PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Dubs Along the Rockies; Aug 10th Parker, CO

DATRshow
06-14-2013, 05:16 PM
Hello all!! I wanted to introduce you to the 12th Annual Dubs Along the Rockies (DATR) Show is Colorado's premier Volkswagen and Audi enthusiast event. The event includes cars covering the entire range of VW and Audi products from the original Type 1 up to the newest Audi R8.

The show is scheduled for Saturday August 10th, 2013 just south of Denver, Colorado at Sports Authority Stadium in Parker, with the gorgeous front range of the Rocky Mountains as our backdrop. Our goal is to provide far more than your typical car show by hosting a swap meet, new vendors, and fun events for everyone in your household including face painting and Bungee Jumping.

Hardey's Motorwerks is returning as the title sponsor for this year. We are working on some new and exciting things and activities for DATR2013. However, we are open for all suggestions. Let us know what you think, and what you want. We will try our best to address each concern.

http://www.gasmaskmedia.com/datr2013/datr2013-1080.jpg

Show Location:
Dubs Along the Rockies 2013 will be held at Sports Authority Stadium.
The stadium is located on Newlin Gulch Rd. in Parker, Colorado.

The Sports Authority Stadium is owned and operated by Douglas County School District. This means the event is a dry event; no drugs, no alcohol.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/529084_350263148408362_1233204661_n.jpg

Here are the classes..

Best of Show;
King of the Rockies
People's Choice

Watercooled Volkswagen: (Best of Class and Runner Up)
MK I (Golf, GTI, Cabriolet, Jetta)
MK II (Golf, GTI, Cabriolet, Jetta)
MK III (Golf, GTI, Cabrio, Jetta)
MK IV (Golf, GTI, Jetta)
MK V (Golf, GTI, Jetta)
MK VI (Golf, GTI, Jetta)
R32/R (2004, 2008, 2012)
Scirocco & Corrado
B5 Passat
B6 Passat & CC
B7 Passat
Eos (all)
Other VW (Dasher, Quantum, B3 Passat, Fox, Pointer, etc.)
New Beetle (all years/models)

Audi: (Best of Class and Runner Up)
4000/ 80/ 90 (incl Coupe)
B5 Audi A4/ S4
B6 Audi A4/ S4
B7 Audi A4/ S4/ RS4
B8 Audi A4/ S4/ RS4
Audi A5/ S5/ RS5
5000/ 100/ 200
Audi A6/ S6/ RS6 (all)
Audi TT (all)
Audi Other (A8/ S8/ R8/ A7)

VAG: (Best of Class and Runner Up)
Family Hauler (Tiguan, Touareg, Eurovan, Routan, Q5, Q7)

Air Cooled: (Best of Class)
Convertible Beetle (all)
Beetle (1967 or earlier)
Beetle (1968 or newer)
Karmann Ghia (all)
Off Road/Special Interest
Type 2 (Vanagon, Eurovan, Pickup)
Type 3 & 4

German/European Automobiles: (Best of Class)
All Euro (1992 or earlier)
All Euro (1993 or newer)

Fun Stuff for ALL Cars Entered
Best Engine
Best Paint
Best Patina
Best Interior
Best Display
Best Wheels
Furthest Drive (calculated from vehicle registration zip code)

ONLINE REGISTRATION!!
www.dubsalongtherockies.com/wp

There are five main groups to choose from; Water-Cooled VW, Air-Cooled VW, Audi, Euro, and VWAG Other. In each you will find the classes for registration. Pick the class that your car fits into. There will be an area to fill out some info on your car. We will print these out and have them for you the day of the show. This way there is no need to have a pen and write it down when you can be spending that time putting the finishing touches on your detail!

If you register online; you will receive saving that you will not get at the door. For instance; register online for only $10.00. The cost will be $15.00 day of the show.

We also have some packages available when you register. This first is just to register your car for the show. If you want a 2013 event tee shirt, there will be an option for that as well, and the third package includes show registration, an event tee and a pilsner glass with the 2013 logo on it. There will be men’s and women’s tees to choose from.

Here is the break down for the costs when you pre-register!
Package option: (Pre-register only)
--> Show car only = $10.00
--> Show car + 2013 event tee = $25.00
--> Show car + 2013 event tee + 2013 event pilsner glass = $35.00

Shirts will be available in mens or ladies sizes in Small, Medium, Large, and XLarge. (2XLarge and 3XLarge are an additional $2.00)

Of course we will have additional 2013 event tee and pilsner glasses available day of the show. (Pricing will vary from the pre-register prices)

Day of the show:
--> Show car only = $15.00
--> DATR 2013 event tee = $27.00
--> DATR 2013 event pilsner glass = $12.00
--> DATR 2013 other items = T.B.D.

MAKE SURE YOU VISIT www.dubsalongtherockies.com/wp TO PRE-REGISTER YOU AND YOUR CAR!
*Once you pre-register; you will receive an email that you NEED to bring with you to show. This will allow you to skip the at the door line and enter the show display area faster!

So why not go to --> Dubs Along the Rockies (http://dubsalongtherockies.com/wp/) and get yourself registered!!!

Q: When does online registration end?
A: Online registration closes Wednesday July 31st at midnight.

