PDA

View Full Version : Relocating...a change in scenery.

Hyphy
04-17-2013, 10:40 AM
So, for those of you that don't know me, I was born and have lived in Florida for all of my life. I'm currently finishing up flight school in Sanford, Florida and looking to continue on and become a certified flight instructor. I figured now is a better time than any to relocate and get some experience flying in a different climate under my wing ([:p]). This will look much better on my resume and help me to get a job in the future that I can really be content with. I've always loved the cold weather and have been looking to get out of Florida for a while now.

Now comes the decision, where do I go? After weeks of deliberating, I've made the decision to move to Colorado. I've visited before and have loved everything about this state. It will be a huge culture shock for me but I am excited and I think this will be what is truly best for me and my flight career.

Here's where I need some help from my fellow Audizine brethren. I'll most likely be flying out of either Rocky Mountain Metro or Centennial airport. What are some good neighborhoods in that area or surrounding area that I should look into? Obviously distance, safety and cost are the main factors that will effect where I plan on settling down. I'd like to get into a one or two bedroom townhouse, or small house with an attached garage.

Looking forward to meeting up with those of you out there when I move, starting over means making new friends as well.

- Nick

A4B8ueg
04-17-2013, 11:29 AM
I'm sorry, I do not know anything about the areas you mentioned as I live in the Springs. But...welcome to Colorado! I have been stationed here since 2008 and I love it. Going to be sad when I get orders to PCS.

McGovs2.7TB5
04-17-2013, 11:36 AM
If out of Rocky Mountain check out Arvada and Westminster, both a little South of RMM. I live in Arvada at about I70 and Wadsworth (you may not be familiar now but will be) and a drive to RMM would run about 10-15 minutes if I hit all the red lights. Also Louisville and Broomfield would work well, they are little West and North of RMM respectively. Louisville is routinely voted one of the best places in the country to live, great views and minutes to CU Boulder.

I don't really know enough about the neighborhoods in Centennial to recommend anything down on that end of town.

Welcome to CO.

100Daily
04-17-2013, 12:48 PM
House or apartment? Budget? Age? Married? It all depends.

I live near Centennial, in Parker. I have lived here for over 20 years. Arvada or Westminster are much closer to denver and the city life/people and cheap to live, while Centennial are is more rural, especially the further south you go. Here is my opinion:

Parker - Family sort of town and is boring if you are young. But, I think the people are generally nice. No ghetto people at all. More spaced out, woods around. Nice houses, a few shitty ones. But mostly nice. Same deal with apartments.

Castle Rock - Like Parker, but right off Interstate and a tad run down looking. There are nice areas and old shitty houses all mixed together. So you get a wide mix of people. I lived there for a few years and I think castle rock is just ok... Not a fan of bikers or trashy people and Castle Rock has got its share....

Centennial - Nice enough place. Right off highway as well, but mainly a commercial area. Lots of malls, car dealerships, corporate parks, 2 airports, and mid 70's to 80's type houses. Nice people. A few neighborhoods, all middle class as far as I know. Same with apartments. Kind of a "generic" but nice place to live if that makes sense.

Lone Tree - Nice if you want a big mall and lots of food and stuff to do nearby. Its probably the most active place in the area. All new and nice. Very busy with people. Kind of expensive. Right of I-25. Houses/apartments are really expensive but nice, except for one old lower middle class neighborhood. I lived there and liked it.

Highlands Ranch - Whatever you do, don't move there. Horrible yuppies.

Greenwood Village - Kind of cool. Nicer houses, lots of apartments. Just far enough away from Denver to avoid hood people but still close. Newer than Arvada/Westminster. Lots of business parks in the area, movie theaters, etc. Good places to eat. Concerts.

That is my opinion. Hopefully this didn't offend anyone, but that is how I see it.

auditd0rk
04-17-2013, 01:18 PM
Greenwood Village... Just far enough away from Denver to avoid hood people but still close.

Hood people -- haha.

Seriously, though, GV is a nice area. Worked in GV for 4 years (right down street from Fiddler's Green). The Landmark's a cool development -- theater, restaurants, housing, etc. Across the interstate over by the DTC Tavern is a nice area, too. If I were still working there and looking to move to Denver, GV would definitely be on my list.

