PDA

View Full Version : Factory Stereo Issue?

UberAvant
04-22-2013, 05:52 PM
I have a bizzare stereo issue. From time to time my factory stereo will not power-up. Once I disconnect the battery cable then reconnect, input the code then it works great. Two days or a week later the same issue.

????[confused]

Wraith600
04-23-2013, 08:31 AM
Likely just starting to fail. Maybe some electronic piece inside of it is letting go when you hit a bump or something. Other then that I would see if there is a relay for the radio ( I have no idea if there is) and maybe think about replacing it.

QuattroGinger
04-23-2013, 10:03 AM
mine is starting ot fail as well. however mine lights and screen all go out, but sound stays. guessing ill be in same position as you in just a matter of time.,

ianwpb
04-23-2013, 10:56 AM
Not sure which model you have, but ecs sells the factory Double din unit for $37 plus shipping.

Mad Cow
04-23-2013, 11:04 AM
mine is starting ot fail as well. however mine lights and screen all go out, but sound stays. guessing ill be in same position as you in just a matter of time.,

I dealt with a similar problem, turns out there was a screw rattling around inside the radio shorting stuff out randomly, I thought it was dead for sure once I saw the Internal Control Module Memory Error but it's been fine ever since. Could be something as simple as that, you never know until you check.

UberAvant
04-23-2013, 04:33 PM
Thanks, I think I am going to replace it with an aftermarket unit.