Q: Will there be at the door registration?
A: Yes, for $15 per car.

Q: I am not showing, what is spectator cost?
A: FREE!!

Q: I am not showing, can I park my car within the show?
A: YES; for FREE! However, there are two restrictions. First, your car needs to fit within the show classes. Meaning it needs to be German/European. Second, you will need to stay within the show area until the end of the show. There is no mid show leaving allowed. (that goes for show cars as well)

Q: What is the refund policy?
A: All sales are final.

Q: Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
A: YES. The ticket sent to you by e-mail WILL be used at the event. You will use that ticket to enter the show parking area through special gates for Pre Registered Show Cars Only

Q: I forgot or lost my ticket, what do I do?
A: Similar to other ticketed events; it is your responsibility to print and bring your ticket or receipt. There will be no replacements. You will use this ticket two (2) times during the day: 1) to bypass the long Day of the Show Registration parking line 2) to receive your goodie bag and the additional item you may have purchased I.E.: Event Tee or Pilsner Glass

Q: Will alcohol be allowed at the show?
A: NO! This is a dry event because it is being hosted on public school grounds. Nothing illegal, no beer, alcohol, marijuana or other controlled or illegal substances allowed on site.

westco4k
06-15-2013, 09:01 PM
in! [:D]

auditd0rk
06-16-2013, 08:05 AM
Looks fun -- I'm there.

zachf88
06-16-2013, 09:17 AM
Would like to attend, but headed to Kauai on the 11th to get married!

AudiForeman
06-16-2013, 09:51 AM
Ill be there, but no drugs ?

SomeDayAS4
06-16-2013, 09:54 AM
ill be there hope they improved it from last year like they said they were doing.

not sure how i feel about this... im guessing cause of last year when everyone just decided to leave

Q: I am not showing, can I park my car within the show?
A: YES; for FREE! However, there are two restrictions. First, your car needs to fit within the show classes. Meaning it needs to be German/European. Second, you will need to stay within the show area until the end of the show. There is no mid show leaving allowed. (that goes for show cars as well)

A4B8ueg
06-16-2013, 10:59 AM
Ill be there just as long as work allows it.

100Daily
06-16-2013, 11:19 AM
ill be there hope they improved it from last year like they said they were doing.

What did they do last year? I know I won't be showing my car per their "we decide when you leave" policy.

http://mcurtin.com/wp-content/uploads//2011/02/Homeydontplay.gif

auditd0rk
06-16-2013, 11:29 AM
Would like to attend, but headed to Kauai on the 11th to get married!

Kauai beats out Parker.

If you have time, catamaran cruise along the Napali Coast can't be beat.

SomeDayAS4
06-16-2013, 01:07 PM
What did they do last year? I know I won't be showing my car per their "we decide when you leave" policy.

http://mcurtin.com/wp-content/uploads//2011/02/Homeydontplay.gif

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/501087-DATR-2012-Feedback-Thread

100Daily
06-16-2013, 03:21 PM
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/501087-DATR-2012-Feedback-Thread

Ahh, I vaguely remember this from last year. That JonBaker guy seemed to explain away everyones concerns, which doesn't give me a lot of hope for improvement this year. Parking is the real deal breaker for me. They are pretending to have the ability to "not allow" people to leave, which is an extremely naive idea. I would like to see how that worked out if someone decided they wanted to leave and were "not allowed" to do so. You can't trap people in a public place against their will. I am not sure the brightest and best thought this through.

Plus, I am getting the hella flush high school kid vibe. Thanks for the link, I will probably pass unless I am bored and their is an alternate good parking area.

SomeDayAS4
06-16-2013, 03:47 PM
There were alot of nice cars there, but you'll see people of all sorts(older folk, HS kids, clean cars, beat/shit cars). Ill probably register but if I dont feel like staying or theshow go to shit im just going to leave, ill move cones/have someone move them as i leave and put them back after i get through.

id come out hang around till you get bored then head out.

McGovs2.7TB5
06-17-2013, 09:25 AM
I get to register for free but am unsure I even want to after last year

philthyphil
06-17-2013, 10:11 AM
When you enter your car in real car shows you can't leave until it's over, that's just how it works. There are people walking around and it's a hazard to the spectators to have people driving around in the show area. It's 4 hours long, not a whole day.

When I did Hot Import Nights a few years ago, you had to have your car there the night before and couldn't remove it until the show was over the following evening.

SomeDayAS4
06-17-2013, 03:20 PM
When you enter your car in real car shows you can't leave until it's over, that's just how it works. There are people walking around and it's a hazard to the spectators to have people driving around in the show area. It's 4 hours long, not a whole day.

When I did Hot Import Nights a few years ago, you had to have your car there the night before and couldn't remove it until the show was over the following evening.

still 4 hrs can seem short if its an awesome show and every one is having a blast or dreadfully long

100Daily
06-17-2013, 03:59 PM

I guess that makes sense if you are showing your car. In my case, I don't want to be there for 4 hours. Is there alternate parking somewhere hopefully? I know its a big lot so I would hope so.

KidGT
06-17-2013, 05:47 PM

Yeah, but big shows like HIN, SEMA, etc. make you sign the contract and waiver, and those shows are for people who are putting up their dedicated show car, not their DD. I doubt Metrodubs (whose general intelligence level I won't even get into after a recent run-in with some of their members) makes you do that. Even if they did its a contract, fucking sue me. People leave shows like the CUSCC one early all the time without incidenct.

