PDA

View Full Version : NEW! JHM 1.8T Lightweight Flywheel and Clutch Combo With B7 RS4 Pressure Plate!

Tech/Sales@JHM
04-16-2013, 04:51 PM
Hey One-eighters!

JHM is proud to announce the release of our *NEW* JHM Lightweight Flywheel and Clutch Combo for the B5-B6 A4 1.8T 5 AND 6 speed transmissions!

http://jhmotorsports.com/shop/catalog/images/jhm_b5-b6_a4_18t-lwfw-hybrid-clutch_combo_w-b7-rs4-pp.jpg

Click Me For JHM A4 1.8T Lightweight Flywheel and Clutch Combo! (http://jhmotorsports.com/shop/catalog/jhm-lightweight-flywheel-and-clutch-combo-with-b7-rs4-pressure-plate-for-b5-b6-a4-18t-p-1231.html)

SPECIFICATIONS

- FLYWHEEL - These lightweight flywheels are made out of aluminum and weigh over 60% less than a stock flywheel!!! Our JHM Lightweight Flywheel weighs 9 lbs versus 24 lbs for a stock flywheel on a B6-A4 1.8T!!! Don't be scared away by the thought of unbearable chatter, though!!! Due to the fact that we increase the diameter of the clutch disc and in turn - the entire rotating assembly of the clutch and flywheel - the JHM Lightweight Flywheel and Clutch Combo doesn't chatter like you think an under ten pound lightweight flywheel would. The JHM Lightweight Flywheel and Clutch Combo (Flywheel, Disc, Pressure Plate) weighs 25 lbs versus the Stock Dual Mass Flywheel, Disc, and Pressure Plate which weighs 37 lbs. The JHM Combo is STILL 12 lbs lighter overall or 30% lighter than stock!

- CLUTCH KIT - These are available in 3 stages.
-JHM Stage 1 (Full Organic): Good for Stock, Stage 2, Stage 3 1.8T Motors. This is the same clutch material that comes on the B7-RS4 and is capable of holding more power than a stock 1.8T motor can handle.
-Stage 2 (Double Sided Kevlar): We do not have a traditional full Stage 2 double sided Kevlar option due to our experience with them over the past 6+ years.
-JHM Stage 3 (hybrid Ceramic/Metal Backed Organic): Good for all Stage 3, Big Turbo 1.8T stock or built engines.
-Stage 4 (hybrid Ceramic/Kevlar): Good for all Stage 3, Big Turbo 1.8T stock or built engines and above. We also recommend this clutch material for customers looking to drive their cars aggressively and put the clutch through back to back runs of high powered shifting. The Kevlar material is very durable and can withstand nearly any amount of hard driving that you throw at it.

http://jhmotorsports.com/products/pictures/clutches/JHM_Disc_Options.jpg

http://jhmotorsports.com/products/pictures/clutches/JHM_B7_vs_B5_RS4_SAC_Compare.jpg

http://jhmotorsports.com/products/pictures/clutches/JHM_B7_vs_B5_RS4_Pressure_Plate_Testing.jpg

INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING -9 lb Hybrid Lightweight flywheel - Flywheel to crank bolts - OEM B7 RS4 pressure plate - clutch disc - Pressure plate to flywheel bolts - Throwout bearing - Pilot Bearing - Clutch alignment tool

FITMENT:
- B5-A4 1.8T with 5-Speed Transmission
- B6-A4 1.8T with 5-Speed Transmission
- B6-A4 1.8T with 6-Speed Transmission

If you have any questions, feel free to give us a call!

DeathKing
04-16-2013, 08:11 PM
I <3 JHM

northcarohio
04-17-2013, 11:09 AM
I am just about 100% set on this as my new clutch but am still a little concerned about possible chatter since this will be my first "performance" clutch. Anything else you can say to give me peace of mind?

Tech/Sales@JHM
04-17-2013, 11:40 AM
I <3 JHM

[:D]

I am just about 100% set on this as my new clutch but am still a little concerned about possible chatter since this will be my first "performance" clutch. Anything else you can say to give me peace of mind?

northcarohio-

Chatter is something that will always be present when you are going to a lighter or lightweight single mass flywheel (Some more than others). However, because we increased diameter of our JHM Lightweight Flywheel (to be able to accept the B7 RS4 Pressure Plate and Clutch Disc) we are actually adding more mass to help absorb some of the vibrations that people call "Flywheel Chatter".

For some peace of mind, if you notice the chatter it is not something unbearable, only something you will notice while bogging the engine.

Let me know if you have any other questions or would like help placing the order!

Jake

northcarohio
04-18-2013, 09:53 AM
Just ordered! Thanks to Jake at JHM for his assistance. I look forward to getting this installed and writing a full review for you guys in the near future

Tech/Sales@JHM
04-18-2013, 09:57 AM
Just ordered! Thanks to Jake at JHM for his assistance. I look forward to getting this installed and writing a full review for you guys in the near future

We appreciate your business! [up]

Jake

lorge1989
04-18-2013, 10:19 AM
Torque rating on each?

Tech/Sales@JHM
04-18-2013, 10:36 AM
Torque rating on each?

To sum it up,

Stage 1 will handle what ever power the 1.8T can put out without a built motor. Stage 3 and 4 would be geared towards people with BT setups and built motors.

I would recommend Stage 4 based on your Sig, because it will be very durable and still be very easy to drive.

Jake

Detroitfire23
04-18-2013, 11:44 AM
What does this setup run?

Tech/Sales@JHM
04-18-2013, 12:00 PM
What does this setup run?

Price? The Stage 1 is currently on sale for $750.

Jake

Tech/Sales@JHM
04-22-2013, 11:35 AM
Thanks for all of the orders so far guys, keep them coming!

Jake

northcarohio
05-09-2013, 08:46 AM
Just has this installed yesterday. The clutch feels great so far! Pedal feel is slightly firmer than stock,and the engagement point is way closer to the floor. I expect this will come out slightly as I break it in but I like it closer regardless.

I was surprised to experience very little to no chatter at all! The tech warned me about a lot of possible flywheel chatter before installing it, but when it was all said and done and took it for a test drive he was very surprised to not experience much either.

The clutch is also very easy to drive. This was my first time driving a "performance" clutch, and I only stalled once while getting used to the lower engagement point. It feels nice and grabby in first and shifts are smoother than I expected.

Anyway, I will come back and give a full review after I put some real miles on it, but just wanted to share my initial thoughts. Thanks to JHM for a great product.

-John

Tech/Sales@JHM
05-09-2013, 09:05 AM
Just has this installed yesterday. The clutch feels great so far! Pedal feel is slightly firmer than stock,and the engagement point is way closer to the floor. I expect this will come out slightly as I break it in but I like it closer regardless.

I was surprised to experience very little to no chatter at all! The tech warned me about a lot of possible flywheel chatter before installing it, but when it was all said and done and took it for a test drive he was very surprised to not experience much either.

The clutch is also very easy to drive. This was my first time driving a "performance" clutch, and I only stalled once while getting used to the lower engagement point. It feels nice and grabby in first and shifts are smoother than I expected.

Anyway, I will come back and give a full review after I put some real miles on it, but just wanted to share my initial thoughts. Thanks to JHM for a great product.

-John

Thanks for the great review! We are glad you are happy thus far!

Jake

mykeg6
05-09-2013, 09:52 PM
How do these compare to the Clutchmasters?

Do they last longer?

If I need something that will hold like a 240mm FX400 what would you recommend?

Is the pedal pressure harder than the FX400s?