PDA

View Full Version : May have to drop out of the race...

AnotherMonday
06-15-2013, 02:21 PM
As much as I hate to, it looks like I may have to part ways with my A4. I ended up getting the fuel pump and filter replaced a few days ago for about $872. While in the shop, the mechs said that my clutch and transaxle needed to be replaced immediately or look at being randomly stranded. The estimate for those repairs was clear past $2.5k...

It's looking ugly, guys. I knew it'd be rough for an older luxury vehicle, but I definitely wasn't expecting this back-to-back.

My problem is, this is my first car and, of course, I'm attached deeply. Debating on whether the better move would be to either sell, trade, or stick it out... If I do get another vehicle, it'll most likely be another B5, or possibly B6.

What are you guys input?

demonmk2
06-15-2013, 02:49 PM
Why don't you fix it?

demonmk2
06-15-2013, 02:51 PM
Shop around too.. 2500 for a clutch and axle job is BS.
they're f'n you big time.

coolgraymemo
06-15-2013, 02:52 PM
$872 for fuel pump and fuel filter is way too much.

DIY, slow and steady.

Seerlah
06-15-2013, 03:00 PM
My input...you got raped. And it seems they want to go in for round two. I'm not even joking.

I would have gave you my old fuel pump for free, and replacing it yourself is not difficult. There is also a DIY floating around for filter replacement. As for the clutch, how exactly did they determine it needs replacement? Did it ever slip on you personally? If not, take there workds with a huge grain of...bullsh*t. Replacing the transaxle? Really? Once again, why do they say this? Don't ever go back to that shop, inspect your axles yourself, and drive your car like you never even went to that shop. Enjoy your day!

I see you are fairly new here. My advice: learn to pick up a wrench, come out the pockets for maintenance/repairs, or part ways with your car.

AnotherMonday
06-15-2013, 03:01 PM
Why don't you fix it?

I don't have the know-how nor equipment to do it. I've tried tweaking and wrenching before, but they were minor repairs. Not to sure about trying to fix and possibly screw up my DD, especially with a major part. If I had a more knowledgeable hand to help out, I'd more inclined to do so.

Shop around too.. 2500 for a clutch and axle job is BS.
they're f'n you big time.

Definitely in the works, but dropping $100+ cash for a diagnosis each time is counter-productive as well.

$872 for fuel pump and fuel filter is way too much.

DIY, slow and steady.

Unfortunately I didn't have the time and had to get back on the road ASAP.
I'll keep looking around for better pricing for the clutch/axle work.

Honestly, should a noob attempt a clutch/axle job solo?

AnotherMonday
06-15-2013, 03:08 PM
My input...you got raped. And it seems they want to go in for round two. I'm not even joking.

I would have gave you my old fuel pump for free, and replacing it yourself is not difficult. There is also a DIY floating around for filter replacement. As for the clutch, how exactly did they determine it needs replacement? Did it ever slip on you personally? If not, take there workds with a huge grain of...bullsh*t. Replacing the transaxle? Really? Once again, why do they say this? Don't ever go back to that shop, inspect your axles yourself, and drive your car like you never even went to that shop. Enjoy your day!

I see you are fairly new here. My advice: learn to pick up a wrench, come out the pockets for maintenance/repairs, or part ways with your car.

Jeez... Wish I'd've known. Nobody I know in Savannah knows what the proper pricing on Audi repairs are, nor do any shops wanna touch 'em, with the exception of the $tealer, the aforementioned shop, and one other shop. The junkyards here don't even carry Audi parts specifically...

Seerlah
06-15-2013, 03:12 PM
Ask around.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/22-South-East

For an example, my mechanic charges $250 for a clutch install and you can pick up a brand new Valeo kit for cheap. That is even if there is anything wrong with your clutch. As for the axle job, still ask around. Or pick up tools, do it yourself, and learn a thing or two along the way..

AnotherMonday
06-15-2013, 03:25 PM
I don't really feel a difference in the clutch, but the shop (I know, I know) mentioned this time and previously that it's soon on its way out. They and others made mention that you usually don't feel the difference in the clutch much until it goes. Something about an adaptive clutch or whatever that allows for a comfortable drive throughout the clutch's life.

coolgraymemo
06-15-2013, 03:35 PM
They are probably going off your mileage. I would replace it until it starts to slip. It doesn't just go (most of the time).

csosnowski
06-15-2013, 03:46 PM
I don't really feel a difference in the clutch, but the shop (I know, I know) mentioned this time and previously that it's soon on its way out. They and others made mention that you usually don't feel the difference in the clutch much until it goes. Something about an adaptive clutch or whatever that allows for a comfortable drive throughout the clutch's life.

