PDA

View Full Version : CCT Pricing?

Sheasta
04-25-2013, 08:32 PM
http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B5_A4-Quattro-1.8T/Engine/Mechanical/Cylinder_Head/

Should I go for the "Genuine Audi/VW" or does it not matter for this part? Its seems kind of expensive for not being VVT or anything... (AEB engine).

If someone knows of companys/websites selling the CCT at a better price let me know. Does the gasket come with it? Where can I get to CCT tool I dont see it on ECS?

BaconBait
04-25-2013, 09:28 PM
The gasket does not come with it unless it specifically says it does. The tool typically comes with the new tensioner. If you're not 100% sure it does, call the supplier and ask.

zandrew
04-25-2013, 09:54 PM
I put my order in last week for this and the rest of my rebuild kit. I got the MTC brand which now shows its going to be until may before they get more of them. I would have preferred a better brand like SWAG or FEBI but I doubt you would need OEM.

I am surpised no one has made a replacement for this yet that improves upon this poor design.

Sheasta
04-25-2013, 09:55 PM
Thanks. do I want an OEM CCT or will an aftermarket brand CCT be alright?

edit: ok thanks.

I cant find the gasket on the ECS website and zandrew did your CCT come with the tool?

Mad Cow
04-26-2013, 06:13 AM
If you looked at a new CCT you'll see that they physically can't be sold without the tool because it keeps them from coming apart so no problem there. I'd stay away from MTC though, I'm wary of any part that costs half as much as the next cheapest choice.

034Motorsport
04-26-2013, 08:13 AM
Thanks. do I want an OEM CCT or will an aftermarket brand CCT be alright?

edit: ok thanks.

I cant find the gasket on the ECS website and zandrew did your CCT come with the tool?

There are a lot of engine parts that don't matter whether you go Audi brand or OE Replacement; the CCT is one of the few items that I highly recommend you go with an actual Audi/VW unit. We've had problems with the OE Replacement versions on both the 1.8T and the 2.7T. They aren't terribly difficult to replace, and if you keep the chain intact with the cams you can maintain the timing, so some people feel the savings is worth the potential risk.

Not like every OE Replacement one is going to be bad, but in general we've seen they don't last as long and can sometimes have issues right off the bat.

And all CCT come with the tool. The gaskets are $5 with the half moon, we carry them if you need help.

Sheasta
04-26-2013, 05:04 PM
Are you referring to the pin that holds it untentioned or the actual tool? Because I see people wanting to borrow the tool and people who lend it such as walkytalky. If they all come with it why would he lend it?

zandrew
04-26-2013, 06:00 PM
Max- WHat about the Swag or Febi units? I actually have fairly sizeable order with you that is supposed to be shipped Monday. My current motor needs one and I wanted to get a good one for my built motor that I have in the works.

Sheasta
04-26-2013, 08:16 PM
He recommends the oem one like he said. I personally am reluctant trust a non oem one on my stock motor nvm your built motor.

Mad Cow
04-29-2013, 04:14 PM
Are you referring to the pin that holds it untentioned or the actual tool? Because I see people wanting to borrow the tool and people who lend it such as walkytalky. If they all come with it why would he lend it?

There's no pin, the tool itself holds it compressed. People need the tool for doing the gasket or if they're swapping a used one in.