Yea, he seems firm on $4200...but I was hoping to get closer to $3200. We'll see. The market for B5's isn't exactly jumping right now. As long as I'm over trade-in value, he shouldn't complain too much about my offer.

redline380
06-19-2013, 10:50 AM
Yeah you got some studying to do on your mods. There have been many advancements in the last 6 years lol. Sounds to me like you just need to search for the right car. That one isn't bad but the price needs to come down. I'd say work the price but don't stop searching

AudiSport12
06-19-2013, 10:56 AM
Pretty close! And yes, it was a tip.. main rason why I got rid of it.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/kyleconn/DSCF1428.jpg
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/kyleconn/DSCF0099.jpg

The main reason I got back into a B5 was because I make a 100mi round trip daily as well.. couldn't afford the drive in a 13mpg Tahoe! If anything, standard K04 or Frankenturbo will be in the works for mine. I drive too many miles for anything past that. Heck, I'm happy just the way it is honestly.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/kyleconn/aw1_zps32ed2a69.jpg

$3200 would be a deal, even $3500 would be. I paid $4000 for my '00, already had everything done (exhaust/tune/CO's/t-belt/control arms/etc) 5k miles before I bought it. Only thing I have done has been the S4 front, tint and wheels. Had 205kmi then.

Like Redline said, there have been many advancements, I'm still (re)learning!

94jedi
06-19-2013, 11:34 AM
Yup! Your old B5 was sooooo clean! New one looks great too! If I could find a clean B5 w/ under 140k already tastefully modded, I'd jump on that in a heartbeat! Unfortunately, clean B5's, are tough to come by these days, much less, tastefully modded ones.

AudiSport12
06-19-2013, 11:43 AM
Thanks! It took me ~5 months looking and then a 12 hr round trip to FL on a weeknight to buy this one. I would have liked for another black one but color was not important when everything else checked out as well as it did.

Keep us updated on what you do!

AudiA4_20T
06-19-2013, 12:15 PM
do it

94jedi
06-19-2013, 12:43 PM
do it

Clint!!! Keep an eye out down there in Fla for something nice and CLEAN. No more long commute. I'm serious this time lol.

skemems
06-19-2013, 02:27 PM
$4200 isnt a bad price or rip off by any means, nor is it a "good deal". Kinda of hard to find a clean b5 with lower mileage for a "good deal". I would rather pay a little more for something thats somewhat clean. Without looking at the car in person hard to tell if $4200 is a fair price but it could well be.

94jedi
06-19-2013, 05:27 PM
$4200 isnt a bad price or rip off by any means, nor is it a "good deal". Kinda of hard to find a clean b5 with lower mileage for a "good deal". I would rather pay a little more for something thats somewhat clean. Without looking at the car in person hard to tell if $4200 is a fair price but it could well be.

Agreed. If I could find something REALLY clean w/ tasteful mods, I'd pay good money for it. I'm actually considering B6's as well, but that eats into any mod money I'd have so I'd have to find something that's been really well maintained AND tastefully modded.

jaychen
06-19-2013, 05:37 PM
is 130k miles considered low mileage to you guys?

Poopie
06-19-2013, 05:38 PM
4200 is a good deal. Of course it would be nice to get it down. I think about 4k is the floor for decent b5s. They aren't gonna get cheaper no matter how miles it has.

AWD, 1.8t, comfy, decent space, looks good, and has tons of potential. I think b5's are the best bargain right now.

See what you can squeeze out of him, but look around if you aren't in a rush.

Poopie
06-19-2013, 05:39 PM

10k mile average per year is pretty low.

94jedi
06-19-2013, 05:54 PM
4200 is a good deal. Of course it would be nice to get it down. I think about 4k is the floor for decent b5s. They aren't gonna get cheaper no matter how miles it has.

AWD, 1.8t, comfy, decent space, looks good, and has tons of potential. I think b5's are the best bargain right now.

See what you can squeeze out of him, but look around if you aren't in a rush.
Poopie!!!! I think you're right. It's a clean car, or at least appears to be. I asked if he was a smoker and he said yes but that he never smokes in the car. BULLSHIT. That's a deal breaker for me. I can't stand the smell of smoke and nothing gets the smell out. My brother lives semi-close to that area so I may have him go look it over for me.

