PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions for AEB 557p tune gt2871r elim

scboost
04-12-2013, 09:31 AM
Just looking for some suggestions to see what you guys think are good files. not looking for any standalones or maestro stuff. If anyone has any tunes that they are willing to sell as well lmk!!

Seerlah
04-12-2013, 09:40 AM
Just run an OTS tune. That is what I am currently running.

scboost
04-12-2013, 09:41 AM
Yea thats what i was planning. what one are you running?? uni, um, c2, eurodyne etc

Seerlah
04-12-2013, 09:45 AM
OTS Eurodyne 630cc 3 bar fpr tune on the GT2871R AWM engine

Believer
04-12-2013, 10:12 AM
OTS Eurodyne 630cc 3 bar fpr tune on the GT2871R AWM engine

When you say OTS Eurodyne tune, are you meaning a Maestro base file?

zandrew
04-12-2013, 10:27 AM
Eurodyne also does OTS tunes. Part of me does not like OTS tunes since they can not be spot on. They are generalized so they can be applicable to multiple setups. You typically don't get the most out of it. On the other hand I currently not the biggest fan of Maestro either.

If you look you can find better deals then whats out there on tunes. I have 440cc tune that uses a VR6 MAF for the GT2871R and the 557 P I can sell you if interested.

Seerlah
04-12-2013, 11:17 AM
OTS: Off the shelf

From my understanding, the tune i am running now is the base tune that is used on the Suite when one requests this as a base file. The tune I am running now has been out for a while, tried and proven, before the suite was even out there.

Believer
04-12-2013, 11:26 AM
OTS: Off the shelf

From my understanding, the tune i am running now is the base tune that is used on the Suite when one requests this as a base file. The tune I am running now has been out for a while, tried and proven, before the suite was even out there.

I knew that's what OTS meant I didn't know though that Eurodyne had those in addition to their suite.

Seerlah
04-12-2013, 11:35 AM
Yeah. I had a Eurodyne tune for my stock turbo back in like 08 when people had no idea they even offered that. Most ran with the more popular GIAC and APR.

Believer
04-12-2013, 11:46 AM
OP - I know that United Motorsports offers quite a few AEB Tunes that will work with that turbo. Right now I'm struggling between UM and Maestro.

scboost
04-12-2013, 12:06 PM
all good info here..thanks for the input!

ZimbutheMonkey
04-12-2013, 01:52 PM
Given that you have an AEB, I'd strongly suggest getting a Eurodyne tune and a Maestro suite. The base 630 file should work fine right out of the box as long as you have all the right hardware and your car is running right.

The reason I suggest Maestro however, is because unlike the later ME7 ECU's, there is no way to adjust your tuning setup via programs like lemmiwinks once you get the flash. So lets say you want to alter your timing or say you're running a little rich/lean, you're stuck having to dick around going back and forth getting the ECU reprogrammed by a 3rd party. Or, worse yet, if you go bigger with your turbo then you're stuck paying for a new flash.

At least with Maestro, you can tweak things yourself. You may not want to at this stage, but trust me, in a years time, if you want to make a change, you'll be thanking anyone who suggested you go with a Maestro setup. Like others have said, it's not perfect, but it's by far the lesser of all evils when it comes to an AEB tuning option.

Believer
04-12-2013, 02:35 PM
Given that you have an AEB, I'd strongly suggest getting a Eurodyne tune and a Maestro suite. The base 630 file should work fine right out of the box as long as you have all the right hardware and your car is running right.

The reason I suggest Maestro however, is because unlike the later ME7 ECU's, there is no way to adjust your tuning setup via programs like lemmiwinks once you get the flash. So lets say you want to alter your timing or say you're running a little rich/lean, you're stuck having to dick around going back and forth getting the ECU reprogrammed by a 3rd party. Or, worse yet, if you go bigger with your turbo then you're stuck paying for a new flash.

At least with Maestro, you can tweak things yourself. You may not want to at this stage, but trust me, in a years time, if you want to make a change, you'll be thanking anyone who suggested you go with a Maestro setup. Like others have said, it's not perfect, but it's by far the lesser of all evils when it comes to an AEB tuning option.

