PDA

View Full Version : 1997 Audi a4 hard start and dies when I gas it

ponyboy
04-22-2013, 04:34 PM
Ok I've tried a lot of stuff to fix this car. I have change the fuel pump, fuel filter, cleaned the fuel injectors, changed the spark plugs and spark plug wires, and changed the clutch. My a4 was still starting hard when it was cold it would turn over but I would have to give it some gas then It would start when it was warm the engine would turn over for a little and then start and would run just fine. I just changed out the coolant temperature switch not the coolant temperature sensor my car started right away and ran much better for two days. I went to work today the car ran great, I went home for lunch car ran great(took the highway) when I went back to work the car started fine and ran fine until I pulled up to a stop light and all of sudden the it just died. I got it to start again but it died at the next stop light it now is running very ruff when it does start it floods but when I go to gas it the car just sputters and dies. I guess the Coolant temperature sensor is different from the Coolant temperature switch[confused]. I looked in my Haynes repair manual and it said that CTSensor sould be were the CTSwitch was. I'm really not sure what the hell is going on....maybe I need to change the CTSensor I just really have no clue what is going on[headbang][headbang][headbang].

Please somebody help me out here I am at my wits end

Poopie
04-22-2013, 04:52 PM
maf maybe. You need a vagcom scan so you can really figure it out.

ponyboy
04-22-2013, 05:29 PM
Well I did have check engine light on that said coolant temp. sensor I changed the coolant temp. switch and it started right up and ran good. I had the check engine light come back on I had it checked and it said O2 sensor/vacuum line but I don't think that that would be it. I don't think its the maf because it ran fine for two days after a change the coolant temp switch.???????

Poopie
04-22-2013, 05:54 PM
Could be dumb luck or coincidence