PDA

View Full Version : Eurodyne vs United Motorsports 630cc

A1 A2 German
06-01-2013, 09:00 PM
As I have a Unitronics 440cc file and runs fantastic, I wanted to stay with them and grab the Unitronics 630cc file.

However I have an chance to grab a Eurodyne 630cc or UM 630cc file.

Apples and apples doesn't matter, or apples and oranges one's preferred?

zandrew
06-01-2013, 10:09 PM
I have the entire Eurodyne kit. The tech support is not the best but the product itself is awesome. You can solve the tech issue here though. I'd go maestro since you get multiple tunes and a bunch of options if it's in your budget.

M-Hood
06-02-2013, 04:01 PM
As I have a Unitronics 440cc file and runs fantastic, I wanted to stay with them and grab the Unitronics 630cc file.

However I have an chance to grab a Eurodyne 630cc or UM 630cc file.

Apples and apples doesn't matter, or apples and oranges one's preferred?

Is it a Eurodyne Maestro 630cc tune or a old Ctapp tune?

zandrew
06-02-2013, 04:17 PM
Mike they are supposed to be no difference unless the Maestro tune has been edited.

A1 A2 German
06-02-2013, 06:49 PM
Ctapp using 3 bar fpr.

Seerlah
06-02-2013, 07:26 PM
I am running the GT2871R 630cc 3 bar MAFless Eurodyne OTS tune which is supposed to be the ME7 Suite base file. Great tune. And with that being said, going to upgrade to the Suite pretty soon.

M-Hood
06-02-2013, 07:56 PM
Mike they are supposed to be no difference unless the Maestro tune has been edited.

The older CTapp tunes are no longer supported by Eurodyne.

A1 A2 German
06-02-2013, 08:03 PM
The older CTapp tunes are no longer supported by Eurodyne.

Any reason I'd need support, and or, wouldn't this be nothing more the plug n play nothing to really do with anyone after the fact of installing it?

Is it 630cc+ files require tweeking (support)?

zandrew
06-02-2013, 08:09 PM
I had the option to buy a Ctapp 630 for my AEB when I was interested and asked Eurodyne and they remarked that the old OTS are the same as the tunes that come with Maestro.

I am running the 630 AEB file now and have not touched it and am pleased with it but it is a bit rich but I guess that is better then lean...

Seerlah
06-02-2013, 08:11 PM
Eurodyne no longer deals with OTS tunes, only the Tuning Suite. All of his dealers handle the OTS aspect of his business now.

http://www.eurodyne.ca/eurodyne_dealers.php

I had the option to buy a Ctapp 630 for my AEB when I was interested and asked Eurodyne and they remarked that the old OTS are the same as the tunes that come with Maestro.

I am running the 630 AEB file now and have not touched it and am pleased with it but it is a bit rich but I guess that is better then lean...

Mine also runs slightly rich (14.3:1 idle), but I think he did that on purpose to maybe assist in someone not blowing their engine. Taking a guess. Both my LC-1 and AEM Uego read the same values.

M-Hood
06-02-2013, 08:28 PM

But the old tunes can't be used with the Maestro product, this is why plenty of A4 owners that were running CTapp tunes were told they would have to pay full retail if they wanted to change to the Maestro tune. They were also told if they had any issues that they would get no support from Eurodyne with those problems, which is why I said there is no more support from Eurodyne if he has a Ctapp tune.

A1 A2 German
06-02-2013, 09:04 PM
Eurodyne 630cc Ctapp Maestro OTS ME7 Suite.....? Lol, what is all that?

5 different versions of a Eurodyne 630cc file, sub categories?

Sorry, I'm seeing 205/40/16/54/68/54 Tire lol, I'm not understanding the ~6 different other, functions?, in the name.

zandrew
06-02-2013, 09:07 PM
Yeah I get what you are saying Mike. I figured that the OTS tune would be different and thought they would have built more safety into the Maestro tunes in the suite so idiots like me would not blow their car up. Since you can not edit the OTS tunes I figured it would be more optmized since idiots like me can not edit it but I was wrong.

Even if the Ctapp630 or Uni 440 was $400 I would pony up the other $400 and go with full Maestro suite. It has a lot more options that more then justify the extra $400 it will cost to buy it. My personal opinion is if you are buying the setups new Maestro has best value per dollar. With it you upgrade to bigger turbo and injectors you can load the next tune up where as the OTS tunes you have to upgrade or buy a completely new tune.

I shopped prices and only bought when I came across steals. I have put my setup together on a strict budget but the only part I did not cheap on was the Maestro suite since I knew ultimately it will take me further for less and allow multiple options that a OTS tune can not cover. I also noticed used setups held their value.

zandrew
06-02-2013, 09:15 PM
EUrodyne is who markets Maestro.

630 is injector size for the file.

Ctapp is what the OTS tunes were called.

OTS stands for Off the shelf.

Maestro is tuning suite that is now offered from Eurodne.

ME7 is the Bosch ECU config which is suppored but the Maestro also supports ME5.

Ctapp is for Chris Tapp which if I am correct wrote the tunes. Later on he came out with Maestro tuning sutie and loaded all his tunes into one package tht you buy. With the package for my car which is AEB drive by cable I get 4 sperate tunes.It has K03 tune (stage 1) stock injectors, 440 tun for K04 and T25-GT28 turbos, big turbo 630 injector file, big ass turbo 870 injector file. You can also edit the tunes and run diagostic with it.

This should help explain. Sorry if I confused you.

http://www.eurodyne.ca/eurodyne_maestro_tuning_suite.php

Basiclly if you buy Maestro and you are running a K04 now. You can load the K04 tune and run it and edit it like boost, AFR, timing, etc. Later you decide to build the motor you can reflash it yourself with the 630 file or 870 file. As long as you never change your ECU there is no additional cost. Buy it once and your done.

Avant Nate
06-03-2013, 10:04 PM
EUrodyne is who markets Maestro.

630 is injector size for the file.

Ctapp is what the OTS tunes were called.

OTS stands for Off the shelf.

Maestro is tuning suite that is now offered from Eurodne.

ME7 is the Bosch ECU config which is suppored but the Maestro also supports ME5.

Ctapp is for Chris Tapp which if I am correct wrote the tunes. Later on he came out with Maestro tuning sutie and loaded all his tunes into one package tht you buy. With the package for my car which is AEB drive by cable I get 4 sperate tunes.It has K03 tune (stage 1) stock injectors, 440 tun for K04 and T25-GT28 turbos, big turbo 630 injector file, big ass turbo 870 injector file. You can also edit the tunes and run diagostic with it.

This should help explain. Sorry if I confused you.

http://www.eurodyne.ca/eurodyne_maestro_tuning_suite.php

Basiclly if you buy Maestro and you are running a K04 now. You can load the K04 tune and run it and edit it like boost, AFR, timing, etc. Later you decide to build the motor you can reflash it yourself with the 630 file or 870 file. As long as you never change your ECU there is no additional cost. Buy it once and your done.

I think he is aware of all that. It's the redundancy of Eurodyne ctapp and ots maestro. It's like saying I have a Unitronic uni tune