PDA

View Full Version : A3 lease rates

columbusaudi
06-28-2005, 12:32 PM
hey guys im trying to figure something out and need input.
Both my mother and me are in the market for new cars and we were both looking at New a3 and A4 lease rates. Somehow the B7 a4 is going for $3,400 down and 369 a month, while the A3 is more expensive than this. How can this be??? Am i missing something? does the A3 have a V12 in it or what? Seriously, how is the sticker on an a3 less than an A4 yet the lease rates are more expensive on the A3??? any input would be apreciated.

P.S think we can get a special deal since we are picking up 2 audis at once???

J-roc
06-28-2005, 12:38 PM
You have to remember that the A3 is brand new! It has never been in the states so I am sure they are expecting demand to be higher. Hopefully my brother will see this and try to explain it more. From what I understand is that Audi rarely if ever gives "deals" cause they feel that deals cheapen the brand.

Meesh
06-28-2005, 01:00 PM
^the dealer that sold to me told me that they arent discounting the a3 at all, because they dont do dealer mark-ups. my mom is a former car salesman for lotus and whatnot, so she knows the buisness. the only reason we got discounted the measly 700 bucks was because we bought an a4 about a year and a half ago, and buisness went smoothly

Anthony
06-28-2005, 09:53 PM
Yup, it has to do with lease "rates" and "deals". Audi of America is not interested in leasing the A3 as of right now, so they aren't offering up any specials like they would other cars. They are purposely making it un-attractive to lease these vehicles. They want people to buy. This is often the case with brand new cars to market.

A4 - Oh Snap
07-14-2005, 12:29 PM
Makes perfect sense to me. Audi has no idea how much the cars will depreciate in the states. The car could totally bomb and everyone would turn their cars at the end of the lease because their buyout price would be above fair market value.

Audi is playing it better safe than sorry.