Heavy Winter
04-17-2013, 02:19 PM
Louisville is nice, or so the media says:

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2011/snapshots/PL0846355.html

http://www.sunset.com/travel/rockies/louisville-colorado-day-trip-00418000071200/

If you like rock climbing, hiking, road biking or want to live in a truly funky place that still feels like Colorado used to be, then check out Eldorado Springs.

If you like rich white people who all think they're better looking, smarter and happier than you (and who also think they're "totally open minded, bro" until they meet someone who doesn't agree with their politics/religion/etc) then move to Boulder.

If you want to smoke a ton of pot, move to Nederland.

If you like hot chicks, bars and late nights, check out LoDo (center of Denver).

If you like hipsters and trendy restaurants, check out the Highlands Neighborhood of Denver.

I could go on. . . .But Louisville is where I'd start. Close to the mountains, close to the airport where you may be flying, more affordable than Boulder (with less attitude) and probably the opportunity to live in a cool place near the center of town, where you can walk to coffee shops, etc.

McGovs2.7TB5
04-17-2013, 02:34 PM

i think this one is covered just moving to Colorado, doesn't need to be Nederland.

Hyphy
04-17-2013, 03:12 PM
House or apartment? Budget? Age? Married? It all depends.

I live near Centennial, in Parker. I have lived here for over 20 years. Arvada or Westminster are much closer to denver and the city life/people and cheap to live, while Centennial are is more rural, especially the further south you go. Here is my opinion:

Parker - Family sort of town and is boring if you are young. But, I think the people are generally nice. No ghetto people at all. More spaced out, woods around. Nice houses, a few shitty ones. But mostly nice. Same deal with apartments.

Castle Rock - Like Parker, but right off Interstate and a tad run down looking. There are nice areas and old shitty houses all mixed together. So you get a wide mix of people. I lived there for a few years and I think castle rock is just ok... Not a fan of bikers or trashy people and Castle Rock has got its share....

Centennial - Nice enough place. Right off highway as well, but mainly a commercial area. Lots of malls, car dealerships, corporate parks, 2 airports, and mid 70's to 80's type houses. Nice people. A few neighborhoods, all middle class as far as I know. Same with apartments. Kind of a "generic" but nice place to live if that makes sense.

Lone Tree - Nice if you want a big mall and lots of food and stuff to do nearby. Its probably the most active place in the area. All new and nice. Very busy with people. Kind of expensive. Right of I-25. Houses/apartments are really expensive but nice, except for one old lower middle class neighborhood. I lived there and liked it.

Highlands Ranch - Whatever you do, don't move there. Horrible yuppies.

Greenwood Village - Kind of cool. Nicer houses, lots of apartments. Just far enough away from Denver to avoid hood people but still close. Newer than Arvada/Westminster. Lots of business parks in the area, movie theaters, etc. Good places to eat. Concerts.

That is my opinion. Hopefully this didn't offend anyone, but that is how I see it.

I really don't want to live in an apartment. I'd much rather purchase/rent a town home or a house that's within my budget. I'd like to be able to get something with a garage so I can work on the car/bike/toys all year round. I'm hoping to find an area where it will be close to the airport as well as being close to things to do (food, bars + night out sorta thing). Thanks for your help! I enjoyed reading your post - haha!

Louisville is nice, or so the media says:

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2011/snapshots/PL0846355.html

http://www.sunset.com/travel/rockies/louisville-colorado-day-trip-00418000071200/

If you like rock climbing, hiking, road biking or want to live in a truly funky place that still feels like Colorado used to be, then check out Eldorado Springs.

If you like rich white people who all think they're better looking, smarter and happier than you (and who also think they're "totally open minded, bro" until they meet someone who doesn't agree with their politics/religion/etc) then move to Boulder.

If you like hot chicks, bars and late nights, check out LoDo (center of Denver).

If you like hipsters and trendy restaurants, check out the Highlands Neighborhood of Denver.

I could go on. . . .But Louisville is where I'd start. Close to the mountains, close to the airport where you may be flying, more affordable than Boulder (with less attitude) and probably the opportunity to live in a cool place near the center of town, where you can walk to coffee shops, etc.

I used to rock climb every summer up till about 16 years old. I hope I can meet some good people who will help me get back into it. Boulder is definitely a nice place and it's sad to read that the people aren't that cool. I do love gorgeous women and I'll def. check out Louisville! Thanks!!

mikehawk666
04-17-2013, 04:07 PM
Areas I like in Denver: Cherry Creek, wash park, hilltop, Mayfair, some of park hill, highlands, downtown area, stapleton/lowry, and some of baker.