1.8t and 2.8 do not have SAC, self adjusting clutch. They are lying to you.

If your pedal engagement is very high and the car feels like it shudders when engaging first gear (low speed) then your clutch may be on its way out.

Why do they say you need a transmission? Does it make noise?

My avant has 260k with stock clutch and everything. It slips if I put the chipped ecu in, otherwise it holds just fine. Unless your car was beat on heavily or has a ton of miles then I would take your vehicle somewhere else.

What is your car, year, mileage, engine?

thenj3
06-15-2013, 03:47 PM
Ask around.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/22-South-East

For an example, my mechanic charges $250 for a clutch install and you can pick up a brand new Valeo kit for cheap. That is even if there is anything wrong with your clutch. As for the axle job, still ask around. Or pick up tools, do it yourself, and learn a thing or two along the way..

Mitch that quote for a clutch is stupid cheap. Figure your gonna be charged around ten hours for a clutch at say 100 bucks an hour your already at a grand. Add the cost of the clutch kit. Then for the axle figure you will be charged 4 hours, so another 400 plus the price of the axle. So that quote makes close sense to me.

walky_talky20
06-15-2013, 03:57 PM
If you are going to be paying retail for parts and labor for everything that goes wrong, then a B5 is not the car for you. I'm sorry to say that, but it's true. In some cases, an honest euro-capable shop that charges reasonable rates and has access to high quality aftermarket parts can make it doable. It sounds like that is not your situation, though.

If paying 2.5k for a clutch job (should that be needed) is your best option for repair, you should do yourself a favor and get something cheaper to own. It's just not cost effective to dump that kind of cash into a B5 that's worth less than 5k.

AnotherMonday
06-15-2013, 03:58 PM
1.8t and 2.8 do not have SAC, self adjusting clutch. They are lying to you.

If your pedal engagement is very high and the car feels like it shudders when engaging first gear (low speed) then your clutch may be on its way out.

Why do they say you need a transmission? Does it make noise?

My avant has 260k with stock clutch and everything. It slips if I put the chipped ecu in, otherwise it holds just fine. Unless your car was beat on heavily or has a ton of miles then I would take your vehicle somewhere else.

What is your car, year, mileage, engine?

Hmm... The clutch engagement is high and only have about 148k+ miles on the car. '99 AHA 2.8 30v

It does make a god-awful noise though... I have a previous post about it, but it was thought to be a driveshaft issue. When Jamaleas (AZ member) looked at it with me, the front passenger axle had a bit of play. Not sure if it's a related problem, separate, or misdiagnosis.

Avant Nate
06-15-2013, 05:15 PM
Any shop that would charge $872 to change a fuel pump is beyond shady. They probably take you as a mark. I have a 205k miles on stock clutch and I'm not nice to it. It cost me $85 to put a walbro 255 in. And the filter is less than $20.

coolgraymemo
06-15-2013, 05:22 PM
Any shop that would charge $872 to change a fuel pump is beyond shady. They probably take you as a mark. I have a 205k miles on stock clutch and I'm not nice to it. It cost me $85 to put a walbro 255 in. And the filter is less than $20.

Stock clutch with a 28RS elim?

AnotherMonday
06-15-2013, 05:26 PM

Here's the breakdown of the actual invoice to help you guys get a picture of what happened this last go around:

Fuel Pump: $276.94
Fuel Filter: $17.56
Fuel Pump - Remove/Replace: 1.6 hrs / $174.58
Check ignition/ injectors: .90 hrs / $98.20
Fuel Filter: 3.5 hrs / $381.88

They mentioned that they gave me a 10% discount on parts and labor to adjust for a quote given prior to repair and what actually transpired.

Cgoon009
06-15-2013, 06:43 PM
Well I was going to say that shop is ass raping you worse then pulp fiction, but seeing as everyone else already told you that I will move on to the other part of my input.

