PDA

View Full Version : Getting back into the scene...

camtron
04-26-2013, 05:20 PM
Whats up AZ'ers. After a long time, its about time I get back to working on the car [wrench]

History: Bought the car Dec. 2010, found it online, got it inspected, flew down to Dallas, TX to pick it up, and it ran like a champ. Drove it 15 hours straight back to Boulder, andddddd the problems began. Since I was new to the game and didn't know my way around the car it was in and out of the shop for a few months, got it running pretty well but never passed CO inspection. Drove it on expired tags for over a year, then decided to park it until I had the money/time to really get it in good shape, pass emissions, and go from there. Since then a year has passed and now its time.

The car: Was originally looking for an B6 that I could build up on my own, but found a 2002 A4 1.8T with a full APR stage 3+ kit, S4 front, +other misc parts, with 70k miles for only $8000 and couldn't pass up the opportunity. Heres how she sits now (sadly in my parents driveway)
http://i1333.photobucket.com/albums/w629/CameronHobbs1/IMG_1628_zps728d8f86.jpg

While I'm focused on getting it mechanically sound first, I stumbled upon Arjun's black seats for only $200 so I had to pick them up and threw them in the other weekend, to get started on a partial/full black interior swap
http://i1333.photobucket.com/albums/w629/CameronHobbs1/IMG_2543_zpscf872317.jpg

So thats where I'm at! I look forward to meeting many of you through this progress, and I'll go ahead and thank you all in advance for any help you provide and helping me with stupid questions I may have! [:D]

Styleprojekt
04-26-2013, 06:14 PM
I may have an entire interior for sale except Dash and Center console here pretty soon if you're looking for stuff

camtron
04-26-2013, 08:18 PM
Nico, may take you up on some/all of the parts when the time comes, depending on shipping cost from SLC

boostedAvant
04-26-2013, 08:21 PM
Nico is a good guy to buy from! Also, welcome back!

BASARAB
04-26-2013, 08:53 PM
I painted a console before and it looked like stock. Having light interior with black seats is really ghetto lol

camtron
04-26-2013, 09:36 PM
I painted a console before and it looked like stock. Having light interior with black seats is really ghetto lol
definitely a work in progress.....haha. Ill be looking for parts over the next few months to complete the conversion. what did you use for paint? ill probably end up buying one, but just curious

drumnjuny
04-27-2013, 12:23 AM
oh heyyy we should have a puppy party haha. i'm gettin a job so i gotta build a fence like ASAP and i wanna put a dog door in a wooden door u wanna help me saw that shit out haha?

camtron
04-27-2013, 08:05 AM
oh heyyy we should have a puppy party haha. i'm gettin a job so i gotta build a fence like ASAP and i wanna put a dog door in a wooden door u wanna help me saw that shit out haha?
You know it! My sister graduates this weekend and is living with me for the summer with her 6 month old boxer pup, so it will be a big puppy party! I've got all the saws you would ever need over at my parents house, if you dont have one haha