I could not agree with this more, many great points here. As much as I would love Maestro for my setup to come, there is still something about tuning myself, especially given that I will be learning as I go, that keeps me wanting an OTS. The biggest point you made that conflicts with my aforementioned thoughts is the instant tweakability that is there with Maestro, should something need to be tweaked. That is HUGE.

A1 A2 German
04-12-2013, 02:43 PM
Using Unitronics 440cc file on GT2871r elim.

ZimbutheMonkey
04-12-2013, 04:27 PM
I could not agree with this more, many great points here. As much as I would love Maestro for my setup to come, there is still something about tuning myself, especially given that I will be learning as I go, that keeps me wanting an OTS. The biggest point you made that conflicts with my aforementioned thoughts is the instant tweakability that is there with Maestro, should something need to be tweaked. That is HUGE.

Like I was saying though, the Maestro 630 tune pretty much meets your criteria for an OTS tune. I found on my AEB that it worked great right out of the box. So as long as you don't have any vacuum leaks or anything like that, it should work just as well as any other OTS tune.

That said, most OTS tunes will still need some tweaking. Reason being is that there are a lot of variables (like elevation) that an OTS tune can't really anticipate. OTS is really just another word for "best guess".

As for tuning things yourself, it's really not that hard. Just make small changes and see what happens. The only way you're going to blow something up is by making huge changes to the tuning parameters and running the car hard.

Most instances of guys blowing things up is when they try and push the ragged edge of things. The only thing I highly suggest you get is a wideband gauge (and possibly an e-boost controller). As far as I'm concerned actually, any AEB owner should have one. Even if you go with an OTS tune, you'll still need to be able to see what's happening with the A/F ratios as they could be off.

scboost
04-12-2013, 04:35 PM
Yea I think the maestro would be better in the long run but just wouldn't know where to start on tuning it. I'd be more apt to buying one and then paying somebody to dyno tune themselves. I live Houston though and vag world is pretty non existent other than a handful of b5 s4's.

Sent from my Dark JellyBellyG1 using Tapatalk 2

Seerlah
04-12-2013, 05:27 PM
I plan on upgrading to the Suite and will have others tune it for me. If it isn't your avenue, then it isn't your avenue. Leave it to a professional.

zandrew
04-12-2013, 08:06 PM

There is a flipside to the maestro suite. One that has me pretty pissed off. One there is no manual that comes with. Not even a crash course quick guide. Eurodyne has proven next to impossible to get any "worthwhile" help from. I had issues installing the software and that was with Eurodynes assistance. There seems to be contradicting info regarding the basefiles when you search those that have actually used it. Most specific fuel pressure rates to match the base tunes and Eurodyne simply flat out refuses to answer this simple question (I have emailed them 4 times with the same question). The forums you get access to has some good info but even it has contradictions.

In fairness Chris Tapp probably does not like me since I told him exactly how I fealt about the lack tech support so maybe some of this is my own doing. However others have had the same issue.

In my honest opinion it can be done by your common person with patience but if you are expecting to get and plug and play its really not like that. It is more designed for someone that has expierence already. I did a MegaSquirt completely from scratch and it was LIGHT YEARS easier then Maestro, however they answer your every question and even check back on you too make sure it is right. Chiss Tapp could honestly give a shit if my cars runs with his software or explodes and ruins my car. I value someone that stands behind their product more then I value the product itself. Chris Tapp does NOT DO THIS or atleast that is my personal expierence thus far. In fairness I probably pissed him off.

The product itself seems fine but it would be a lot more impressive with a simple guide.

I highly doubt the Eurodyne OTS is the same as the basefiles that come with Maestro.

Believer
04-12-2013, 10:02 PM
There is a flipside to the maestro suite. One that has me pretty pissed off. One there is no manual that comes with. Not even a crash course quick guide. Eurodyne has proven next to impossible to get any "worthwhile" help from. I had issues installing the software and that was with Eurodynes assistance. There seems to be contradicting info regarding the basefiles when you search those that have actually used it. Most specific fuel pressure rates to match the base tunes and Eurodyne simply flat out refuses to answer this simple question (I have emailed them 4 times with the same question). The forums you get access to has some good info but even it has contradictions.

In fairness Chris Tapp probably does not like me since I told him exactly how I fealt about the lack tech support so maybe some of this is my own doing. However others have had the same issue.