Unfortunately, yea...130k is low for these cars.

indiana
06-21-2013, 05:43 PM
If I had to do it all over again, I'd search for an Avant.

I am a "cargo hog" but I aside from caring a 6 foot ladder, I think the sedans hold more, and I don't need to worry about it hitting me in the head, or being on display to all... Avant cargo cover will limit more than the closed trunk too.

As far as CL lowball being bad or not... Offer what you wish. I did get cursed out by a dude , several times and at length for and e-mail lowball offer on an item on CL that had been listed 3 weeks in a row. To be fair, I offered him cash sight unseen for item as pictured as he described.. it was an outboard motor. I dunno if he ever sold it....

indiana
06-21-2013, 05:45 PM
Look near college campus's professors tend to drive higher end cars, keep them longer, and overmaintain them. I got a '97 A4 last year that was cherry with 79k and $4k in maint done in his last 18 months of ownership.

I am waiting for his 2004 S4 now!!!

Seerlah
06-21-2013, 06:26 PM
I am a smoker and don't smoke in my car. So, he may not be lying. Only time I smoke in the car is on long commutes (ie Philly to NY, NY to Myrtle Beach, etc). I now have one burn mark because I let a friend smoke in my car...decent commute. Sucks butt cheeks.

I personally don't think that is a bad deal. I picked up my car in 07 with 107k for $7.7.

B72011
06-21-2013, 10:35 PM
Lowball him....it's called a market. People offer what they want to pay-----the seller refuses, counters or tells you to fu@k off ...no big deal. Don't understand why people take it personally. I lowball every single thing I try to buy on CL unless its a smoking deal. You get hurt over it....grow up and counter offer. As for the B5 ...I like it. I love black cars, seriously love them, but would not own one due to the difficulty of keeping them clean. If it ain't an issue...if there is a clean maintenance history...do it...to it. Mod it up a bit and run it. Good luck.

disturbed_audi
06-22-2013, 01:32 AM
man the more I read on here I think I got ripped I paid 6k for a 01 Quattro manual sport sus with 115k a year ago. I always tried to find one in va though cause cars go for much less in va then pa.

94jedi
06-22-2013, 06:28 PM
man the more I read on here I think I got ripped I paid 6k for a 01 Quattro manual sport sus with 115k a year ago. I always tried to find one in va though cause cars go for much less in va then pa.

It's all relative. I sold my BT 98 A4 1.8TQM w/ 140k on it for $4k. Granted, the parts weren't the best quality, but it was a decent car. That was in june of 2007. It's June of 2013. It only makes sense that these cars (the clean ones) are realistically selling for $4-6k and those same clean ones won't go for much less than that. However, aside from enthusiasts like us, who the hell wants a 12 year old B5? No matter how clean it is, it's really only people like us looking for DD's or project cars that will buy them.

The guy emailed me back; said he won't go below. $4k. I'll pass for now. He says he's buying a new car and trade in can't be more than $3k tops. If he's smart, he'll take my $3200 offer and get a bit more than trade in. Otherwise, he'll eat the $200.

Besides, the more I think about it, the more I want a B6 USP...unless I can find the perfect B5.

gmx
06-23-2013, 06:09 AM
Life is too short for another B5, my opinion anyway.

88ninety9
06-23-2013, 06:15 AM
I am a smoker and don't smoke in my car. So, he may not be lying. Only time I smoke in the car is on long commutes (ie Philly to NY, NY to Myrtle Beach, etc). I now have one burn mark because I let a friend smoke in my car...decent commute. Sucks butt cheeks.

I personally don't think that is a bad deal. I picked up my car in 07 with 107k for $7.7.

+1 im an avid smoker and never smoke in my cars or house. A4 smells like new still

94jedi
06-23-2013, 06:23 AM
+1 im an avid smoker and never smoke in my cars or house. A4 smells like new still

A little while ago, I had a friend detail my car. He's a smoker, but doesn't smoke in his house or car either, and certainly not customer cars. when I got my car back, it stunk like smoke for 3 weeks.

blacka4
06-23-2013, 06:56 AM
If I was gonna buy another b5 it would be an avant. I've been out of the audi scene for 4 years now

AudiSport12
06-23-2013, 07:12 AM
Im not a smoker but I occasionally smoke cigars and drink beer when washing my vehicles and I always smell it for a couple days after. Regret it every time

88ninety9
06-24-2013, 01:55 PM
A little while ago, I had a friend detail my car. He's a smoker, but doesn't smoke in his house or car either, and certainly not customer cars. when I got my car back, it stunk like smoke for 3 weeks.