Don't leave us just yet, can you take mass transit to work? If not, do you have access to a DD that is cheap but running? The reason I ask, is because a little time and will power on your part can fix this. You can do this work, with the help of the internet, and a Bentleys or Haynes repair manual. As far as the clutch and tranny go, can you post a video showing us? It might help us figure out whether this shop is after your money or its true. I would hate to see someone have to sell their car because of exaggerated statements. Last but not least, if you are over it, or you really can't stay, I hear you. But personally, I would like to see you fix your problem, and own that POS shop. I guess im an underdog type of guy. Good luck man.

thermostate82
06-15-2013, 06:55 PM
That fuel filter is way off in my experience
But I've never replaced one on an audi!

AnotherMonday
06-15-2013, 06:59 PM
Well I was going to say that shop is ass raping you worse then pulp fiction, but seeing as everyone else already told you that I will move on to the other part of my input.

Don't leave us just yet, can you take mass transit to work? If not, do you have access to a DD that is cheap but running? The reason I ask, is because a little time and will power on your part can fix this. You can do this work, with the help of the internet, and a Bentleys or Haynes repair manual. As far as the clutch and tranny go, can you post a video showing us? It might help us figure out whether this shop is after your money or its true. I would hate to see someone have to sell their car because of exaggerated statements. Last but not least, if you are over it, or you really can't stay, I hear you. But personally, I would like to see you fix your problem, and own that POS shop. I guess im an underdog type of guy. Good luck man.

Wow. I feel loved, lol. But naw man, I can't leave Audi. Even if I do sell, I'll be back in another B5 or 6 soon. God bless the rings... *tear*

Mass transit in Savannah is the bus system, which is unreliable nor an option for me, given my extremely volatile schedule. I took a taxi for about 4 days straight and almost cried at the amount of money I've spent. May have to carpool with my workmates/friends but I hate to be a burden.

How would I make a video for the clutch if it's interior and not much to see? The only thing I can readily record is the flutter sound, which I've already done. As far as the shop is concerned, they seem to be honest people, everyone points me in there direction, but Lord, is it expensive.

Edit: I'm 22, no alternate DD for me.

coolgraymemo
06-15-2013, 07:29 PM
Sorry if this is intrusive or too personal, but are you a young lady?

AnotherMonday
06-15-2013, 07:42 PM
Sorry if this is intrusive or too personal, but are you a young lady?

I definitely own a pair of cajones.

shinamura
06-15-2013, 07:56 PM
i got quoted $500 for labor on a clutch job after I had purchased the parts. and the axle job is very doable yourself, i hardly wrench at all, and I was able to get it done with alot of help from these guys

Seerlah
06-15-2013, 11:41 PM
Mitch that quote for a clutch is stupid cheap. Figure your gonna be charged around ten hours for a clutch at say 100 bucks an hour your already at a grand. Add the cost of the clutch kit. Then for the axle figure you will be charged 4 hours, so another 400 plus the price of the axle. So that quote makes close sense to me.

That price is damn near impossible to beat from a legit Euro shop, but there are def shops out there that have very reasonable prices. I even recommended people to my mechanic and they drove hours to his shop to save that money. Even TConklin did it and AudiNFS when they owned a B5 A4. That drive still saved them a couple hundred dollars.

OP, since you have a pair of balls the pick up a wrench and use them. You really won't know what you are capable of unless you give it a try. I agree that a clutch job would be out of your scope right now, but the fuel pump and filter you most def could have done yourself believe it or not. And unless the clutch slips, don't bother with replacing it yet. A clutch can last the entire life of a vehicle. It all depends on how it was driven.

Pardon if I am coming off as a d*ck, but it gets me kind of upset when people spend this amount of money on maintenance when they are members of a forum board where we are always here to help each others out, help each others save money, and so forth. There are member's of this forum board who have even came to my house so they can have things done to their car. On my driveway getting it done. And on the same respect, I have driven distances to have people do things to my vehicle. Latest one was like a 2.5 hour drive to PA to have a custom intercooler placed on. Would have cost me $700 to have it installed by my tuner.

andyrew
06-16-2013, 01:22 AM
i got quoted $500 for labor on a clutch job after I had purchased the parts. and the axle job is very doable yourself, i hardly wrench at all, and I was able to get it done with alot of help from these guys

$500 for labor on a clutch job is pretty good IMHO...
Its 10 hours min for a shop to change a clutch. Thats $50/hour. Average rates for Domestics is 75/hr and imports 100+.

250 for a clutch job... As a mechanic, I'd pay for that... Thats ridiculously cheap for the labor/stress involved.

