PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running aftermarket skid plate/belly pan?

$teady$upreme
04-07-2013, 11:54 PM
Diesel Geek panzer or Evolution thor? Or DIY?

How is it holding up?

audisline08
04-08-2013, 01:21 AM
I have an Evolution Thor plate and it has taken a lot of abuse and saved my oil pan and other things a ton. Fitment was a slight issue, not all bolt holes line up. other than that I am happy with it, its solid!!

xdewaynex
04-08-2013, 06:13 AM
Evolution Thor Plate here as well. Mine takes abuse everyday, quite a few gouges in it, and its still holding up. Bolt heads have been ground down a bit from being so low, but still working. One of the best upgrades for any car I believe.

Seerlah
04-08-2013, 06:19 AM
Thor plate here too. Saved me countless times. Last time was Saturday.

woolveren
04-08-2013, 06:31 AM
I've driven my car without belly pan for more than 2 yrs. :)

But last spring, I bought the aftermarket belly pan from ECS for $99 and its holding pretty good so far.

CCA4
04-08-2013, 07:08 AM
Panzer plate FTW. Mine has more than paid for itself. Definitely saved my oil pan a few times.

Seerlah
04-08-2013, 07:53 AM
It is almost manditory for lowered cars.

mashout
04-08-2013, 08:01 AM
Panzer plate FTW. Mine has more than paid for itself. Definitely saved my oil pan a few times.

This

ray4624
04-08-2013, 08:42 AM
panzer here
super easy to take off and its holding up real well

Corrado_Guy
04-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Evolution Thor, it should be standard equipment in these cars. Everything on mine lined up perfectly and it is not too much of a pain removing for oil changes and so on but it is a lot easier to re&re than oil pans. This thing has paid for itself over and over and my car is not especially low.

http://members.shaw.ca/vr6_corrado1/Audi-SkidPlate.jpg

And the bottom of my S4 bumper...

http://members.shaw.ca/vr6_corrado1/Audi-SkidPlate1.jpg

I have Hotchkis front and rear anti-sway bars so I did have to cut the plate around the centre anti-sway bar mounts because it sits lower and I also had to cut most of the vent off to clear the bar but it has been good other than that. The grease nipples on the Hotchkis front bar lasted about 2 days before both were gone, they could have put more thought into where they mounted these. Having grease nipples pointing straight down is great for adding more grease but didn't work out too well in the day-to-day use of the car.

whistlinquattro
04-08-2013, 07:26 PM
I have the Thor as well. I love it. It fits nicely and is easy and fast to remove. It's also super thick and beefy. I've trusted it to a few big rocks and its done well.

McChiken116
04-08-2013, 09:41 PM
Oh, man am I glad this thread is here. I just had to remove the stock belly pan on my new 01 because it was dragging, and I really need a replacement