SomeDayAS4
06-17-2013, 05:51 PM
Yeah, but big shows like HIN, SEMA, etc. make you sign the contract and waiver, and those shows are for people who are putting up their dedicated show car, not their DD. I doubt Metrodubs (whose general intelligence level I won't even get into after a recent run-in with some of their members) makes you do that. Even if they did its a contract, fucking sue me. People leave shows like the CUSCC one early all the time without incidenct.

x2 me and my buddy both left CUSCC early the people working there moved cones and just let other cars takes our spots.

jjvwg
06-17-2013, 06:32 PM
I'm surprised they're putting show cars and non show cars together again. That was one of the biggest issues that people complained about after last years with all the cars that ended up not even getting judged.

lambo7
06-17-2013, 08:21 PM
There were alot of nice cars there, but you'll see people of all sorts(older folk, HS kids, clean cars, beat/shit cars). Ill probably register but if I dont feel like staying or theshow go to shit im just going to leave, ill move cones/have someone move them as i leave and put them back after i get through.

id come out hang around till you get bored then head out.

I'll bring some camping chairs and one of those shade thingies so if we do get stuck there we won't have to die in the heat haha

McGovs2.7TB5
06-18-2013, 05:28 AM
I'm surprised they're putting show cars and non show cars together again. That was one of the biggest issues that people complained about after last years with all the cars that ended up not even getting judged.

Fool me once...

Operator
06-18-2013, 06:25 AM
Eh, makes since to me, seems like people are making a big deal out of nothing. If you don't want to show, and want to leave whenever you want........ Don't park in the show....... Just like last year, and just about every show I've ever been too, there are parking areas outside the show. Park there, leave when you want. Why make things difficult, and park in the show if you don't think you'll stay for the whole thing, and then get upset after you already knew they wanted every car inside the show ropes to stay put. Again if its that big of a deal. Don't park in the show!?!

Richard
06-18-2013, 08:15 AM
Eh, makes since to me, seems like people are making a big deal out of nothing. If you don't want to show, and want to leave whenever you want........ Don't park in the show....... Just like last year, and just about every show I've ever been too, there are parking areas outside the show. Park there, leave when you want. Why make things difficult, and park in the show if you don't think you'll stay for the whole thing, and then get upset after you already knew they wanted every car inside the show ropes to stay put. Again if its that big of a deal. Don't park in the show!?!

I think the issue isnt showing vs not showing, but that people don't like the idea of having all the cars mixed in there adding to the confusion of judging (like last year) and overall organization of the field. Plus, there are others that are confused of why they should pay to show their car when they can 'show' for free without worrying about a trophy. It's just a mixed bag of emotions really. I am sure Baker will come in here and address it though.

DATRshow
06-18-2013, 08:39 AM
Hello all, sorry for the delay in responding. I thought I had “instant email” notifications turned on. I will try to address all your concerns as best I can.

I guess that makes sense if you are showing your car. In my case, I don't want to be there for 4 hours. Is there alternate parking somewhere hopefully? I know its a big lot so I would hope so.
Yes there will be a designated area for any car that wants to park and not park “in” the show. It will be marked and parking is FREE for that area as well.

There is a Waiver and Release of Liability that will be required to enter the show area; this is similar to Bandimere or other events. The reason for this is that the company that insures the Stadium and also the company that is insuring the show do not want cars driving around and potentially hitting spectators. Also, this will make sure the fire lanes are kept clear with the combination of lower insurance costs. Now, we are adding some events this year that will have cars moving around. Adding cars that just “want to leave” can cause issues, confusion or even accidents; and that is the last thing anyone wants!

From what we remember; it wasn’t the show and non show cars parked together. It was the fact that the Audi Avants were only pre judged. We are hiring judges this year. They will have back grounds in automobile appraisal and autobody. Some will be from auto repair shops, used car dealerships or even insurance adjusters. We have purchased software that will track all the cars that are registered, with the ability to enter all the scores from all the judges and from the spectators. We will be able to tell if a car has not been judged with a click of a button.

It is only a 4-ish hour show. Gates open at 11am for show cars, awards at 4pm. Shows like H2O, Waterfest, Wuste and other high profile show also do not allow cars in the show area to leave with out an emergency. However, if they even allow non show cars to park within the show, they charge for non show cars to park.

I think the issue isnt showing vs not showing, but that people don't like the idea of having all the cars mixed in there adding to the confusion of judging (like last year) and overall organization of the field. Plus, there are others that are confused of why they should pay to show their car when they can 'show' for free without worrying about a trophy. It's just a mixed bag of emotions really. I am sure Baker will come in here and address it though.

It is hard to please everyone, but we are trying to at least meet in the middle. More volunteers this year, better communication and more fun for everyone. Now, all of you have great concerns and we appreciate that. I wish half of you joined the planning committee.

We will schedule an open house meeting very soon. We will invite everyone to come and speak their concerns and we will address them as best as we can. We are open to all suggestions and just want to make the show better. We cannot do this without you and your support.

