PDA

View Full Version : Rough IDLE

sbaer2
04-06-2013, 09:41 AM
so after searching through a couple forums I could not find an answer relevant to my 2000 30v 2.8L rough idling issue. Most the suggestions are for S4 with turbo issues and vacuum hoses...

anyway yesterday i was driving my car and i downshifted around a turn into second gear and my car felt like it was about to stall out (shaking car) but was not quite that bad. I pulled over and noticed a rough idle the cabin was noticeably shaking but the RPMS were steady at about 500-600, engine sounded great. I drove the car last night after issue and it was fine..started it up late last night idle was great. This morning idle was great and all day has been solid. I always allow my car to warm up a good 15-25 minutes each morning, and even if i let it sit for over hour i let it warm up for ten minutes. ANyway i replaced coil pack and spark plugs less than 5000 miles ago and a bunch of other stuff...should i be worrying about this? it is firs time since replacing engine...but yeah any ideas??

ballinb5
04-06-2013, 09:51 AM
Lol i just got a similar issue today, rough idle after pulling on car. hopefully someone knowledgeable can chime in.

maybeimsik
04-06-2013, 01:41 PM
have you replaced any of your fuel components at all? maybe some congestion in your lines or filter...just a thought

sbaer2
04-06-2013, 02:38 PM
have you replaced any of your fuel components at all? maybe some congestion in your lines or filter...just a thought

I know I recently had issues with fuel pump but it was electric (not my Strong point eapecially with Audis LOL) so I brought it to my friend who specializes in Audis and he fixes it up. But the fuel pump is the one from factory so it has 13 years old ...could be issue but like I said it seems to have cleared up but still curious if anyone else has ideas

Tanzimur
04-06-2013, 04:24 PM
this use to happen with my a4 few months back when i first got it i decided to try a fuel filter change and that was the problem right there now its idling around 800-900 no problems...

sbaer2
04-06-2013, 07:30 PM
hmm maybe ill replace fuel filter first...def cheaper alternative to fuel pump. But either way if I dont replace pump now im sure this summer imma have to : /

maybeimsik
04-07-2013, 08:55 AM
hmm maybe ill replace fuel filter first...def cheaper alternative to fuel pump. But either way if I dont replace pump now im sure this summer imma have to : /

definitely your best option. bang it all out at once. its super simple(though annoying) but youll be much happier once its done.

sbaer2
04-07-2013, 01:41 PM
definitely your best option. bang it all out at once. its super simple(though annoying) but youll be much happier once its done.

yeah i havent experienced a rough idle and car has been running great since that one little five minute episode..i am stumped. Anyway i will replace fuel filter/pump just for peace of mind. Also my auxillary fan has been obnoxiously loud and a huge humming noise until it shuts off about five minutes after warm up. I was told this means fan is on its way out...which i believe because no way it came from factory being so obnoxiously loud and that hum in the cabin is annoying until it shuts off so that will also be getting replaced shortly.

00B5A41.8t
04-28-2013, 08:28 PM
My car is idling rough as well. I just had the clutch and transmission replaced as well as I had a fmic and bigger turbo with blow off valve installed. For some reason if I'm driving slow its fine but as soon as I try and give it some gas then downshift and brake the car shuts off completely and I have to take the key out to get it started again. Plus when I'm at idle the rims jump and the car wants to sputter out. My friend said I need a tune but I also pulled 15 codes off the obd. Most we're the o2 because of the test pipe but some were boost codes and engine torque codes. Does anyone have any suggestions