PDA

View Full Version : Did your rear o2 delete cause bad mpg

QuattroGinger
04-05-2013, 07:20 AM
just like it says. some topics say yes others say no. looking at having it coded out with new tune. but dont want it to cause poor mpg as this is dd. what is everyone's experience?

Scotty@Advanced
04-05-2013, 07:21 AM
just like it says. some topics say yes others say no. looking at having it coded out with new tune. but dont want it to cause poor mpg as this is dd. what is everyone's experience?

It is my understanding that the rear O2 sensor(s) sole function in life is to monitor catalyst function. If tunes are causing lower fuel economy then it's some other aspect of the tune, not the O2 delete.

catbed
04-05-2013, 07:23 AM
It can, depending on how the tuner codes it out.

QuattroGinger
04-05-2013, 08:04 AM
UM specifically told me they don't recommend it because it would lower mpg. wanted to get rid of it but dont want to risk any worse mpg. :(

034Motorsport
04-05-2013, 08:07 AM
The secondary O2 sensor is entirely emissions based and only monitors the efficiency of your catalytic converter. It serves no basis for fuel trims or anything that would affect mileage.

catbed
04-05-2013, 09:10 AM
Quote from the bentley manual:

Oxygen sensor control behind the catalytic converter is responsible for final control correction. It is the primary sensor and can override the signal from the oxygen sensor control before the catalytic converter.

Oxygen sensor control behind catalytic converter is superior to oxygen sensor control before catalytic converter and is the primary control. It corrects slight changes in the mixture (i.e. enrichment or thinning) by holding oxygen sensor control before catalytic converter at its highest or lowest point for a specific time (duration). If this time is in the positive range (i.e. 50 ms), mixture is shifted in the -enrich- direction. If this time is in the negative range (i.e. 50 ms), mixture is shifted in the -lean- direction.

xdewaynex
04-05-2013, 09:15 AM
I need to have C2 tune mine out. I unplugged mine when I installed an Innovate Wideband.