You should be about 1k for a clutch and labor from a reputable shop. Another 150 for a remanufactured axle and an extra $50 for labor for the axle.

Seerlah
06-16-2013, 01:41 AM
My mechanic can change a clutch in under 2 hours if he wanted. I personally watched him and one of his mechanics pull rods and pistons in like 30 min from a car (may sound unbelievable, but I watched it).

I was also going to have him place my clutch in, but motor build time came around and I ended up doing it myself when engine was out.

disturbed_audi
06-16-2013, 01:56 AM
dude I think they are trying to take you sounds like they quoted you a crazy price for the original work and you paid it so they are trying to take you for all your worth. driving the car out of the garage to the parking lot they couldn't tell that your clutch is bad unless its in really bad shape which you'd notice it if it was that bad. axle your capable of doing that. if you have common sense and read diy's it for the most part is strait forward what ever comes off has to go back where it came from. if I was in your shoes I would drive it and change your axle, if it needs changed.

Cgoon009
06-16-2013, 09:18 AM
Pardon if I am coming off as a d*ck, but it gets me kind of upset when people spend this amount of money on maintenance when they are members of a forum board where we are always here to help each others out, help each others save money, and so forth. There are member's of this forum board who have even came to my house so they can have things done to their car. On my driveway getting it done. And on the same respect, I have driven distances to have people do things to my vehicle. Latest one was like a 2.5 hour drive to PA to have a custom intercooler placed on. Would have cost me $700 to have it installed by my tuner.

Well said, I hate to see money wasted.

xdewaynex
06-16-2013, 09:48 AM
Im puzzled by the fact it took 3.5hrs to replace the fuel filter. 30-45min at the most from my experience (including jacking up the car, and dealing with the rusted nut/bolt)

98 A4 Quattro
06-16-2013, 10:49 PM

100 dollars an hour? in ohio they charge 50 a hour usually.

Trevman
06-17-2013, 12:41 AM
Im puzzled by the fact it took 3.5hrs to replace the fuel filter. 30-45min at the most from my experience (including jacking up the car, and dealing with the rusted nut/bolt)

+1
I'm not that experienced and I always take my time. I replaced my fuel filter in less than an hour. I even got the bolt back in.[up]

You can do it dude. Everyone starts somewhere and for how that shop charges you could buy good parts and good tools and still not have spent nearly that much. And once you have tools the fun begins [:D]

AnotherMonday
06-17-2013, 04:52 AM
You guys are good people and I definitely appreciate the feedback. I'll be giving a serious hand at doing my own work, especially as there's no place to go in town that:

1) Works on Audis
2) Does #1 at an affordable price

That being said, I may have to leave the major jobs, like clutch and engine work, to an actual shop. Doesn't seem to be many B5'ers in Savannah that wrench (outside of an AZ member that'll be leaving in about a month) nor have I gotten any response in the regional forum for any local shops/repair guys in the city or surrounding area.

I'll hold onto my B5. Not leaving yet...

xdewaynex
06-17-2013, 07:27 AM
Take it from someone who never worked on a vehicle, up until 2005. I had no mechanical skills at all, but I lowered a truck, bagged it 2 years later, and a few engine upgrades. When it came to the A4, I done the timing belt change 3 months after owning it in 2009. Since then, Ive pulled the motor and trans, turbo swap, clutch and flywheel swap, new front suspension and coil overs. Ive now pulled the engine and trans from my A6, changing out all the seals/gaskets, fixing stuff from where it was wrecked.

Basically youre not going to learn until you jump in. I read quite a bit, and lots of help from here on AZ. Believe me, I was scared to death, doing most jobs on these cars, but its quite the learning experience. Honestly, I didnt have the right tools at the time, just bought as I went. All the tools Ive used on my A4 and A6, can literally fit in a backpack, and theyre all hand tools, I dont use air tools, even though I have a compressor and everything.

AudiSport12
06-17-2013, 08:17 AM
Wow man, prices are high! Which shop did you take it to, if you don't mind me asking? I'm in Savannah and would be more than happy to help you out. I don't necessarily have the know-how or equipment to do clutch work but I can tinker with most other usual maintenece items, (i.e fuel filters, suspension work, etc) that I've had the joy of doing on my past 3 Audi's. Just let me know, it's nothing for me to toss a cold one back and play with these cars. Plus, there are a few other Audi guys in the area I'm sure would be down to take a look at things for you. Just post in the "Anyone around Savannah" thread in the SE forum Seerlah posted above.

