PDA

View Full Version : Flik Artic Center Bore(IE what hub centric ring 73.0y

01audia4
04-16-2013, 07:23 PM
Hey Guys-

About to put on my Flik Artic wheels just wanted to make sure I have the correct size needed for hub centric rings.

Surprisingly for how common these wheels are I couldn't seem to find not one damn thread of conformation.

Just to make sure:

57.1(audi hub size)
73.0(Flik hub size..This is what I gathered from one AZ thread)

Thank you,

Stefan.

PS: Other than a little vibration how bad is it to throw wheels on w/o rings? If I can't pick them up from my local speed shop I will have to order them but have an Appt for my tires to go on.

01audia4
04-17-2013, 06:40 AM
Damn..No one?

034Motorsport
04-17-2013, 08:34 AM
If you know the hub diameter of the Fliks, and you know the hub diameter of the Audi (57.1), then what is the question?

Do you "need" hubcentric rings? No, but, they make taking wheels on and off way way way easier.

At the bare minimum, run a stud kit as that will help, and tighten the nuts evenly and in many passes.

U_know_me
04-17-2013, 09:00 AM
The diameter you have for the car is correct, sorry but cant help on the wheels. Should be easy to find from the manufacture.

Do you "need" hubcentric rings? No, but, they make taking wheels on and off way way way easier.... and tighten the nuts evenly and in many passes

Few can get away without rings, but a lot cant. Personally if I mount my AMG wheels without rings they vibrate like crazy no matter how even I torque the studs.

It might be worth trying to get away without them but at $10 to $20 a set its well worth it. Also a quick fyi dont get the cheap plastic rings they will break after mounting one time... dont ask how I know [:D].