PDA

View Full Version : 2.7t swap into a B6 3.0l cabriolet

Vbzatty
06-10-2013, 10:01 AM
So the swap has begun! I won a very nice A4 Cabriolet (sport seats, suspension, loaded with 75k miles) with tiptronic. It had a light hit to the front which I have already repaired. I have now decided to take it to the next step and drop in a 2.7t. I have the 2.7t on an engine stand in my garage. I am going Stage 3 (K04, injectors, tune, fpr, fmic). I will upgrade the torque converter and beef up the trans, but will not be converting to a 6spd (my son will drive this car also and he can't use a stick since he's handicapped).

Mechanically the swap is straight forward and I anticipate no problems. I am trying to decide though whether I should:

1) use the 2.7t heads and harness and splice it into the body harness,
2) use the 3.0l heads, maintain the 3.0l harness and get a custom tune.

Any pros/cons of either setup? I am not looking forward to the wiring of Option #1, but I know several ppl on here have done it. Option #2 would be so much easier, but I am sure it to will come with a few issues. However, Option #2 issues will be on me to figure out since no one has done this before (to my knowledge).

Colby

sandspeed
06-13-2013, 04:47 AM
Have you posted in the B6 section? There are several of these swaps completed or in work and documented there. Plus most of the guys don't really frequent this section much.

AudiA4_20T
06-13-2013, 12:27 PM
Hi Colby, do option #1. You might have some issues with the auto trans since it's intertwined with the ECU