AnotherMonday
06-17-2013, 12:09 PM
Take it from someone who never worked on a vehicle, up until 2005. I had no mechanical skills at all, but I lowered a truck, bagged it 2 years later, and a few engine upgrades. When it came to the A4, I done the timing belt change 3 months after owning it in 2009. Since then, Ive pulled the motor and trans, turbo swap, clutch and flywheel swap, new front suspension and coil overs. Ive now pulled the engine and trans from my A6, changing out all the seals/gaskets, fixing stuff from where it was wrecked.

Basically youre not going to learn until you jump in. I read quite a bit, and lots of help from here on AZ. Believe me, I was scared to death, doing most jobs on these cars, but its quite the learning experience. Honestly, I didnt have the right tools at the time, just bought as I went. All the tools Ive used on my A4 and A6, can literally fit in a backpack, and theyre all hand tools, I dont use air tools, even though I have a compressor and everything.

Wow. I may be overcomplicating it a lot if that's the case!

Wow man, prices are high! Which shop did you take it to, if you don't mind me asking? I'm in Savannah and would be more than happy to help you out. I don't necessarily have the know-how or equipment to do clutch work but I can tinker with most other usual maintenece items, (i.e fuel filters, suspension work, etc) that I've had the joy of doing on my past 3 Audi's. Just let me know, it's nothing for me to toss a cold one back and play with these cars. Plus, there are a few other Audi guys in the area I'm sure would be down to take a look at things for you. Just post in the "Anyone around Savannah" thread in the SE forum Seerlah posted above.

I went to Autosport. Ted and the crew are great people, super informative, but just too much for me to make repeated trips. And I'd be down to meet and chop it up with you guys! I'll be sure to post over there soon.

indiana
06-17-2013, 02:11 PM
My mechanic can change a clutch in under 2 hours if he wanted. I personally watched him and one of his mechanics pull rods and pistons in like 30 min from a car (may sound unbelievable, but I watched it).

I was also going to have him place my clutch in, but motor build time came around and I ended up doing it myself when engine was out.

I once changed shocks on a Volvo in 20 minutes for both rear. And sometimes like this clutch master repair from hell on my A4 should take a couple hours and is nearing 9!

indiana
06-17-2013, 02:16 PM
[QUOTE=AnotherMonday;8828414]You guys are good people and I definitely appreciate the feedback. I'll be giving a serious hand at doing my own work, especially as there's no place to go in town that:

1) Works on Audis
2) Does #1 at an affordable price

There is nothing particularly special about Audi's or other cars. A great mechanic will understand why something is worn, and repair it to original spec or better. I consider myself a great mechanic... Iv'e done engines from flathead V8 to Mazda Rotary. Cars from MG to Audi, Buick, and Caddi. I honestly think a Duesenburg wouldn't pose any special issues... that being said I wouldn't tear into the engine of a Duesy without a lot of research. In the end you get what you pay for... unless the person is a complete shlub!

AnotherMonday
07-02-2013, 07:07 PM
Met with AudiSport12 to give her another once over. Inconclusive as to what the true source of the chatter/flutter is, but it was brought up that the flywheel/clutch may be damaged. Still don't feel a difference in performance, slip, nor a change in clutch engagement height. Even compared clutch height to AudiSport12's S4. Nearly identical. Not to be overlooked, the extreme positive camber on the RR wheel is still a mystery. Both sets of CAs look to be in good shape, as well as the other visible connecting parts. Could be overlooking something, but I'm at a loss. 2 members and 2 shops are collectively scratching their heads trying to make heads or tails of it. Hmm...

Unrelated: After seeing/hearing AudiSport12's S4, I want one. Badly. After I get rich. Took photos of it that should surface soon...

Corrado_Guy
07-02-2013, 08:00 PM
Whenever you have odd alignment issues the first thing you want to do is check what everything is bolted to and make sure it is not damaged. The control arms mount to a sub-frame which is known to rust out and it can easily be tweaked in an accident and the bushings do wear out. Any one of those items can pull things out of whack or the actual knuckle can be tweaked as well which can do the same thing. Don't forget that 90% of all curbs get the passengers side of the car so you really need to check into it closely and make sure there is no accident damage on the control arms, knuckles, or the sub-frame/bushings. Hopefully you checked the title of your car to ensure it did not have a rebuild or excessive damage declaration on it.

seanj130
07-02-2013, 08:26 PM
You should just be paying for the clutch install.. the new axle install should be free as they come out when you do the clutch..