Hmm, idk then lol. Maybe its cause i wash my hands constantly, and after everytime i smoke. Well, unless im drunk but then im nowhere near my car :D

94jedi
06-24-2013, 05:20 PM
Hmm, idk then lol. Maybe its cause i wash my hands constantly, and after everytime i smoke. Well, unless im drunk but then im nowhere near my car :D

I think it was just in my friends clothing at that point. He'd been working all day, smoking all day...you know how it goes.

94jedi
08-01-2013, 08:46 AM
Ok, so the search continues...

I've looked for a B5, a B6, some higher mileage B7's and even some A6's.

B6's look like crap unless it's a USP (which everyone still thinks are worth over 10k) or a 04/05 sport which are priced waaaay to high as well.
B7's, look like crap unless lowered w/ wheels and if they're that modded, people want $14k plus. Not in my budget.
A6's are interesting, but I keep reading bad things about the 3.2 and they all look like crap unless it's an 08 or newer (S-Line treatment). I will get an A6 someday, but I'll wait a bit for the 3.0TFSI.

So...I'm back to where it all started, the B5. It's just such a classic, clean look. I've narrowed it down to the later models though. I had a 98 and the newer ones are just a bit nicer. I'd like to find a tastefully modded, well maintained 2000 or 2001. If I can do that, I'll DD it for a while, then maybe one day turn it into a drag car and have some real fun w/ it.

To be honest, I don't want to go to crazy modding but I would like to find a car w/ some tasteful mods already done, then just maintain it. The last thing I need or want is a money pit (so maybe a B5 is the WRONG car lol).

Anyway, here's my old one. I loved this car...kinda wish I hadn't sold it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/94jedi/a4tpd-1.jpg

AudiSport12
08-01-2013, 10:24 AM
It's like you've been testing out hookers just to wind up back with an ex-girlfriend who gave you the [mod]bug in the first place. Hopefully she won't take all your money this time!

In all seriousness, you should be able to find a solid B5 with your given budget or at least with what you were planning on dropping towards a B6/C6. Good luck sir.

94jedi
08-01-2013, 10:31 AM
It's like you've been testing out hookers just to wind up back with an ex-girlfriend who gave you the [mod]bug in the first place. Hopefully she won't take all your money this time!

In all seriousness, you should be able to find a solid B5 with your given budget or at least with what you were planning on dropping towards a B6/C6. Good luck sir.

LOL! Thanks Kyle, that pretty much sums it up!

This is more of a question I need to answer myself but I'm wondering if I can drive a B5 (or any Audi) without sinking a ton of money into it.

TJN0923
08-01-2013, 12:29 PM
100 miles plus everyday is A LOT to ask of any B5 imo. If i was looking at a daily commuter car id probably roll with a corolla or civic.

With that being said, i understand the temptation to get back into a B5. I just don't know how well one would hold up to that kind of daily driving.

Have you thought about getting a cheap, old civic? Those things run FOREVER. And with the money that's left over you could always put towards a B5.

94jedi
08-01-2013, 12:40 PM
100 miles plus everyday is A LOT to ask of any B5 imo. If i was looking at a daily commuter car id probably roll with a corolla or civic.

With that being said, i understand the temptation to get back into a B5. I just don't know how well one would hold up to that kind of daily driving.

Have you thought about getting a cheap, old civic? Those things run FOREVER. And with the money that's left over you could always put towards a B5.

Sorry, I may not have been clear. I used to have a 100 mi daily commute and I currently drive a 2006 civic.

Back at the end of May, I got a new job with a 15 mi round trip commute and this darn civic, although reliable as heck, just isn't cutting it in the "fun" dept.

TJN0923
08-01-2013, 12:50 PM
A okay okay. I probably just missed that part.

Well if that's the case then I don't see how it would cost too much to maintain. I've had my car since may of 2010, and to be completely honest, besides for a few things here and there, it's been a fairly reliable car.

Have you looked on cars.com? Dealerships usually have some b5's, and most of the ones that I've run into are in pretty good condition.

94jedi
08-01-2013, 12:54 PM
A okay okay. I probably just missed that part.