In my honest opinion it can be done by your common person with patience but if you are expecting to get and plug and play its really not like that. It is more designed for someone that has expierence already. I did a MegaSquirt completely from scratch and it was LIGHT YEARS easier then Maestro, however they answer your every question and even check back on you too make sure it is right. Chiss Tapp could honestly give a shit if my cars runs with his software or explodes and ruins my car. I value someone that stands behind their product more then I value the product itself. Chris Tapp does NOT DO THIS or atleast that is my personal expierence thus far. In fairness I probably pissed him off.

The product itself seems fine but it would be a lot more impressive with a simple guide.

I highly doubt the Eurodyne OTS is the same as the basefiles that come with Maestro.

The horse, stop beating it.

zandrew
04-13-2013, 12:05 AM
The horse, stop beating it.

Excuse the fuck out of you. First off the OP asked for suggestions and mine was based on my on going HORRIBLE expierence with Eurodyne and Maestro. Its not beating a horse, NOT EVEN IN A METAPHORICAL SENSE. Before you make half witted statements you might want to look at other that have had the same issues. I know of 3 people off the top of my head that bought the setup and ended up selling it and going with an OTS simply because they could not even get there car to idle or even start at all. That is with the AEB. Those people did not do others the favor and posted there expierences in fear that they would not sell it. I atleast have the balls to post the FACTS.

FACT- Maestro is pretty sweet. Quite capable. Has worked just fine for most.

FACT- Eurodyne absolutely sucks shit when it comes to answering specific questions. Eurodyne does not provide enough user info with their product. Eurodyne can give an absolute shit less if my car explodes or if it runs.

I have refrained from posting the fact that Eurodyne in one of their replies they sent me specifically stated that they could care less if it worked for me or not. That is pretty shitty damn tech support and when you pay close to $900 for something and get botched ass tech replies to simple questions that should have been answered with the package it gives me the privelage to beat the Eurodyne fucking horse all I want.

Don't take it from me, buy it and ask Eurodyne any question you like and see what you get as response. They would not give me a fucking part number until I bought the suite. If you want to know why it was because once you buy it and if you want to return it you LOSE 40% to restock. They do not have tech write up for the AEB.

It is sad that such a fine product comes from someone that WILL NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT... Those are the facts as I know them and from my expierence thus far.

Seerlah
04-13-2013, 05:18 AM

This was told to me by someone rather knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff, runs my same turbo, built engine like mine, AWM, rwd conversion, pure race car, does drift events, is a mechanic for Tyrol Sport, runs the Suite, etc. He told me flat out that the base file is the OTS tune I am running. And when it comes down to it, why wouldn't it be? Why make a crappy base file when the OTS tune would be the perfect base file for the Suite? As I mentioned before, the OTS tune I am running is tried and proven. I am running it and it pulls incredibly hard with perfect A/F ratios. Only gripe I have is my idle is 14.3:1 A/F. But I figured he did that because people who run this turbo on the stock block (many do this), and better to run slightly rich like that than running lean. Talked to others and they said it is not a big issue at all, and that was the only reason that made sense to me. While cruising out of boost I get really good gas mileage. In boost, that is a different story. Tune never gave me one issue when both stock at lower boost via mbc (17psi) and now running around 22psi with built block.

Believer
04-13-2013, 09:37 AM
Excuse the fuck out of you. First off the OP asked for suggestions and mine was based on my on going HORRIBLE expierence with Eurodyne and Maestro. Its not beating a horse, NOT EVEN IN A METAPHORICAL SENSE. Before you make half witted statements you might want to look at other that have had the same issues. I know of 3 people off the top of my head that bought the setup and ended up selling it and going with an OTS simply because they could not even get there car to idle or even start at all. That is with the AEB. Those people did not do others the favor and posted there expierences in fear that they would not sell it. I atleast have the balls to post the FACTS.

FACT- Maestro is pretty sweet. Quite capable. Has worked just fine for most.

FACT- Eurodyne absolutely sucks shit when it comes to answering specific questions. Eurodyne does not provide enough user info with their product. Eurodyne can give an absolute shit less if my car explodes or if it runs.

