PDA

View Full Version : Damn CO!

Taint Fair
05-15-2013, 09:03 AM
Driving to work this morning on I-25 Northbound and a piece of the Filmore bridge fell off and dented/scratched my hood and windshield. I thought it was going to come through the windshield. I called CSP and they told me that CDOT would be responsible. I bet I never see a dime for the repairs. Needless to say, not a happy morning.

A4B8ueg
05-15-2013, 09:21 AM
WTF? That's crazy! Sorry to hear that happened to you. [headbang]

auditd0rk
05-15-2013, 09:38 AM
Sorry to hear that.

If you're looking for a preferred glass shop, I just spoke with Mike @ Phil Long and they recommend Abra. I called to ask since I have a huge crack in my windshield due to (most likely) the ton of sand on the road.

On the bright side, be glad there was just damage to your car. Several years ago, a piece of C-470 fell on a car, killing an entire family.

CorneliusRox
05-15-2013, 09:40 AM
wow, that's nuts. and you should make your insurance company go after them.

aestivales
05-15-2013, 10:11 AM
Driving to work this morning on I-25 Northbound and a piece of the Filmore bridge fell off and dented/scratched my hood and windshield. I thought it was going to come through the windshield. I called CSP and they told me that CDOT would be responsible. I bet I never see a dime for the repairs. Needless to say, not a happy morning.

do you have the piece that fell off? or any debris on the car? i'd take lots of pictures of the car and report it ASAP. also if it was big enough you could take a picture of where it came off the bridge

Taint Fair
05-15-2013, 10:11 AM
Sorry to hear that.

If you're looking for a preferred glass shop, I just spoke with Mike @ Phil Long and they recommend Abra. I called to ask since I have a huge crack in my windshield due to (most likely) the ton of sand on the road.

On the bright side, be glad there was just damage to your car. Several years ago, a piece of C-470 fell on a car, killing an entire family.

I had also already filed a claim for my windshield from the crack on the passenger side. I went with Safelight because that is who USAA wanted me to go to, but I did convince them to use OEM glass. I was going to call Phil Long and ask them about a body shop. Thinking a new hood may be in my future.

Taint Fair
05-15-2013, 10:14 AM
do you have the piece that fell off? or any debris on the car? i'd take lots of pictures of the car and report it ASAP. also if it was big enough you could take a picture of where it came off the bridge

That would have been smart and I should have stopped. I didn't think the damage was that bad and it was during rush hour. Thought it hit the windshield only. I had the sunroof open, so I think the piece may be in the back seat. I'm still waiting to hear from CDOT, but think I am going to call CSPD since CSP said it was their jurisdiction and have them meet me at the bridge.

Heavy Winter
05-15-2013, 10:18 AM
You're damn lucky. A few years back a girder fell off a bridge on I-70 near Golden and killed the occupants of the car. If that thing had come through the windshield you could have been really messed up by the impact or it could have precipitated a crash. Good luck dealing with CDOT.

KidGT
05-15-2013, 11:43 AM
I bet I never see a dime for the repairs. Needless to say, not a happy morning.

I suppose you could stay that Taint Fair...

Taint Fair
05-15-2013, 11:46 AM
Here's a pic. Started raining, so tried to get as much water off as I could. It's actually so deep and rough that I cut my finger pushing the water off!http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/16/uma9aty5.jpg

Animo
05-15-2013, 12:09 PM
Here's a pic. Started raining, so tried to get as much water off as I could. It's actually so deep and rough that I cut my finger pushing the water off!http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/16/uma9aty5.jpg

Dude Taint!! No! So sorry to hear this.

Dayne
05-16-2013, 09:46 AM
Am I the only one who is a little more concerned about the bridge crumbling than the car? I think that's more of a situation here haha. Sorry to hear man Hopefully it gets taken care of!

Hyphy
05-16-2013, 10:43 AM
Dang!

MartyinCO
05-16-2013, 11:00 AM
CDOT is real good about paying, bent a rim two years back and they cut me a check

Taint Fair
05-16-2013, 04:31 PM
CDOT is real good about paying, bent a rim two years back and they cut me a check

That's good to hear. Hope it goes easy. Filed my claim online yesterday.

SomeDayAS4
05-16-2013, 07:17 PM
Am I the only one who is a little more concerned about the bridge crumbling than the car? I think that's more of a situation here haha. Sorry to hear man Hopefully it gets taken care of!

i agree! my first thought was what bridge so i dont go near it...

lucaq
05-17-2013, 08:58 AM
What brand is the "OEM" glass that they installed, the terms that the glass industry uses is misleading? OEM or OEE "original equipment equivalent" which they sometimes use interchangeably even though they aren't the same. These designations don't mean what you and I think of when we think of mechanical parts. I always ask for the same brand as the factory installed windshield AND the same DOT code (the codes identify the factory where it was produced, there are actually sites online where you can put the code in and see the factory it came out of. For example for a B6 A4 there are two factories for the Sekurit St-Gobain glass, one in Mexico and one in Colombia, one of them is the glass used at the factory and has a better mold and the other is more of a "replica" glass, so there can even be quality differences between pieces of glass from the same brand, depending on the DOT code. It is weird, just make life easier on yourself in the future and ask for the same DOT number as what came on the car from the factory, they can usually look it up and order it.

Sorry to hear about your car, I hope that CDOT makes it right!

Taint Fair
05-17-2013, 11:08 AM
What brand is the "OEM" glass that they installed, the terms that the glass industry uses is misleading. OEM or OEE "original equipment equivalent"

Thanks for the info. I made sure that OEM was actually the original glass that the fatory uses.