PDA

View Full Version : Boost Problem Resolved?!?!

Tanzimur
04-10-2013, 02:02 PM
Whelp, Audi always boosted 4ib tops, so i decided enough was enough and had time on my hands an disconnected the electrical part of the N75 valve and still the same 4ib tops, so then i took the very top hose off the N75 valve and i got it to get up to 17ibs :))) and that shit felt real good kind of sputtery tho as in shaky but ye what do you guys think any help is awesome thanks! this is bone stock by the way no check engine lights or codes

Seerlah
04-10-2013, 06:08 PM
Stock boost for your car is 7psi. 5psi is limp mode, and what you could have been in. Removing the line that you did will make you overboost, which is not good for your car at all. That power is fun and all, but you can blow your engine really easy if you do that. That is why you pay for a tune to get the same power without blowing up your engine. You are paying for the remap of your ECU to accommodate for more boost. If you want more power, get an ECU tune and upgrade your diverter valve.

Tanzimur
04-10-2013, 06:10 PM
yup i understand all that and plan on getting one in the summer but trying to fix small problems like this so would you consider changing the n75 with a new or working used one?

Seerlah
04-10-2013, 06:23 PM
You should be seeing 7psi, granted everything is running good. The n75 is your boost controller, which would have limited your boost to 5psi if you were in limp mode. To get out of it, you have needed to reset your ECU. Generally this can be done by unhooking your negative terminal for a couple min and placing back on. Be sure to have your radio code handy if doing this.

Tanzimur
04-10-2013, 06:32 PM
Yup i topped out at usually 4psi wot but i have a p.o.s. dragon gauge and i think its 4psi off..... i reset the car today while i was re installing the n75 an still same 4psi normal excellent idle, so im just gona go ahead and get a mechanical vacuum gauge... Thanks for the help!!!