SomeDayAS4
06-18-2013, 10:41 AM
I'll bring some camping chairs and one of those shade thingies so if we do get stuck there we won't have to die in the heat haha

alright cool ill bring a cooler and stuff haha

ecko-mob
06-18-2013, 10:46 AM
I'll be there.

DATRshow
06-18-2013, 02:40 PM
Also, ;-)

That's why the show should be pre-register then you can gauge the parking and of course have spots open for day of registration.

The show is scheduled for Saturday August 10th, 2013 just south of Denver, Colorado at Sports Authority Stadium in Parker.

ONLINE REGISTRATION!!
www.dubsalongtherockies.com/wp

There are five main groups to choose from; Water-Cooled VW, Air-Cooled VW, Audi, Euro, and VWAG Other. In each you will find the classes for registration. Pick the class that your car fits into. There will be an area to fill out some info on your car. We will print these out and have them for you the day of the show. This way there is no need to have a pen and write it down when you can be spending that time putting the finishing touches on your detail!

If you register online; you will receive saving that you will not get at the door. For instance; register online for only $10.00. The cost will be $15.00 day of the show.

We also have some packages available when you register. This first is just to register your car for the show. If you want a 2013 event tee shirt, there will be an option for that as well, and the third package includes show registration, an event tee and a pilsner glass with the 2013 logo on it. There will be men’s and women’s tees to choose from.

Here is the break down for the costs when you pre-register!
Package option: (Pre-register only)
--> Show car only = $10.00
--> Show car + 2013 event tee = $25.00
--> Show car + 2013 event tee + 2013 event pilsner glass = $35.00

Shirts will be available in mens or ladies sizes in Small, Medium, Large, and XLarge. (2XLarge and 3XLarge are an additional $2.00)

Of course we will have additional 2013 event tee and pilsner glasses available day of the show. (Pricing will vary from the pre-register prices)

Day of the show:
--> Show car only = $15.00
--> DATR 2013 event tee = $27.00
--> DATR 2013 event pilsner glass = $12.00
--> DATR 2013 other items = T.B.D.

MAKE SURE YOU VISIT www.dubsalongtherockies.com/wp TO PRE-REGISTER YOU AND YOUR CAR!
*Once you pre-register; you will receive an email that you NEED to bring with you to show. This will allow you to skip the at the door line and enter the show display area faster!

Audi: (Best of Class and Runner Up)
4000/ 80/ 90 (incl Coupe)
B5 Audi A4/ S4
B6 Audi A4/ S4
B7 Audi A4/ S4/ RS4
B8 Audi A4/ S4/ RS4
Audi A5/ S5/ RS5
5000/ 100/ 200
Audi A6/ S6/ RS6 (all)
Audi TT (all)
Audi Other (A8/ S8/ R8/ A7)

VAG: (Best of Class and Runner Up)
Family Hauler (Tiguan, Touareg, Eurovan, Routan, Q5, Q7)

Fun Stuff for ALL Cars Entered
Best Engine
Best Paint
Best Patina
Best Interior
Best Display
Best Wheels
Furthest Drive (calculated from vehicle registration zip code)

DATRshow
06-21-2013, 05:05 PM
We are going to add a limbo contest to this year's Dubs Along the Rockies. Rules and details will be posted soon, but we just wanted to let you kow.

http://dubsalongtherockies.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/04e9672b1.jpg
*Source of picture unknown.

How low can you go???

http://dubsalongtherockies.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/airsoc_eurok12-9287.jpg

Greedo
06-22-2013, 07:34 PM
Will there be hookers and cocaine? I think children should learn the importance of both.

DATRshow
07-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Good news for everyone that is coming from out of town. The Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows is pleased to confirm that there will be a block of rooms held in reserve for Dubs Along the Rockies 2013. There will be discounted rates for anyone that uses the special link to reserve your room online. Reservations for DATR2013 can also be made by individual attendees by directly calling Marriott Reservations at 1-800-686-2767. Use the discount code DATR2013 at the time you make your reservation.
Now for the nitty gritty details;

GROUP ROOM RATES
Based upon DATR2013 total program requirements as outlined in this agreement, Hotel confirms the following group rates (net of all taxes):
Single room rates start at $99.00

*Hotel room rates are subject to applicable state and local taxes in effect at time of check-in. Should you require guest rooms on dates falling before or after the designated room commitment the contracted rate will be offered based upon availability.

RESERVATIONS
Reservations for the event made by individual attendees can be made directly with Marriott Reservations at 1-800-686-2767.
*It is understood that all attendees will be responsible for the payment of all of their charges. Dubs Along the Rockies will not be held responsible for any charges accrued by guests of the Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows

GUARANTEED RESERVATIONS
All reservations must be accompanied by a first night room deposit or guaranteed with a major credit card. Hotel will not hold any reservations unless secured by one of the above methods.

CUT-OFF DATE
Reservations by attendees must be received on or before Monday, July 22, 2013. At this Cut-Off Date, Hotel will review the reservation pick-up for the Event, release the unreserved rooms for general sale, and determine whether or not to accept reservations based on a space- and rate-available basis at the Dubs Along the Rockies group rate after this date.