Places I hate: suburbs down south even though they're nice(I like the city life), aurora, Capitol Hill.

Excited for another b5s4 in the area! Happy house hunting.

*edit greenwood village/DTC/Landmark area, or Littleton are my fav of the suburbs. Just read you need to be close to an airport.

Heavy Winter
04-17-2013, 06:52 PM
LOL! Well, Boulder is still cool, but due to a variety of factors, there is a price penalty to rent (and certainly to buy) real estate inside the city limits.

I shouldn't diss the place too much, as I live here. There's definitely a "Bouldertude" but also a lot of great people too.

You will save money living outside the "bubble", though. Feel free to PM me if you want to. Happy to give you my thoughts in more detail.

Dayne
04-17-2013, 07:15 PM
Colorado's tits! Best place to live in the world. There's an area here for everyone. Always something good happening to with the Bronco's, Av's, Redrocks the list can go on forever. Learn to snowboard so you can do some of this:

http://www.carpediemdordogne.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/snowboarding-tips-for-beginners.jpg

Good Luck finding the right place!

papadelogan
04-17-2013, 07:19 PM
You should PM CorneliusRox. He just moved here a few months ago and may still have some research/info that would be helpful for a newbie. Veteran info is great, but he looked in to housing costs, etc. just recently and in a number of neighborhoods. It would definitely be worth the effort.

Hyphy
04-17-2013, 07:37 PM
Areas I like in Denver: Cherry Creek, wash park, hilltop, Mayfair, some of park hill, highlands, downtown area, stapleton/lowry, and some of baker.

Places I hate: suburbs down south even though they're nice(I like the city life), aurora, Capitol Hill.

Excited for another b5s4 in the area! Happy house hunting.

*edit greenwood village/DTC/Landmark area, or Littleton are my fav of the suburbs. Just read you need to be close to an airport.

I'll have my realtor in CO check out those places! We should definitely meet up when I get up there! For some reason I thought you lived in Washington. NVM, different Mike.

LOL! Well, Boulder is still cool, but due to a variety of factors, there is a price penalty to rent (and certainly to buy) real estate inside the city limits.

I shouldn't diss the place too much, as I live here. There's definitely a "Bouldertude" but also a lot of great people too.

You will save money living outside the "bubble", though. Feel free to PM me if you want to. Happy to give you my thoughts in more detail.

I'll be pming you shortly! Thanks for all your help!

Colorado's tits! Best place to live in the world. There's an area here for everyone. Always something good happening to with the Bronco's, Av's, Redrocks the list can go on forever. Learn to snowboard so you can do some of this:

http://www.carpediemdordogne.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/snowboarding-tips-for-beginners.jpg

Good Luck finding the right place!

ahh! I'm super excited to learn how to snowboard! Excited to see your laser too!!

You should PM CorneliusRox. He just moved here a few months ago and may still have some research/info that would be helpful for a newbie. Veteran info is great, but he looked in to housing costs, etc. just recently and in a number of neighborhoods. It would definitely be worth the effort.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll be pming him in a bit as well!

Looking forward to meeting you guise! [>_<]

iamproph
04-17-2013, 08:01 PM
How often do you need to commute to the airports? If I were someone moving here right now, I would move to Golden for sure. New Light Rail line opening up in about 10 days will get you from Golden to Downtown for your nightlife, to all the sports stadiums, down to Park Meadows / Aspen Grove for your shopping, and in a few years hassle-free transportation right into DIA. Living right in the foothills with easy access to 6th & I-70, great for anyone who wants to go into the mountains weekly, and a pretty nice atmosphere if I say so for myself. Just my two cents, I am trying to get a place up there right now.

Hyphy
04-17-2013, 09:26 PM
How often do you need to commute to the airports? If I were someone moving here right now, I would move to Golden for sure. New Light Rail line opening up in about 10 days will get you from Golden to Downtown for your nightlife, to all the sports stadiums, down to Park Meadows / Aspen Grove for your shopping, and in a few years hassle-free transportation right into DIA. Living right in the foothills with easy access to 6th & I-70, great for anyone who wants to go into the mountains weekly, and a pretty nice atmosphere if I say so for myself. Just my two cents, I am trying to get a place up there right now.

