PDA

View Full Version : Rear Bose Speakers Wired Together

AudiTurbo
06-12-2013, 06:15 AM
So, I recently installed new speakers (infinity 6032Cf - 2ohm) and I noticed that the two speakers were wired to each other and then spliced into a white wire going to the amp. DO I need to keep this, or could this be someone else before me wiring up a system? Also, has anyone else used the infinity's I'm talking about?
Thanks

walky_talky20
06-12-2013, 06:17 AM
Hmm. Not sure. Pics?

AudiTurbo
06-12-2013, 06:23 AM
I just noticed that the two rear speakers (bose) were linked together and the ran to a wire on the amp and then to some weird box under the seat.

walky_talky20
06-12-2013, 06:40 AM
Weird box, you say? How weird of a box are we talking, exactly? Does it have 5 sides instead of 6? Is it fluorescent orange and dripping green slime? Are there Egyptian hieroglyphics inscribed on the side? Does it possess anti-gravity properties?

AudiTurbo
06-12-2013, 07:15 AM
Weird box, you say? How weird of a box are we talking, exactly? Does it have 5 sides instead of 6? Is it fluorescent orange and dripping green slime? Are there Egyptian hieroglyphics inscribed on the side? Does it possess anti-gravity properties?
HAHA how did you know?
Did the pictures work?

walky_talky20
06-12-2013, 07:16 AM
Nope. I don't see any photos.

AudiTurbo
06-12-2013, 07:44 AM
http://i.imgur.com/s5Whbmk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/seaNbG5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DWB4GPB.jpg

walky_talky20
06-12-2013, 08:44 AM
Oh, gotcha.

Rundown of what is going on "all up in there":

- White wire at amplifier is the turn-on "remote" trigger signal from the Radio in the dashboard. That is tapped so it would also trigger the added amplifier for the "System" that has apparently been ripped out.
- Wires at the rear speaker are tapped to steal the audio signal to supply the aforementioned "System" with tunes.
- The "weird box" is known as a "Line Out Converter" (aka: LOC, Hi/Lo Converter, etc). It takes the amplified (speaker level) signal and turns it into a Line Level signal suitable for the RCA input jacks on the amplifier, powering the aforementioned "System" (which was probably sold on Craigslist some time ago and now lives in the disgusting trunk of a Cobalt).
- This wiring would be adequate (although perhaps not ideal) to provide audio signal to 1-channel amplifier, powering a subwoofer or 2 inside of their own box in the trunk for example. That was most likely the exact purpose of these modifications.

You can unplug those wires and remove the converter if you like. You can leave the wire taps on the wires in case you want to do something similar later.

AudiTurbo
06-12-2013, 08:54 AM
I just want to get it back to stock wiring. I just replaced my factory rear bose with the infinity 6032cf (which I believe matching up well with the 2 ohm). had to space the grills out cause they were hitting the twitter! Know anyone who has these installed?

walky_talky20
06-12-2013, 09:07 AM
Tell those speakers that there is no social networking while at work. No hitting the twitter OR the facebook. Zero tolerance.

AudiTurbo
06-12-2013, 10:50 AM
Haha thanks