RESERVATION LINK
Reservations can be made by following this provided link;
**reserved for link**

DENVER MARRIOTT SOUTH at PARK MEADOWS ADDRESS & MAP
The Denver Marriott South (http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/denms-denver-marriott-south-at-park-meadows/) is located at 10345 Park Meadows Drive, Littleton, CO 80124.
http://dubsalongtherockies.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/DATR-Marriott-map.png

BOOK NOW!!!

DUBS ALONG THE ROCKIES

•*Check-in: Fri Aug 09, 2013
•*Check-out: Sun Aug 11, 2013
•*Special rate available until: Mon Jul 22, 2013

http://www.marriott.com/Images/Brands/MHR/Logos/MHR_logowhitefield_120x60.gif
Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows

1 king or 2 doubles $99.00 per night
Book 1 king or 2 doubles at Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows for $99.00 per night (http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/denms?groupCode=mdbmdba&app=resvlink&fromDate=8/9/13&toDate=8/11/13&stop_mobi=yes)

DATRshow
07-29-2013, 02:00 PM
If you have not heard by now, Colorado Bug In presented by NuVintage has been rescheduled due to rain. The new date is now August 11th. Yes that is the day after Dubs Along the Rockies. There is some good in this; we now have 2 shows in one weekend. The bad; well is there? I think this could be the best thing for both shows.

So, with that said, we have been working with some of the businesses in the Air-Cooled genre to increase that aspect of our show. As a result, we have added a swap meet area, another food vendor and we are working a few Air-Cooled shops to bring the show even more judges.

Finally, the discounted Marriott room block has been fully reserved!!! AWESOME! Now that there are two shows in the same weekend; we can most likely get another block set up. Let us know if you are interested, and we will get the ball rolling on that again.

Limbo contest, more cars, more food, more sponsors, more vendors... what else do you want?????

Operator
08-01-2013, 08:49 PM
Registered, now I'll just have to get the car down there....

papadelogan
08-04-2013, 12:07 AM
Registered, now I'll just have to get the car down there....

I may have to make the trip down there just so we can meet before you take off.

Hope the weather tonight didn't affect you & yours.

westco4k
08-04-2013, 10:20 AM
I'll be there. I feel like I can relate to the judging issues, arriving late at wuste this year made it seem like my car was barely seen. then again the "peoples choice" voting structure at that show seems like an easy way for people to cheat the system. glad you guys are having real judging, sounds like all the issues from last year have been addressed. as far as the leaving issue, any large show I have ever attended was the same way, once you are parked your parked. not sure why people are making a mountain out of this. It's 4 hrs. . . wooo. If you can't handle being in one place for that long don't go. simple.

looking forward to this one.

Greedo
08-04-2013, 10:47 AM
I'm out of town for a wedding.

No hookers and cocaine for me. Well, at this event at least.

TimTaylor
08-04-2013, 01:00 PM
I'll be there, finally a show close to me.

SomeDayAS4
08-04-2013, 09:20 PM
shall be there for sure.

seal66
08-05-2013, 04:18 PM
Out of town for work. Again missing it.

100Daily
08-05-2013, 04:50 PM
I won't be going either.

I was driving by that stadium the other night with my wife and I told her that I was thinking about going. She then said, "Oh you can take the baby and walk around". My wife just went back to work from having a baby, and I forgot that I was on baby duty this weekend and EVERY weekend, and now hard reality is setting in.

I can't be lugging a baby around some car show and changing a shit filled diaper or whatever other unforeseen bio hazard awaits. Its just no longer worth it. I am officially old, so it looks like no more weekend cruises or car shows for me for many years.

(Thank god open lapping at HPR is during the week when my wife has the baby)

flyingfish2626
08-05-2013, 06:23 PM
I will be there. Lets hope for some sun.

jimrobbington
08-05-2013, 06:56 PM
So, um, what time is this thing supposed to kick off?

SomeDayAS4
08-05-2013, 08:03 PM
poster says noon to 4pm

Satummoo
08-06-2013, 07:57 PM
I should try to make this, I never get out to any shows/meets

DATRshow
08-08-2013, 10:24 AM
Yes, we are excited to announce that Berg Performance, Vehicle Vault, Split Window Syndicate, and SCR Performance will have representatives #DATR2013 to judge the show cars.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1151044_390189871082356_1285080750_n.jpghttps://sphotos-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1098105_389354874499189_2033124051_n.jpg https://sphotos-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/995933_389351911166152_445302959_n.jpghttp://www.scrperformance.com/images/logo.gif

On your window/registration card, you will have a perforated area that will be used for the People's Choice Award. Just have to write down two car's registration number in the box. We will be using "Best In Show" program to tally all the votes; both from the judges and from the participants.

Also, check out our Facebook page to get info on the 2 caravans to the show... once from the Springs and one from the Park Meadows Cars & Coffee location.

Show is from 12 noon to about 4pm. Gate open at 11am.

Because this is school grounds, it is a dry event. Coolers are subject to inspection. No alcohol will be permitted. no exceptions.
However, we will have food vendors; Orange Crunch, Aloha Shaved Ice, and Up In Smoke BBQ. Oh and the facility bathrooms will be open for us to use.

AudiForeman
08-10-2013, 07:04 PM
B5 class was fixxed

boostedAvant
08-10-2013, 07:05 PM
B5 class was fixxed

What happened?