5 days a week as I'll be working as a flight instructor. That does sound interesting though! What are you trying to buy (house/condo)?

mikehawk666
04-17-2013, 10:11 PM
^ I wAS born in WA so understandable. Too bad I can't get my real estate license in time to slang you a place!

quickspeed
04-17-2013, 10:26 PM
5 days a week as I'll be working as a flight instructor. That does sound interesting though! What are you trying to buy (house/condo)?

Time out. Does this mean you can help me get my pilot license? Because i've been aching to get my PPL.

Hyphy
04-17-2013, 11:29 PM
Time out. Does this mean you can help me get my pilot license? Because i've been aching to get my PPL.

Absolutely, once I get my CFI I'll be more than happy to help you get your certificate. Looking forward to chatting with you, feel free to pm me at anytime.

iamproph
04-18-2013, 06:10 AM

Trying to get a house. Prices are not the cheapest in Golden but they are pretty nice. Ideal for me for proximity to the Federal Center. If you are going to be at the airport 5 days a week it would be better to be a little closer, so maybe its not for you.

McGovs2.7TB5
04-18-2013, 06:13 AM
I would say Golden is good spot if you end up at RMM. In my area of Arvada, known as Olde Town, we have 5 bars and a micro brewery plus many restaurants within walking distance of my driveway. Lots of places for rent and sale nearby, most have garages all have yards.

Also we have a lot of Mikes with B5 S4s here. haha

CorneliusRox
04-18-2013, 06:56 AM
Welcome! And you're in for a surprise about how warm it really is here. It's like summer in January sometimes!

McGovs2.7TB5
04-18-2013, 06:58 AM
Shhhh, don't let that stuff get out

mdzaudi
04-18-2013, 08:52 AM
Welcome. When you moving?

CorneliusRox
04-18-2013, 09:31 AM
Shhhh, don't let that stuff get out

right?!

47ford
04-18-2013, 10:13 AM

Some things just go together. Like Peanut Butter & Chocolate :D

natalia
04-18-2013, 02:46 PM
Dtc! Good area

mikehawk666
04-18-2013, 04:52 PM
chinese food and chocolate pudding, cocaine and waffles, peanut butter and women!

Dayne
04-18-2013, 05:02 PM
Looking forward to seeing yours as well. There arnt too many lasers in CO so it will be pretty cool to see some more. As of right now mine isnt too much to look at other than the fact that its pretty damn clean. But tomorrow night ill be lowered :) and soon Ill have some fresh wheels!! Stoked!

natalia
04-18-2013, 06:04 PM
chinese food and chocolate pudding, cocaine and waffles, peanut butter and women!

Lol. Asiago bagels and cream cheese? Crystal light and vodka?

mikehawk666
04-18-2013, 08:06 PM
that bagel saved my life. so did that bowl of vodka and gatorade. ya I said bowl.

Hyphy
04-18-2013, 08:42 PM
Trying to get a house. Prices are not the cheapest in Golden but they are pretty nice. Ideal for me for proximity to the Federal Center. If you are going to be at the airport 5 days a week it would be better to be a little closer, so maybe its not for you.

I would say Golden is good spot if you end up at RMM. In my area of Arvada, known as Olde Town, we have 5 bars and a micro brewery plus many restaurants within walking distance of my driveway. Lots of places for rent and sale nearby, most have garages all have yards

I'll check out Golden if I decide on the flight school at RMM. [up] I love that I'm moving to a state where the Audi community is BIG! YES![cool]

Welcome! And you're in for a surprise about how warm it really is here. It's like summer in January sometimes!

I fell asleep early last night and I forgot to PM you. I was wondering if you had any notes from when you were looking to purchase/rent that you could perhaps send my way. I'll pm you here in a sec.

Welcome. When you moving?

Don't have a set date right now. Most likely during the summer though! [up]

Hyphy
04-18-2013, 08:43 PM
Lol. Asiago bagels and cream cheese? Crystal light and vodka?

bacon and maple syrup?

Hyphy
04-18-2013, 08:44 PM
Looking forward to seeing yours as well. There arnt too many lasers in CO so it will be pretty cool to see some more. As of right now mine isnt too much to look at other than the fact that its pretty damn clean. But tomorrow night ill be lowered :) and soon Ill have some fresh wheels!! Stoked!