Well if that's the case then I don't see how it would cost too much to maintain. I've had my car since may of 2010, and to be completely honest, besides for a few things here and there, it's been a fairly reliable car.

Have you looked on cars.com? Dealerships usually have some b5's, and most of the ones that I've run into are in pretty good condition.

I've run umpteen searches on autotempest.com which aggregates all the results from autotrader/cars.com/carsdirect/ebay/craigslist/etc. It's just a time thing. I have to wait for the right one to pop up.

Most dealerships end up w/ 2.8 Autos. 1.8TQ's are rare for some reason, and a 5 speed, even more rare. plus I'm only looking at 2000-01. That rules out 1/2 the B5's out there.

On another note, a friend suggested I look for a low-mi, well maintained B5 S4. I hadn't really considered the S4 but that's more of a money pit than an A4 and I've never worked on the 2.7. I know nothing about it.

CCA4
08-01-2013, 01:09 PM
Saw you're local-ish. Finding anything on CL around here that isn't a complete piece of shit is mostly luck. The good ones don't last long, especially if they're realistically priced. I'll keep an eye out for you though. I've been kicking around the idea of selling my avant but I doubt it'll actually happen. Been really wanting a 4.2 Touareg lately....

AudiSport12
08-01-2013, 01:23 PM

Not that it matters in this situation, I've driven mine 100+mi every weekday for just over a year (bought may of last year). Other than 1 wheel bearing, I haven't had to replace anything mechanically. Monthly oil changes are about it. That being said, it's almost time for a new clutch but all that stuff is normal wear and tear anyhow. I would feel comfortable walking out the door right now and hauling ass across the country.

94jedi
08-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Saw you're local-ish. Finding anything on CL around here that isn't a complete piece of shit is mostly luck. The good ones don't last long, especially if they're realistically priced. I'll keep an eye out for you though. I've been kicking around the idea of selling my avant but I doubt it'll actually happen. Been really wanting a 4.2 Touareg lately....

Thanks, I appreciate you keeping an eye out. So...how about some pics of the avant? :)

CCA4
08-01-2013, 01:34 PM
Thanks, I appreciate you keeping an eye out. So...how about some pics of the avant? :)

Didn't want to flub up your thread whoring pics but since you asked... [>_<]

http://i316.photobucket.com/albums/mm323/christopercook7/0506131537_zpsd6af898b.jpg

http://i316.photobucket.com/albums/mm323/christopercook7/2013-02-15_16-14-15_350_zpse458d008.jpg

94jedi
08-01-2013, 01:35 PM
^ So clean....love it!

CCA4
08-01-2013, 01:36 PM
^ So clean....love it!

Thank you!

TJN0923
08-01-2013, 04:05 PM
How far are you willing to travel? When I was searching for a car I put the max distance at either 250 or 500 miles.

It's a shame that you can't find any that you like though. I saw about 3 stock-ish looking 1.8t's in the past month within 10 minutes of me!

94jedi
08-01-2013, 04:23 PM
1000 miles rd trip is quite a drive for a B5...although for the right car, it might be worth it. I was looking in the 200 mi range.

disturbed_audi
08-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Not that it matters in this situation, I've driven mine 100+mi every weekday for just over a year (bought may of last year). Other than 1 wheel bearing, I haven't had to replace anything mechanically. Monthly oil changes are about it. That being said, it's almost time for a new clutch but all that stuff is normal wear and tear anyhow. I would feel comfortable walking out the door right now and hauling ass across the country.

i'm the same paid a little more for my car but damn reliable. had it a year put 18k on it changed oil, wheel bearing that was bad when I bought it, and tires that was fairly bald when I bought it. My car wasn't modded, but there is a few things that was not addressed by previous owner that should have, dv i'm still stock has all the pinch clamps on it, control arms upper pass front rubber ripped just doing complete refresh, and alignment. I might have paid a bit more for mine then normal but I searched mk 4 Jetta's, B5 a4's and s4's for a year and this was the best shape for sale at that time. if I was to do it again though I would have went B5 s4 mq 2.7t. I passed one up right before I bought the a4 it had a ton of work done to it. just didn't seem real legit. I'd search a little harder for a clean s4

CCA4
08-02-2013, 06:55 AM
Exhibit A (http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/cto/3959121568.html). Donk rimz, mis-matched body panels, cracked bumper, missing lower grille.
Exhibit B (http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/cto/3970941445.html). 2.8, slush box, high miles, punched in trunk lid

I could go on and on lol.

