PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Problems 98 A4 Quattro 1.8t

Haydenwar
04-06-2013, 03:45 PM
Sorry for being a newb and asking a bunch of questions but here goes. So After spending all winter with no heat I decided to change the Heater Core, big PITA but I got that done successfully. After putting everything back together the windshield wipers/washers weren't working. had to go to work. it was running fine heat working(Great). This morning I decided to check the wiper relay so disconnected the battery(for the 4th time in 3 days) just to check that all the fuses and relays were good. long story short when i reconnected the battery now the car won't start. well it will start and idle at about 500 rpm and die as soon as I hit the gas the fuel pump relay clicks once when I turn the ignition and then 2 when it stalls). so I have heat but now no wipers and a car that won't start. is there a ground or something i could have messed up when I had the dash out that would cause multiple problems? one that is not obvious i put everything back together just where I took it apart? or did both relays just go bad? [headbang]