PDA

View Full Version : The Rocky Mountain Tool Availability Thread

mec
04-03-2013, 12:13 PM
Hey all,

We've got a great community here with a lot of members who are willing to help out. I thought it would be nice to have a list of tools that people are willing to loan out, that are hard to come by but often necessary.

I'll start

MEC (South Denver, CO:

VCDS( Vag-Com)
Crank counter holder tool for 4 cyl engines
2.0t cam locking tool
Polydrive headbolt tool
XZN socket bits
Air Compressor w/air tools

V8EATER (Thornton,CO):

Engine hoist
Engine Stand
Car Ramps
Jack stands
Jack (low pro aluminum)
Chain tensioner locking tool
StrapOn torqu wrench
Giant hex sockets for axle bolt (1/2 inch drive)
12 point sockets for axles (3/8 drive)
Fuel line quick disconnect clamps
3 foot breaker Bar (1/2 inch drive)
Audi/VW code reader (basic reader)

Seal66 (Parker, CO):
VAG-COM
Lots of tools, willing to help, but can't loan out

If you have tools you are willing to loan out and help the community please send me a PM and I will add you to the list. This will help to make it easier to find a tool within one post versus 100 different posts.

Please PM your Screen Name, your tool list, and relative location.

Keep in mind that if you are being loaned out a tool that it is common courtesy to return the tool in the condition it was received in or in better condition, and a 6 pack never hurt anyone either ;)

If you find a tool in the list that you would like to borrow, search the screen name in the search bar in the upper right corner of Audizine and a bunch of posts will pop up, pick a thread, find their screen name, click it and select "send a private message".

Hopefully we can build a good list so that we can strengthen the community.

-Martin

audimuse
04-03-2013, 12:26 PM
http://asttool.com/front_page.php

mec
04-03-2013, 09:58 PM
http://asttool.com/front_page.php

Obviously you can buy any tool. Not the point of this thread, looking to save members money from buying overly expensive one time use tools that could simply be shared within the community. For example jr, Seth, Arjun and I share a Boroscope. No sense in buying 4 since we can share one and cut the cost.

drumnjuny
04-04-2013, 06:38 AM
true story

audimuse
04-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Obviously you can buy any tool. Not the point of this thread, looking to save members money from buying overly expensive one time use tools that could simply be shared within the community. For example jr, Seth, Arjun and I share a Boroscope. No sense in buying 4 since we can share one and cut the cost.

Ok, I saw. Just posting up a helpful resource.

seal66
04-07-2013, 08:14 PM
I have tons of tools. I don't loan out though only due to my tools are in two travel tool boxes that I use. But it me up if you need any wrenching help or need a engine hoist, jack stands(big and small profile), and a low profile jack. Again Since I am out of town so much I don't loan out but I am able to help you when I am in town.

Vag-com as well

jjvwg
04-07-2013, 09:25 PM
Got a motive brake bleeder people can borrow! Also have a stock b6 1.8t cat that people can use for emissions.