This one actually isn't bad though:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ctd/3934310388.html

EDIT: B5 S4 with a "ceased' motor for $3500. Stage 3 build!

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/3970956871.html

EDIT #2: OoooooOOOOOooooo. Get this one:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/3973556250.html

94jedi
08-02-2013, 08:15 AM
Exhibit A (http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/cto/3959121568.html). Donk rimz, mis-matched body panels, cracked bumper, missing lower grille.
Exhibit B (http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/cto/3970941445.html). 2.8, slush box, high miles, punched in trunk lid

I could go on and on lol.

This one actually isn't bad though:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ctd/3934310388.html

EDIT: B5 S4 with a "ceased' motor for $3500. Stage 3 build!

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/3970956871.html

EDIT #2: OoooooOOOOOooooo. Get this one:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/3973556250.html

Geez...those prospects make it that much more frustrating. They all suck.

TJN0923
08-02-2013, 08:48 AM
exhibit a (http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/cto/3959121568.html). Donk rimz, mis-matched body panels, cracked bumper, missing lower grille.

dammit, carlos.

94jedi
08-02-2013, 08:56 AM
Been looking at B5 S4's all night/morning...someone talk me down from the ledge!

AudiSport12
08-02-2013, 10:13 AM
Are you keeping the Civic too? May want to if you get one lol...

94jedi
08-02-2013, 10:16 AM
Are you keeping the Civic too? May want to if you get one lol...

Nah, I had planned to sell it after finding a car. lol

94jedi
08-13-2013, 08:39 AM
Alright guys, I'm still looking for the right vehicle...

What are your thoughts about this one? If I can get it for the right price, I'll have some money left over for wheels, suspension and maybe some go fast(er) goodies.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/3997679765.html

CCA4
08-13-2013, 09:45 AM
Alright guys, I'm still looking for the right vehicle...

What are your thoughts about this one? If I can get it for the right price, I'll have some money left over for wheels, suspension and maybe some go fast(er) goodies.

Looks fairly clean. Not a bad price either. I'd ask him why the CEL is on and it's DEFINITELY going to need a coolant flush and a new expansion tank. Looks like the guy mixed G12 with regular coolant...

AudiSport12
08-13-2013, 10:11 AM
Not a bad looking deal. I'm always weary though of adds that dont give up much information. T-belt, clutch, reason for selling, etc. Other than that, I actually like that one a lot. Volcano too [drool]

94jedi
08-13-2013, 10:12 AM
Looks fairly clean. Not a bad price either. I'd ask him why the CEL is on and it's DEFINITELY going to need a coolant flush and a new expansion tank. Looks like the guy mixed G12 with regular coolant...

Good call, I was figuring the key was on acc position or something. yea, I'd need to put some money aside to do some basic stuff, right off the bat. just to get it up to par.

94jedi
08-13-2013, 10:16 AM
Not a bad looking deal. I'm always weary though of adds that dont give up much information. T-belt, clutch, reason for selling, etc. Other than that, I actually like that one a lot. Volcano too [drool]

yup... Looks like it just got a basic wash too. you can see the water spots on the sunroof and paint. I'll get more info on it. I see the two front lower moldings are missing as well.

AudiSport12
08-13-2013, 10:25 AM
If need be I have a couple of those laying around from when I test fitted my S4 mouldings. I'm keeping all the A4 mouldings off to hopefully push myself to get my S4 ones painted and installed. Hasnt worked for 2 months though!

94jedi
08-13-2013, 10:35 AM
If need be I have a couple of those laying around from when I test fitted my S4 mouldings. I'm keeping all the A4 mouldings off to hopefully push myself to get my S4 ones painted and installed. Hasnt worked for 2 months though!

Thanks Kyle! I appreciate the offer and may take you up on that!

94jedi
08-14-2013, 09:26 AM

Spoke to the owner today...sigh...It needs the TB done, and needs a turbo. It runs but probably not well. It's throwing 4 codes for various sensors. If he listed for $3k, there's no way he's coming down to the $1500 (or less) I'd like to get it for, so that I can fix everything wrong w/ it.

It's probably more than I can handle (time-wise) right now...geez. I thought this might be the one.