SomeDayAS4
08-10-2013, 07:22 PM
Laser red b5 with the matching box was so sick!!! i dont know who one i was there for 30-45min at the end....

mmayhem
08-10-2013, 07:23 PM
What happened?

Get Mike (mcgovs) to give his opinion on what happened with the b5 class

boostedAvant
08-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Laser red b5 with the matching box was so sick!!! i dont know who one i was there for 30-45min at the end....

Did I see you rolling in at the end when I was leaving?

Will do.

SomeDayAS4
08-10-2013, 07:59 PM
Did I see you rolling in at the end when I was leaving?

Maybe?! we havent met and im not sure what your car looks like haha. (besides atlas avant)

AudiForeman
08-10-2013, 09:06 PM

That was me. I don't see how a stock suspension b5 beat a fully built, Tial 605 489 hp 523 tq b5 that has everything done to it. Minus a couple dings and a crack in his bumper lol. Every b5 there was beautiful but I was disappointed in the outcome. Mad props to the winners, I guess the judges saw things different.

CorneliusRox
08-10-2013, 09:08 PM
Only took 1.5 hours after they said to have the results... LAME!

Glad I got to catch up with David before his trek! Congrats on the win man!

AudiForeman
08-10-2013, 09:09 PM

Apparently a car got entered twice/ counted twice or something and seems to me they randomly chose two cars.

Greedo
08-10-2013, 09:13 PM
The judging at their shows is a joke. If you aren't affiliated with a shop, you won't win regardless of how nice your car is.

mmayhem
08-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Apparently a car got entered twice/ counted twice or something and seems to me they randomly chose two cars.

Yes human error on the score entry affected things but I doubt they randomly chose two cars. As you said the judges saw something in those cars that put them ahead if yours.

For me the judging aspect this year was far better than last year as they actually had people who knew what they were looking at doing the judging. Whereas in years part they relied on volunteers who might have no clue whether they were looking at a b5 or b8 doing the judging.

AudiForeman
08-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Very true

SomeDayAS4
08-10-2013, 09:26 PM
what b5s won?? I think AudiForeman had the best looking b5 red and gold was awesome, and mcgovs avant is so much cleaner with the new bumper, also still love the mango wb s4 haha. Noggy and imola looked good also but the noggy was stock height and im not the biggest fan of rs4 front on narrow body car...

did the cloud 6/dapper car win something.

CorneliusRox
08-10-2013, 09:31 PM
The judging at their shows is a joke. If you aren't affiliated with a shop, you won't win regardless of how nice your car is.

That's why I dont participate. To each their own, but I didnt see many cars there that I liked.

AudiForeman
08-10-2013, 09:31 PM
The imola and noggy won. Not sure who got 1st and 2nd but it was them. Imola was sweet but it was a respray and not true imola. The under hood paint didn't match the exterior. Still seemed like a strong stage 3 car whith beautiful wheels.

Thanks for the complement, I appreciate it :)

SomeDayAS4
08-10-2013, 09:51 PM
hmm.... I dont even remember what they had for wheels i just over looked them since i didnt see any thing interesting besides the bumpers. Now i want an imola roof box haha.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3775/9481625987_9709d7b5d3_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7368/9481648161_bfb6153f1f_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7289/9484382960_7672744bbc_b.jpg

SomeDayAS4
08-10-2013, 09:55 PM
only took a hand full pics since i got there late and itd been a long morning struggling to get my imola there....

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2881/9484453904_c875573b0d_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tello_project/9484453904/)
untitled-24.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tello_project/9484453904/) by Nathan Tello (http://www.flickr.com/people/tello_project/), on Flickr

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3668/9481621473_b2b4782ba0_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tello_project/9481621473/)
untitled-10.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tello_project/9481621473/) by Nathan Tello (http://www.flickr.com/people/tello_project/), on Flickr

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3769/9484404326_37a7e9dd96_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tello_project/9484404326/)
untitled-6.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tello_project/9484404326/) by Nathan Tello (http://www.flickr.com/people/tello_project/), on Flickr

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3829/9484387288_b71b862654_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tello_project/9484387288/)
untitled-3.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tello_project/9484387288/) by Nathan Tello (http://www.flickr.com/people/tello_project/), on Flickr

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2869/9484408568_0e8c9d12d1_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tello_project/9484408568/)
untitled-9.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tello_project/9484408568/) by Nathan Tello (http://www.flickr.com/people/tello_project/), on Flickr

hollywoodvr6
08-11-2013, 07:12 AM
B5 class was fixxed

Thats how it was last year. Sorry. :/ I think your car is beautiful, personally.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

AudiForeman
08-11-2013, 07:17 AM
Thanks Hollywood :)

100Daily
08-11-2013, 07:24 AM
That old BMW belongs to a neighborhood kid around me.

SomeDayAS4
08-11-2013, 07:43 AM
He's a good Friend of mine.

boostedAvant
08-11-2013, 09:05 AM
Maybe?! we havent met and im not sure what your car looks like haha. (besides atlas avant)

I waved to you as I was pulling out of the parking lot, I think?

Only took 1.5 hours after they said to have the results... LAME!

What a joke, They should have judged earlier and done the counting while people were watching the limbo, that's way too long to sit and stand around to wait for your numbers.