I have refrained from posting the fact that Eurodyne in one of their replies they sent me specifically stated that they could care less if it worked for me or not. That is pretty shitty damn tech support and when you pay close to $900 for something and get botched ass tech replies to simple questions that should have been answered with the package it gives me the privelage to beat the Eurodyne fucking horse all I want.

Don't take it from me, buy it and ask Eurodyne any question you like and see what you get as response. They would not give me a fucking part number until I bought the suite. If you want to know why it was because once you buy it and if you want to return it you LOSE 40% to restock. They do not have tech write up for the AEB.

It is sad that such a fine product comes from someone that WILL NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT... Those are the facts as I know them and from my expierence thus far.

No one is questing the 'facts'. The FACT is you rant about Maestro at every possible opportunity, was my point.

zandrew
04-13-2013, 12:13 PM
Seerlah I hope that it is the case. It would be an awesome value as you are basically getting multiple tunes instead of one. The price for their stage 3 tune is $699 so it would make huge sense to buy the Maestro if this is correct. You could start with K04 and move up as you change your build. It would be nice if this could be verified.

When I bought it it was described that it had a startup file (that is what it has been described to me) and that it would need tweaked. I could not understand why they would sell a OTS that fealt would need to be tweaked. That is how I understand it but I could be wrong and obviously have been where Eurodyne is concerned.

Believer- Your right I have ranted about it. If you had a sliver of my expierence with it you would rant about it as well. You obviously have not had my expierence with it (or any for that matter) and I genuinely pray you or no one else does. I find it odd that Zimbu "ranted' about some great points but I am beating a horse. With everything there is good and bad. I have been unlucky and have expierenced more bad then good with it. The majority of my expierences would have prevented with a simple manual or even more simple a quick guide. It has been further inflamed by Eurodyne's lack of tech support and shitty answers.

I find it to be on par with buying an Excavator or any other type of machiner and not getting a user manual. If you have expierence with that type of machine you will do fine. If you don't then your going to be screwed. Oddly I have expierence with tuning vehicles. The user interface on Maestro is no where near as simple as other setups out there.

If you don't find there to be great points in what I post then I apologize. I made the same thread here as I did on 2 other forums and I have had 3 different members across the multiple forums PM me and stated they too had the same issues. The general conscenus from them was had they read my "rant" before hand they most likely would not have bought it. All of them ended up selling it at much lower price then paid and went with OTS.

If you want Maestro in a nut shell. For some it work just fine. For some it does not work at all. For mostly everyone there is no "worthwhile" tech support from the manufacture.

Avant Nate
04-13-2013, 12:48 PM
I have both Uni and Maestro. The uni file came with the used gtrs eliminator setup that I bought, but after installing everything, didn't work. I even had a thread about a blown ECU. So I bought jaychen's Maestro. The powertap didn't work, but Chris exchanged it for me, just had to pay shipping. This is of course on a used unit.

So I tried the 630 base file, but the 630 file ran lean as shit, but it may have been the way my MAF was setup. I had everything for the Uni 415 setup, so using rockersteady's file I tried that. I noticed the the maf element in the VR6 housing was fucked, so I used one from my stock MAF. Worked OK but still leaned out in boost. I tried making adjustments, but I could never get my AFR's where I wanted. When I upped the boost a little, the AFR's became dangerous. For some reason I couldn't just lower the boost, so I reloaded rockersteady's base file to restart.

I figured I would just throw in the Uni ECU and see if it would even run, and it ran well. Turns out a bad MAF was the source of my problems. Even a little rich up in high boost which is around 25psi. I am at altitude so I'm not sure what the actual pressure is.
So for now I'm going to run the Uni file.

Someone, maybe Zimbu or someone else could make a thread for what each each of the maps in AEB maestro do and what changes mean. There's plenty for me7, but the maps are completely different, with different axis and values.

zandrew
04-16-2013, 05:41 AM
I wanted to update this since I asked Eurodyne about the OTS tunes and they are excat same as the tunes availible on Maestro. He remarked that they don't even sell OTS tunes anymore, just the complete package.

Makes my day, somewhat.

Seerlah
04-16-2013, 07:41 AM
Eurodyne direct no longer sells the it's tunes. Those are still available but can only be purchased from a Eurodyne authorized dealer.