M-Hood
07-03-2013, 06:00 AM
You should just be paying for the clutch install.. the new axle install should be free as they come out when you do the clutch..

The axle is not removed during a clutch install, it is just unbolted from the transmission and pushed back out of the way. The cost for them to change it at the same time shouldn't be that much seeing they only have to unbolt the outer bolt and then slide the axle out.

seanj130
07-03-2013, 06:31 AM
The axle is not removed during a clutch install, it is just unbolted from the transmission and pushed back out of the way. The cost for them to change it at the same time shouldn't be that much seeing they only have to unbolt the outer bolt and then slide the axle out.

Maybe that was it, when I had my clutch done, then didn't charge me to install the new axle. Thanks for clearing that up. [:D]

AudiSport12
07-03-2013, 10:44 AM
Met with AudiSport12 to give her another once over. Inconclusive as to what the true source of the chatter/flutter is, but it was brought up that the flywheel/clutch may be damaged. Still don't feel a difference in performance, slip, nor a change in clutch engagement height. Even compared clutch height to AudiSport12's S4. Nearly identical. Not to be overlooked, the extreme positive camber on the RR wheel is still a mystery. Both sets of CAs look to be in good shape, as well as the other visible connecting parts. Could be overlooking something, but I'm at a loss. 2 members and 2 shops are collectively scratching their heads trying to make heads or tails of it. Hmm...

Unrelated: After seeing/hearing AudiSport12's S4, I want one. Badly. After I get rich. Took photos of it that should surface soon...

It's just an A4. S4 front bumper and S4 side skirts going on. Will be full on poser though once I get everything on (minus the badges, of course) lol

I just wasn't able to pick out any differences when comparing both sides visually. Put it up on ramps and nothing looked tweaked underneath and the bushings looked to be in good shape for being 14 years old. Positive camber and toe in are very noticeable at glance though. Outside of the tire is chewed up.

As far as the clutch noise, just sounded like chatter when being engaged and a whining/chattery noise as speed/rpm increased, quieting down when taken out of gear. Release point was kind of high, similar to mine but then again I'm somewhat certain I have the original clutch at 242k mi. OP's car has 135k mi, 2.8L, '98.5 MY.

I am by no means a master mechanic so a knowledgeable shop should be able to help out more. I still would take it to a different alignment shop and see what they have to say. Matter of fact, I have a friend who has a shop in Garden City that can probably help out, pm me and I can give you the details.

bw86
07-03-2013, 11:40 AM
3.5 hours to change a fuel filter? wtf?!

Cgoon009
07-03-2013, 11:48 AM
3.5 hours to change a fuel filter? wtf?!

Yea man, that sounds about right...

30 min to change the filter and complete the job

An hour for lunch

15 mins to laugh at how much they are charging

.....and the rest to smoke crack

redline380
07-03-2013, 11:57 AM
yeah i saw that 3.5 hours for fuel filter. and only 1.5 hours to do pump? it should be the other way around, not to mention the pump can be done in 30 minutes! it took me 2 hours to change my filter yesterday, including an hour lunch break and a 15 minute break to dig the sand out of my my eyes.

op, that shop fucked you pretty good. i was quoted $800 for a clutch job once. and i thought that was a tad high.

AnotherMonday
08-26-2013, 02:41 PM
An addendum to my issues:

After getting off the highway and slowing to a stop, I hear a pop. Initially I thought it to be my tire bursting. When I got out to examine it, the tire was 'fine' but the wheel has even crazier toe-in and positive camber than before.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/27/8ysena5e.jpg

This photo was taken parallel to the right side of the body. I've taken it to two shops that raised the car up, but neither could pinpoint what it is without suggesting to throw parts at it. Also had two AZ members peep at it, but weren't able to draw any solid conclusions. Any help?

thenj3
08-26-2013, 02:54 PM
jack that corner of the car up. check for any free in the wheel side to side and up and down. check that all ball joints are solid. does the car still move?

Seerlah
08-26-2013, 04:03 PM
You need to jack that corner up and take the wheel off. If something popped, something broke. Fix (replace) that, and you more than likely fixed that problematic dilemma of your life. Then move onto the chattering of your clutch/drivetrain.