PDA

View Full Version : Alarm issue, not motion sensor related

shinamura
06-13-2013, 05:25 PM
I know all about the entire motion sensor/cracked windows issue thing, and this isn't it. It also isn't the hood sensor, because I have unplugged that. Sometimes the alarm will go off when the car is armed, but no horn sounds, just the lights flashing. Obviously this is a problem because then no one in the house can hear that the alarm is going off , and by morning, my battery is shot, and I'm late for work because I have to jump the damn thing. Windows are closed so the motion sensor isn't the issue, and the hood is definitely closed as well. I am trying to fix all the issues on this car, and this one is by far the biggest issue currently. Anyone know what this could be?

Dallas09
06-17-2013, 02:18 PM
Trunk could be flooding where the central locking pump is.. I had this issue. Else you will need a VAG COM to see which sensor is triggering the alarm.

Mark916
08-29-2013, 08:56 AM
Shinamura, did you ever figure out your alarm issue? I'm currently experiencing the same issue with my car, same symptoms as you. I've also noticed my turn signals sometimes don't blink when at a stop light or turning, I have to click back up and then left or right to get them to work. But I think that issue is unrelated to the alarm.

disturbed_audi
08-29-2013, 08:28 PM
my alarm horn was coded out but I believe that is only when you arm it.. now that I think about it I never heard the horn when I left it coded out until I coded it back in..

Mark916
08-30-2013, 05:52 PM
When you indicate coded out? you mean this is done through the OBD tool scanner, or because your running a ECU upgrade

my alarm horn was coded out but I believe that is only when you arm it.. now that I think about it I never heard the horn when I left it coded out until I coded it back in..

disturbed_audi
08-30-2013, 11:27 PM
When you indicate coded out? you mean this is done through the OBD tool scanner, or because your running a ECU upgrade
soft coding thru vag com (obd 2 cable) do you have a vag com?

Stranger
08-31-2013, 07:50 PM
My car went full retard when my central pump was on it's way out. Hazard lights would flash alll night, interior lights went beserk etc. Try a known good pump before anything else. When mine fully quit everything went out and i couldn't even put gas in the car .

You can also turn down the alarm sensitivity in vagcom.

Mark916
09-06-2013, 08:33 PM
I have a OBD Bluetooth reader that I use with the Android App Torque, but I don't think I can do any software mods with the App, just lookup CEL codes and turn off the CEL light if needed.

soft coding thru vag com (obd 2 cable) do you have a vag com?

disturbed_audi
09-06-2013, 09:11 PM
yeah not sure whats all the options with torque. if it don't work get $6 ebay cable and free vagcom software. you pay more for shipping then any parts.