I sold my b5 avant last month but I'm looking to get into another here shortly!

Dayne
04-18-2013, 11:24 PM

Bummer! The advantage though is that there is no shortage of Audi's in CO lol. The whole AWD thing is kinda popular here. You know snow and stuff.

natalia
04-19-2013, 12:02 AM
that bagel saved my life. so did that bowl of vodka and gatorade. ya I said bowl.

Lol the mimosas saved my life. You and your ramen vodka. So gross. I think I'm still dying from that bender.

natalia
04-19-2013, 12:03 AM

Did your lady purchase it?

mikehawk666
04-19-2013, 01:55 AM

wait what the fuck. he can't move here if he doesn't have a b5 s4 nooooooooooooooo you'll never find another avant

mdzaudi
04-19-2013, 05:34 AM
Lol the mimosas saved my life. You and your ramen vodka. So gross. I think I'm still dying from that bender.

Speaking of benders, Mister Tu showed up last night. You going to show your face this weekend?

Hyphy
04-19-2013, 07:38 AM
Did your lady purchase it?

Negative. Some dude in CO did. Haha

Hyphy
04-19-2013, 07:39 AM
nooooooooooooooo you'll never find another avant

Don't say that!

air_forced
04-19-2013, 08:05 AM

I am looking at the Golden area for all of these reasons. Or at least somewhere near the new light rail.

Another Mike with a B5 S4 btw. Will be in town end of July.

Hyphy
04-19-2013, 08:45 AM
^lmao! Mike. You're number 5!

McGovs2.7TB5
04-19-2013, 09:07 AM
We should have a Mike's and their S4s photo shoot ha

air_forced
04-19-2013, 10:55 AM
Ha. I'm down. Now we gotta see if we can get all the colors of the b5 with only owners by the name of Mike.

Hyphy
04-19-2013, 12:21 PM
^haha amazing.

natalia
04-19-2013, 12:44 PM
Speaking of benders, Mister Tu showed up last night. You going to show your face this weekend?

That's the plan! Hopefully I make it to floss!

47ford
04-20-2013, 12:18 PM
Ha. I'm down. Now we gotta see if we can get all the colors of the b5 with only owners by the name of Mike.

Mine is silver, who's next?

air_forced
04-20-2013, 06:10 PM
Mine is silver, who's next?

Santorin

mikehawk666
04-20-2013, 08:52 PM
Imola.. for now

McGovs2.7TB5
04-21-2013, 06:29 AM
Black

air_forced
04-21-2013, 08:23 AM

Your color choice is starting to be limited. Silver, Black, Imola, and Santorin are already spoken for.

Hyphy
04-26-2013, 01:01 PM
Your color choice is starting to be limited. Silver, Black, Imola, and Santorin are already spoken for.

I was pretty close to picking up an imola avant but it didn't work out so I'm really torn on what to get. I feel like I should just get a cheap beater and a motorcycle...

How often would I be able to ride a bike out of the 365 days in a year?

quickspeed
04-26-2013, 01:36 PM
I was pretty close to picking up an imola avant but it didn't work out so I'm really torn on what to get. I feel like I should just get a cheap beater and a motorcycle...

drumnjuny
04-26-2013, 02:43 PM
i believe the exact number is 354 actually, mikey.

air_forced
04-26-2013, 06:02 PM

My S4 is up for sale if you want to get into a sedan. I just picked up an XJ Cherokee that I will be taking with me to Colorado. I'm selling the S4 pretty cheap, but if I don't get what I'm looking for she'll just go in to storage for awhile. Posted in the classifieds if you want to take a look at it. It's at FS Tuning off Colonial right now getting the timing service done.

Hyphy
04-27-2013, 05:42 AM

i believe the exact number is 354 actually, mikey.

smart asses! [>_<]

quickspeed
04-27-2013, 07:00 AM
smart asses! [&gt;_&lt;]

In all honesty it's a number close to that. I'm getting my Motorcycle endorsement this week so I look forward to riding with y'all!

Hyphy
04-28-2013, 05:09 PM
In all honesty it's a number close to that. I'm getting my Motorcycle endorsement this week so I look forward to riding with y'all!

Will I need to take the CO test even though I have already done so for Florida laws?

