PDA

View Full Version : Replacing old vacuum lines.

98 A4 Quattro
06-17-2013, 05:18 PM
Just the other day I posted 9 codes I was throwing, I got bored bought a bunch of vacuum line started cutting and replacing. Now I only have 2 codes showing, VSS, and Secondary Air Injection Pump, which is because my hose is snapped in half but I ordered the part from ECS on Saturday. I am excited and felt the need to share if anyone else was throwing codes, and had rough idle problems or even car dying at stop lights. It fixed all of mine. Oh the vacuum line on the v6 30 valve is mostly 5/32's, not sure if it goes the same on the 1.8.

SN95Audi87
06-17-2013, 06:32 PM
Just the other day I posted 9 codes I was throwing, I got bored bought a bunch of vacuum line started cutting and replacing. Now I only have 2 codes showing, VSS, and Secondary Air Injection Pump, which is because my hose is snapped in half but I ordered the part from ECS on Saturday. I am excited and felt the need to share if anyone else was throwing codes, and had rough idle problems or even car dying at stop lights. It fixed all of mine. Oh the vacuum line on the v6 30 valve is mostly 5/32's, not sure if it goes the same on the 1.8.

I just got done doing this too. I replaced 5 vacuum lines going to various valves and intake manifold/SAI. Car runs a billion times better; only showing 1 code: P0411. I will get to it when I get to it but most of the time these cars have vacuum issues then serious mechanical issues unless other wise. Feels good doesn't it?