PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Q5 P+ or 2012 Q5 S-line

tonymission
04-06-2013, 01:07 PM
Trading in my paid-for 2009 A4 and debating between two separate Q5s at different dealerships. The s line will give me a 100k warranty (13k on it currently), but I don't think I'd keep it that long anyway. I'm really a 3 year kind of guy and it's really for my wife who doesn't have a commute or even work -- I just drive it around a bit on the weekends and whatnot.

S-line is nice, but lacked a little of the polish that I saw in the 2013 version. What do you guys think? Money is pretty close.

SEXIC─N
04-06-2013, 01:52 PM
why not just lease a 2013 and pocket some money....

VroomVroom
04-06-2013, 02:03 PM
Are the specs similar? I'm curious about the lack of polish...what's missing on the '12?

D_Frost
04-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Interior is updated for 2013... while leasing works, trading in for a lease is not that beneficial...

tonymission
04-06-2013, 09:09 PM
Are the specs similar? I'm curious about the lack of polish...what's missing on the '12?

I like the DVD, the Audi connect (wifi hotspot for the kid's stuff), backup camera on the 12 was VERY grainy versus almost HD on the 13. Paddle shifters on the P+ but not S Line even tho I saw the 13 S line has the paddle shifters. Interior was a lot sexier on the P+ with the chocolate leather and real wood inlays. Like the wheels on the 13... 12 seems like 2008 style wheels even though they're large.

Gotta like the idea of a 3.2 supercharged engine, but I'm confident in the 2.0T, know it will be better on gas (and for my wife) and feel it's a better investment.

I've always bought or traded up so lease is out of the question. I know it depreciates driving off the lot but Audi pre-owned hold their value more than most and I'm not worried about paying for 3 years of use before getting a 2016 with about 35k in trade in equity available. Sounds like I'm leaning towards the '13 p+ huh?

BTW - 2012 S Line looking like around 47k and they don't want to work much with that price.
2013 P+ I'm down to about 44k with a lot of incentives since they like my A4.

name.goes.here
04-07-2013, 04:11 AM
Interior is updated for 2013... while leasing works, trading in for a lease is not that beneficial...

Absolutely agree. Based on what you wrote, and frequency/purposes it will be driven, I would go for the 2013.

VroomVroom
04-07-2013, 09:17 AM
Sounds like you're leaning toward the '13....nice. Just FYI...it's a 3.0L engine, but what's a few decilitres among friends? :)

The S-Line distinction is always an interesting one. I really wanted paddle shifters, so for me that trumped any other compromise. That said, I did love the cinammon leather, and in general I do prefer wood veneer over aluminum trim.

In any case, good luck and enjoy.

tonymission
04-07-2013, 06:12 PM
Sounds like you're leaning toward the '13....nice. Just FYI...it's a 3.0L engine, but what's a few decilitres among friends? :)

The S-Line distinction is always an interesting one. I really wanted paddle shifters, so for me that trumped any other compromise. That said, I did love the cinammon leather, and in general I do prefer wood veneer over aluminum trim.

In any case, good luck and enjoy.

The salesmen was telling me I could always go with the 13 S-Line since "what's a few thousand among friends?" ;)

I love the paddle shifters too and didn't realize this particular 13 P+ has them... really liked that. One dealership with the 12 s line has already approved my financing with a good interest rate, so we'll see what the the boys on the 13 come through with.

I'll post some pictures of whatever I decide to go with. Thanks guys!