PDA

View Full Version : New to the Q family

TheHeiko
04-11-2013, 02:35 PM
Hello all,

We recently picked up a 2013 Q5 for my wife. We're not new to Audi as she had a C6 Avant and I currently have a B8 Avant. The Q5 was just the logical update from the C6 Avant and we're loving it. It's a 2013 2.0T in Monsoon Gray with Chestnut leather, Premium+, nav/MMI, Sport Interior, Advanced Key, and B&O. It is just a beautiful, solid, sporty ride in just the right size. No mods planned except she does want a set of anthracite peelers. That would look awesome.

I'm a noob to the Q5s but I think we have a rather unique and special Q5. (Note: We are in CA, USA.) I've gone on audiusa.com and tried to build ours but cannot replicate what we got with our engine choice and trim level. Our 2.0T Premium+ has Chestnut Sport seats, a combo that cannot be configured on the site. Sport seats are only available in black. Also, the headliner in ours is black, an option only available with S-Line in the 3.0T. All interior colors in the 2.0T show a gray headliner. I think we got a custom order but I didn't even know that you could custom order those kinds of things.

SEXIC─N
04-11-2013, 02:44 PM
the sport interior isn't on the audi site if i'm not mistaken. all 2013's can be ordered with sport interiors

VroomVroom
04-11-2013, 02:55 PM
Kudos on the new machine. I dig the exterior/interior color vibe....and certainly nice to know about the possibility.

FWIW....the '12 Q I really really really really wanted is in Prestige and S-Line Plus trim, with the luxury package. Kind of a unicorn there. I love my rig, but boy do I wish those numbers could have worked....sigh.

Anyway - congrats!

TheHeiko
04-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Thanks guys! I had a 2013 Q5 Premium+ as a loaner for almost a month and that helped convince us how great the Q5 is. We weren't sure what Monsoon/Chestnut would look like but when we saw it we knew it was the cat's behind.

As far as the Sport interior, I knew that it can be selected on the Audi site and can be ordered on all Q5s but in the 2.0T, the only available leather when Sport is optioned is black. We got Chestnut which is not even shown as a color option for 2013 (as of now). That's part of the reason I'm puzzled. The black headliner really makes a difference in the cabin too. We're glad we got it, however that happened.

VroomVroom
04-11-2013, 04:29 PM
Ooh....having a loaner for a month generally means something bad. ;) (My wife had a Lexus IS loaner for just over a month....I really dug that car. Her ES, with it's new engine, has performed admirably ever since.)

I'm glad I'm not alone on the black headliner vibe. I remember thinking, "Meh." But then I sat in what shortly thereafter became my Q, and I was instantly in love.

SEXIC─N
04-11-2013, 05:44 PM
Thanks guys! I had a 2013 Q5 Premium+ as a loaner for almost a month and that helped convince us how great the Q5 is. We weren't sure what Monsoon/Chestnut would look like but when we saw it we knew it was the cat's behind.

As far as the Sport interior, I knew that it can be selected on the Audi site and can be ordered on all Q5s but in the 2.0T, the only available leather when Sport is optioned is black. We got Chestnut which is not even shown as a color option for 2013 (as of now). That's part of the reason I'm puzzled. The black headliner really makes a difference in the cabin too. We're glad we got it, however that happened.

For 2.0T's it's not the actual S-line package, it's just the S-line interior. This holds true for the 3.0T's as well...

cory_can
04-11-2013, 05:58 PM
Sounds familiar :). We just bought a Canadian 3.0T Premium Sline w/ NAV/B&O (same as US Prestige)for my wife and I also drive a B8 Avant. Hers will be Scuba Blue. We were close to buying a Touareg but she preferred the Q5. She wasn't interested in an Allroad.

^ what did you mean by holding true for the 3.0T? In Canada the Sline package adds Sline interior and exterior upgrades including sport seats, dark headliner, flat bottom steering wheel (and some other finishing details) and full Drive select.

ehernandezrn
04-12-2013, 09:46 AM
Hi everyone.

I apologize if I'm treading on the OP's thunder, but I, too, just joined the Q family. I just sold my B8 A4 Avant and am waiting on the arrival of my CPO 2011 Ibis White Q7 TDI Prestige S-line. I'm quite excited as my mantra is, "Change Is A Constant," and will be planning to have our first child, hence the vehicle upgrade. I'm not new to AZ and I'm a super fan. What's everyone doing to mod their Qs? Hope to hear from you all!

Cheers,
Edel

D_Frost
04-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Congrats x 2 :)

Looking forward to your posts in the future :)

gdawg'05a4
04-12-2013, 02:18 PM
Welcome and congrats! On the '13 2.0T, the Chestnut interior comes with the black headliner. All other interior colors come with the gray headliner.

ZILLA
04-12-2013, 03:37 PM
Welcome to the forum [:)]