CorneliusRox
05-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Nope. When I came out, it was $21 if I showed them my Michigan License and I also needed two pieces of paper to prove I lived where I did, and then it was an extra $2 for them to transfer my motorcycle endorsement at well.

So $23 total. Not bad.

Chicago wouldnt do that, and it was going to be over $250 for everything, so that's why I never got one there.

drumnjuny
05-07-2013, 10:58 AM
yeah VA was like $250... i did it over 4 years ago though haha. might've changed

Hyphy
05-08-2013, 01:18 PM
Thanks guys.

Does anyone know of a website that would be selling a state map of CO? I'd like to put the map on a poster board and pin out all the surrounding neighborhoods next to the two flight schools that i've narrowed down to. Maybe something like 18"x24"? I've been looking and looking and the only one I found was on amazon but I can't tell if it's what I'm looking for as the picture won't zoom in on the ad.

http://www.amazon.com/Colorado-State-Wall-Map-tubed/dp/1597752347/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1368044411&sr=8-2&keywords=colorado+state+map

McGovs2.7TB5
05-08-2013, 02:07 PM
maybe these? http://www.denver.org/transportation/map

The regional seems to the best one for what you need. Rocky Mountain is up near what is marked '1st Bank Center' and the Centennial Airport is on the South end of the map near what is marked 'Wildlife Experience Museum'.

Hyphy
05-08-2013, 07:41 PM
maybe these? http://www.denver.org/transportation/map

The regional seems to the best one for what you need. Rocky Mountain is up near what is marked '1st Bank Center' and the Centennial Airport is on the South end of the map near what is marked 'Wildlife Experience Museum'.

Thanks for the link! I found this one that I bought a couple hours ago. Got it with the major highways & cities. $95 later..lol
http://www.marketmaps.com/metro-area-maps/colorado/denver-co.aspx

geeky
05-09-2013, 07:55 AM
If you're going to be flying out of Centennial, my aunt lives by Smoky Hill & Towers (intersection) in Aurora/Centennial. Pretty nice neighborhood imho and its a quick 15-20 minute commute.

Hyphy
05-27-2013, 12:26 PM
Flying up on Thursday! Going to be checking out the local flight schools and properties for sale! So freaking excited y'all!

Heavy Winter
05-27-2013, 06:29 PM
Cool! Hope everything goes well.

Speed4Avant
05-27-2013, 07:44 PM
Flying up on Thursday! Going to be checking out the local flight schools and properties for sale! So freaking excited y'all!

lmao, just make sure the car you end up buying has catalytic converters unlike the one you sold me, can't pass emissions without em. Hit me up if you want to see your baby hahahah

Hyphy
05-28-2013, 08:24 PM
lmao, just make sure the car you end up buying has catalytic converters unlike the one you sold me, can't pass emissions without em. Hit me up if you want to see your baby hahahah

Hey man - hopefully I'll get to see Sloan sooner rather than later. Hope all is well.

Hyphy
05-29-2013, 07:09 PM
Bags are packed! Flights leaves at 6 am sharp! We should be checked into the hotel by lunch time! Where are some great places to eat near 16th street (or downtown in general)?

mikehawk666
05-29-2013, 07:29 PM
your moms house! zinggggg #nike #okelly call me tomorrow when you get into town. I work a few blocks away from where you're staying.

mikehawk666
05-29-2013, 07:30 PM
&what kind of food do you want home slice? fancy or casual? cuisine? I'm sure there are a few gay eateries for you to go to so don't worry babe.

Hyphy
05-29-2013, 08:27 PM
Steak, sushi, whatever.

mikehawk666
05-29-2013, 09:25 PM
Hapa(15th blake) or Blue for sushi. Steaks anywhere. Try Euclid Hall and Osterio Marco, Venice, and of course Epernay downtown - Linger, Root Down, Vida, Lola in the highlands. Just text me whatever you find and ill let you know if its worth trying.

Hyphy
06-01-2013, 08:09 PM
I'm loving it up here! I don't want to leave!

Greedo
06-01-2013, 08:10 PM
Wait, you're here? For now long?

mikehawk666
06-01-2013, 10:00 PM
My blind date with nick went so well

Hyphy
06-02-2013, 12:20 AM
Wait, you're here? For now long?

Yeah, here till Tuesday. Going white water rafting today!