SomeDayAS4
08-11-2013, 09:22 AM
I waved to you as I was pulling out of the parking lot, I think?

What a joke, They should have judged earlier and done the counting while people were watching the limbo, that's way too long to sit and stand around to wait for your numbers.
i was pulling into the parking lot as a santorin and silver s4 were leaving. I was in a tan/gold b5 with a roofbars and a bike tray. had my hids on...

boostedAvant
08-11-2013, 09:24 AM
i was pulling into the parking lot as a santorin and silver s4 were leaving. I was in a tan/gold b5 with a roofbars and a bike tray. had my hids on...

Interesting, I was making a left at the road and someone came around the corner in a tan/gold B5, I assumed it was you haha.

McGovs2.7TB5
08-11-2013, 09:31 AM
Both B5s that won were very nice cars. The noggy that won had RPF1s and is sgt3, and the imola that got runner up had 710s and I believe stg3 too, worthy enough I guess. But I remember specifically standing there with Jace and seeing the noggy rolling at like 3. Judging cars that came in way after they said registration was (supposed to be) closed added a bunch of time I think. I really felt Carters and Chucks B5s were 1-2 with both making a case for 1, both being the most unique of the bunch. There was a large amount of B5s, more than I've ever seen at DATR. Weird how there is always issues in that class.

Overall it was a good show, it is what people make it. If you hate before you head out then yeah it will suck. I made the best of it and enjoyed talking to those I chatted with. More food and maybe some autox or drags would make really make shine. I'll continue to come out, Audis really only have a couple chances a Summer to show.

SomeDayAS4
08-11-2013, 09:36 AM
Interesting, I was making a left at the road and someone came around the corner in a tan/gold B5, I assumed it was you haha.

was there i slammed miata right behind you?

jimrobbington
08-11-2013, 09:59 AM
So that yellow s4 won, with a cracked carbon hood, and side skirts so big the door rubs the paint off it when you open and close the door?

SomeDayAS4
08-11-2013, 10:32 AM
So that yellow s4 won, with a cracked carbon hood, and side skirts so big the door rubs the paint off it when you open and close the door?

no, it was the narrow body imola yellow with the rs4 front and new paint. I would of loved for the WB s4 to win its WIDEBODY...even with its defects looks great.

boostedAvant
08-11-2013, 04:38 PM
was there i slammed miata right behind you?

Yeah, I think so. With the bike hanging out of the trunk and 1/8th of a paint job?

SomeDayAS4
08-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Yeah, I think so. With the bike hanging out of the trunk and 1/8th of a paint job?

yup yup guess that was you haha

DATRshow
08-11-2013, 10:12 PM

Thats how it was last year. Sorry. :/ I think your car is beautiful, personally.

IWhat a joke, They should have judged earlier and done the counting while people were watching the limbo, that's way too long to sit and stand around to wait for your numbers.
After the mishap last year, we wanted to make it up and get things right for 2013. We purchased a program from Best In Show that allowed us to enter in all the scores. http://www.carshowsoftware.com/ The program would then calculate the top cars in each class. It was the first time DATR was using this software. Combined with having 5 judges from companies like Berg Performance, SCR Performance, Vehicle Vault, and Split Window Syndicate each completing a score sheet for every car at the show.. there were 500 score sheets that needed to be entered into the spread sheet; 3-5 sheets per car. Yeah.. we made sure that every car that was registered had a minimum 3 score cards.

now.. here was one of the problems.. each judge was bringing up their score cards and we put them in a pile.. they kinda ll got mixed up if you will .. in stead of having 3 or 5 of a kind all in one short stack.. it was like playing 52 pickup. So I would enter the car number and the scores.. go to the next several cars, enter their scores and then i'd get to a car that had one more score card. so i tried to search for the car number, i missed a couple of them. So the car basically was entered twice.. thus giving it a runner up and winner spot. I had to go back through the spreadsheet and find the duplicate car and combine the scores and then recalculate the winners.. I wanted to make sure we had it right, so i skipped them and came back after we awarded the rest of the trophies.

As far as how the judges scored the cars, well, we used the same score cards from 2012, just changed the title to 2013.. that info on how and what was judged can be found here; http://dubsalongtherockies.com/wp/schedule/voting it is possible that some of the scores for any car there were scored at zero if the cars did not have a display, the hoods or trunk wasnt open, or if the owner wasnt there to discuss the car to the 5 judges that were scoring the car. If you will notice, there is only an area for the car number, the scores and a small area for notes. No car info, shop info, owner info... they were not judging that, they were judging the cars.

As far as judges go; we offered almost EVERY shop in Colorado the chance to be a judge. Some responded well, BERG and SCR for instance. Some didnt respond, or point blank said "Thank you for the offer, but neither myself nor ****** ****** is interested in participating or showing support with Dubs Along The Rockies." And that is their choice. The shops tha tdid help, bent over backwards and were grouped with 2 or 3 other people form other shops. BERG and SCR teamed up and those 5 walked the show, scoring more than half of the cars. Vehicle Vault and SWS started on the other end of the show and scored the rest of the cars. There were instructed to score every car, whether it looked like it just rolled over or rolled off the showroom floor. There were also instructed to talk about the car with the group, but i wanted a minimum of 3 cards max of 5 for each car.