My blind date with nick went so well

<3

Hyphy
06-06-2013, 03:42 PM
I miss the mountains...

Hyphy
06-07-2013, 10:15 AM
At this point, I think I will end up flying out of RMM (Jeffco) and will be living in Arvada or Westminster.

CorneliusRox
06-10-2013, 09:20 AM
At this point, I think I will end up flying out of RMM (Jeffco) and will be living in Arvada or Westminster.

Good call. If you live in Jefferson County (West of Sheridan I believe), the prices will be higher but for the most part it is a good area. Adam's county, where I live, is cheaper, but if you live close to Jefferson County and North of 36, it is a pretty nice area too.

Just some pointers.

Greedo
06-10-2013, 01:24 PM
Corey is a creeper; don't live near him.

CorneliusRox
06-10-2013, 01:45 PM
Corey is a creeper; don't live near him.

TJ will steal you packaging tape!

Greedo
06-10-2013, 02:14 PM
TJ will steal you packaging tape!

I didn't steal it; I simply forgot to put it back.

CorneliusRox
06-10-2013, 02:20 PM
I didn't steal it; I simply forgot to put it back.

Try telling that to Jules Winnfield when he comes to visit you.

McGovs2.7TB5
06-10-2013, 02:24 PM
Does he look like a bitch?

Greedo
06-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Try telling that to Jules Winnfield when he comes to visit you.

I don't listen to hip hop.

Tweakophyte
06-10-2013, 03:40 PM
Did you ever post your demographic info, like age, martial status, favorite and hopeful activities, etc.? I saw that you like to go out to eat, etc., which could impact where people tell you to go. Are you looking for public schools for your kids? What price range for house or rent?

CorneliusRox
06-10-2013, 07:56 PM
Did you ever post your demographic info, like age, martial status, favorite and hopeful activities, etc.? I saw that you like to go out to eat, etc., which could impact where people tell you to go. Are you looking for public schools for your kids? What price range for house or rent?

Martial art's status, ability to play drums, and river boat gambling ability.

seal66
06-10-2013, 09:17 PM
you are all weird lol anyways it has been awhile since I have gotten together with you suckers.

Tweakophyte
06-11-2013, 05:37 AM

Ee Dan, only on Hard, none.

[:)]

Hyphy
06-11-2013, 05:37 PM
Good call. If you live in Jefferson County (West of Sheridan I believe), the prices will be higher but for the most part it is a good area. Adam's county, where I live, is cheaper, but if you live close to Jefferson County and North of 36, it is a pretty nice area too.

Just some pointers.

Yeah, my realtor had told me that as well! Sweet thanks!

25 years young, flight instructor, single, biking, I won't say I have a favorite anymore as I will be moving somewhere where the activity range expanded by 100% - lol. I will say I like mountain biking, skiing (never tried snowboarding but will give it a shot), white water rafting, rock climbing, etc. I used to go to a sleep away camp when I was in my teens so I did all that kind of stuff. I'm def. an outdoors guy and will try new things!

When I get out there, I'd like to meet up with you all so we can be fwiends!

yes, maybe after a lot of practice, yes.

Tweakophyte
06-11-2013, 07:40 PM
25 years young, flight instructor, single, biking, I won't say I have a favorite anymore as I will be moving somewhere where the activity range expanded by 100% - lol. I will say I like mountain biking, skiing (never tried snowboarding but will give it a shot), white water rafting, rock climbing, etc. I used to go to a sleep away camp when I was in my teens so I did all that kind of stuff. I'm def. an outdoors guy and will try new things!

You should definitely think about moving to Boulder, in a place where you can walk to Pearl Street. You'll be in the middle of a lot of those activities you mentioned. I lived on The Hill when I was in my late 20s, and walked everywhere... lots of places to eat, and never had to worry about a DUI.

You've probably got a 24 rule, but still, it's nice to have the restaurants within walking distance. You'll be less than 20 mins away from the airport.

Louisville is nice, but more for families.

There are several nice areas near Denver, including Downtown (and nearby) and Cherry Creek. Both are great for food and and walking around. You'll have commute traffic, so from Denver you'll need 30 mins or so to get to the airport.

McGovs2.7TB5
06-12-2013, 06:16 AM
As a Colorado native, I would never live in Boulder. You walk everywhere because it's too expensive to afford gas. But I guess if yoiu like East Coast trust fund kids and hippies have at it.