It worked great... until I sat down and started to enter all 500 score cards. It took WAY too long... I completely under estimated the amount of time it would take to enter 500 scores, and to do it without error... well.. out of 30 classes.. we messed up 2... That is a 6% error... The US Presidential election had a larger margin of error... But we fixed our error and awarded the trophies to the convertible beetle and the B5 Audi.

We are already looking at bringing in 2 more computers and running the scoring program on each computer. Bringing in more judges will help too, it will shorten the time the judges are out in the show, the faster they get back, the faster we can enter the scores. We are going to have judge captains, they will take all of the score cards for that car and collect them into one small stack and turn them in.. as 3, 4 or 5 of a kind... It wasnt perfect this year, but come one... look at the positive... professional judges, software, every car was scored... on and on... ;-)

2014 wont be perfect either.. but in one year, we significantly improved the way the show was ran, cars were scored and heck.. even the location of the show was better!!

Both B5s that won were very nice cars. The noggy that won had RPF1s and is sgt3, and the imola that got runner up had 710s and I believe stg3 too, worthy enough I guess. But I remember specifically standing there with Jace and seeing the noggy rolling at like 3. Judging cars that came in way after they said registration was (supposed to be) closed added a bunch of time I think. I really felt Carters and Chucks B5s were 1-2 with both making a case for 1, both being the most unique of the bunch. There was a large amount of B5s, more than I've ever seen at DATR. Weird how there is always issues in that class.

Overall it was a good show, it is what people make it. If you hate before you head out then yeah it will suck. I made the best of it and enjoyed talking to those I chatted with. More food and maybe some autox or drags would make really make shine. I'll continue to come out, Audis really only have a couple chances a Summer to show.
We had 2 of our food vendors cancel on us.. the first was Orange Crunch.. the owner had a family emergency and had no choice but to tend to the issue.. and we wish them the best. The second was Aloha Shaved ice... It seems that at 6:04 a.m. the morning of the show.. they decided that the show wasn't going to be big enough for them... so they backed out 4 hours before the gates opened.

We'd love to bring back autoX; but there were a couple of issues with that.. the first is that it will double the cost of insurance.. not to mention finding a venue... yet again... that will allow that to happen on their property.. not as easy as it seems.. Second... in the last 3 or so years that DATR had the AutoX.. only 3 or 4 Euro cars entered? the rest were Miatas, Mustangs and other makes.. meaning there was not enough participation from the VW & Audi enthusiasts to keep it going.. Finally, it cost DATR more money than it made...

Now, i am sure there are some great ideas out there.. Last year we asked people that wanted to help to join the planning committee... we will do it again this year. we are open to suggestions; and we listened to the biggest complaints about 2012... we got judges that knew what they were looking at and for..

If you have any questions or comments.. post them here or PM with them. I will personally answer each one..

Thank you.
Jon Baker
President, Dubs Along the Rockies.

AudiForeman
08-12-2013, 09:16 AM
great show I had lots of fun, taking pics, talking with people and looking at some beautiful cars. only two suggestions would be parking by class, even being judged or not, should make judging a lot easier. also once the judges are done, the paperwork should be turned into separate folders by class and then entered into the computer versus on heaping pile. Might help in the long run. otherwise hreat location, great food, beautiful beautiful cars, most people were cool and very nice. I cant wait until the next show.

papadelogan
08-12-2013, 01:36 PM
I never show (mine's a "working class Audi"... hahaha) but hopefully I can make the next one. Something north of Denver would be nice, so I don't have a minimum 1hr drive to get there.

SilverEsFo
08-12-2013, 02:08 PM
I went but showed up around 2:30. The showing wasn't bad. It was so dang hot though haha! So only stayed for a bit then left. Had 2 girls with me. They couldn't take the heat. I was the Silver B5 S4 Parked a long the street.

SomeDayAS4
08-12-2013, 03:07 PM
I went but showed up around 2:30. The showing wasn't bad. It was so dang hot though haha! So only stayed for a bit then left. Had 2 girls with me. They couldn't take the heat. I was the Silver B5 S4 Parked a long the street.

think you were leaving as i was arriving..

mmayhem
08-12-2013, 06:28 PM
Just came across this image from the show:
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c151/methodicalmayhem/DATR2013-112.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/methodicalmayhem/media/DATR2013-112.jpg.html)

The rest of them can be found at www.gasmaskmedia.com/datr2013

McGovs2.7TB5
08-13-2013, 06:06 AM
ouch, mine not even in the background of any of those pics.

SilverEsFo
08-13-2013, 10:49 AM
think you were leaving as i was arriving..

Wow. You got there really late then.

SomeDayAS4
08-13-2013, 10:50 AM
Wow. You got there really late then.

like 310?? haha
it was a crazy morning.

SilverEsFo
08-13-2013, 12:02 PM
Ha, Yea no kidding!!

SomeDayAS4
08-13-2013, 12:07 PM
motor was out the day before was dropped back in at 2am, 6am exhaust was put on 12pm car was buttoned up and ready to go went to start and got no crank and no start... (imola s4 so i brought the a4)

SilverEsFo
08-13-2013, 12:14 PM
you win!!
I'm hoping i dont have to do that for another year or so.