Greedo
06-12-2013, 07:16 AM
Boulder would be great if it weren't so expensive.

(Says the guy living in the Vail valley)

Heavy Winter
06-12-2013, 07:46 AM
LOL - as a Colorado native who was born in Boulder and who lived in Vail for 20+ years, I NEVER was going to move back to Boulder, but here I am. McGovs has it wrong, though. The hippies have been priced out by rich white liberals, and they've all had to move to Nederland! I did spend 2 years in Denver, and I'd move back to Denver in a minute, it's an amazing city. I'd move back to Vail as well, but the wife isn't into snow and skiing as much as I am. I miss living near a chairlift. But if I was flying out of Jeff Co I'd look at the downtown/core areas of Louisville and Lafayette.

Regardless, since it sounds like you are going to skiing this year you should get your season pass now. I'd suggest the Vail Resorts Epic Pass as it has the most options. Prices will go up the closer you get to the winter.

Tweakophyte
06-13-2013, 04:49 AM
LOL - as a Colorado native who was born in Boulder and who lived in Vail for 20+ years, I NEVER was going to move back to Boulder, but here I am. McGovs has it wrong, though. The hippies have been priced out by rich white liberals, and they've all had to move to Nederland! I did spend 2 years in Denver, and I'd move back to Denver in a minute, it's an amazing city. I'd move back to Vail as well, but the wife isn't into snow and skiing as much as I am. I miss living near a chairlift. But if I was flying out of Jeff Co I'd look at the downtown/core areas of Louisville and Lafayette.

Regardless, since it sounds like you are going to skiing this year you should get your season pass now. I'd suggest the Vail Resorts Epic Pass as it has the most options. Prices will go up the closer you get to the winter.

Former Vail resident as well... Timber Ridge and Booth Creek Town Homes were my places of residence. I spent a year in Tahoe and worked at Squaw prior to that (El Nino year... 80 days on mountain, 40 were pow and we did not count pow unless it was above your knees). Good times. Snowboarding was still a core sport, and had not blown up yet (it started to my second season at Vail).

Forget any native baggage about Boulder. If you're young and single, there is a lot to do. Once the students move back, it's more hotties than hippies. Boulder also has a decent music scene, if you're into that.

Please note, I am neither young nor single...

...not old either.

Greedo
06-13-2013, 07:31 AM
The only issue with Boulder is the trustafarians, not the hippies.

Hyphy
06-14-2013, 06:43 PM
I did not realize that you could spent $2k on a set of ski's. Wtf..

Heavy Winter
06-14-2013, 08:17 PM
I did not realize that you could spent $2k on a set of ski's. Wtf..

No one spends $2k on skis, you buy last year's skis with last years graphics on sale for 40% off in a shop.

Or buy something used on Craigslist if you know what you are looking for.

Regardless, you need to buy your season pass soon, as prices (unlike those for skis) go up the longer you wait.

Except for my old season pass from last year, which I will gladly sell to you for 40% off the original purchase price. . . .

Cheers!

Hyphy
06-16-2013, 04:49 PM
^what online shop do you use? Where do I purchase a season pass?

Thanks.

Greedo
06-17-2013, 08:29 AM
You should just not ski. Because its gay. And expensive.

Hyphy
06-18-2013, 01:47 AM
You should just not ski. Because its gay. And expensive.

I'm definitely going to try snowboarding first before I spend money on gear! We'll see how that works out.

Heavy Winter
06-19-2013, 08:11 PM
Nick - I don't make a lot of gear purchases on the web but online check out backcountry.com local shops out here also will have sales in the fall, where they try to thin out last years inventory. Since you are talking about snowboarding I know Greedo sells some stuff here from time to time and from some of his posts I'm guessing he works at a shop, so he'd be a good source of info on boarding. I'm a skier so can't really help too much with snowboard stuff, although I know how to ride.

Check out vail.com for info on their epic pass. Next year it includes Eldora, which is west if Boulder. It will be the closest ski area to you but has the disadvantage of being cold windy and icy. That being said, during upslope storm conditions that happen a couple if times a year, it can be very good. But you'll find better skiing and riding conditions in the western slope, about 2 hours drive without weekend traffic from the places you are considering to move to (Eldora will be about 45 minutes).