PDA

View Full Version : Racing seats in pre facelift?!?!?

rvca3112
03-30-2013, 08:53 PM
I've been driving myself nuts with researching this topic. I've looked up s4 seat installs into pre face lifts cars and I've come to the conclusion that pre facelift cars have the mourning holes just nothing to thread a bolt into due to the fact that pre facelift has that tab under the front of the seat and post facelift cars have the two mounting holes in the front of the seats. Now from my research it looks like I'm shit out of luck. Am I?

I'm looking at a set of recaro seats for the car since it will mainly be a track car, and the brackets for all racing seats have the two mounting holes. The DIY I found from last year is very inconclusive. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

seanentrust
03-31-2013, 10:00 AM
Contact speedware motorsports. They should be able to help you with what you need. My sparco bracket for my preface lift is from them

rvca3112
03-31-2013, 04:52 PM
Did it fit like factory? Like no modifications to the body? Thank you so much bro!!!!

seanentrust
03-31-2013, 06:12 PM
Did it fit like factory? Like no modifications to the body? Thank you so much bro!!!!
Fits like factory. Slides right into the stock mounts

b5a4gt28
03-31-2013, 06:23 PM
I second that. I have Torino's in my 97 and the sparco brackets work perfectly. It was a pain to hunt them down but I was able to get them off a member who wasnt using them anymore...

rvca3112
03-31-2013, 06:34 PM
Thank you so much guys!!! I've been driving myself mad wondering how I was going to pull this off. So much respect!

rvca3112
03-31-2013, 06:37 PM
By any chance is it this one? There's nothing differentiating it from pre facelift/facelift mounting points.

rvca3112
03-31-2013, 06:37 PM
http://www.speedwaremotorsports.com/performance-seats-accessories/seats-mounting-supplies/supplies-mounting-brackets/speedware-audi-a4-b5-bracket

Corrado_Guy
03-31-2013, 06:53 PM
I don't think that is the right one, as far as I know there are two seat bases on the B5. There would be the power seats that bolt to the floor and then there are the manual seats that slide in the outer tracks and a center track. I have a 1.8T and mine uses the tracks which is the same as used on VW models with different spacings. The base posted above looks like the one that bolts in place and not the rides in the tracks. Modifying the cars with tracks to work with the power seats like the ones from the S4 is not that hard and the S4 seats allow you to use the factory belts. Most shell seats are not designed to work with the factory belts so look into this first or you will also need to mount harnesses.

rvca3112
03-31-2013, 10:19 PM
I think it's a stock photo because everything looks the same. I'm going to call thm tomorrow

.Mad Hatter.
04-01-2013, 05:50 AM
You can also call Wedge Engineering, they can make custom brackets/sliders. I'm putting Evo i seats in my 97 and I am using the stock audi sliders/height adjusters; it's just a matter of cutting and welding.

rvca3112
04-01-2013, 08:23 PM
You can also call Wedge Engineering, they can make custom brackets/sliders. I'm putting Evo i seats in my 97 and I am using the stock audi sliders/height adjusters; it's just a matter of cutting and welding.

Yeah I don't want to have to go down this route. I'm looking for something that's more tried and true. Which I'm coming to realize isn't much if at all existent...

.Mad Hatter.
04-02-2013, 05:12 AM
Both options I gave you are tried and true. Don't look for easier ways; you already have them.

nizmosx
04-02-2013, 08:46 AM
You can also call wedge engineering in long beach. they make the best brackets in my opinion. tell them the year make and model you have and they will make the brackets no problem. They will be direct bolt in and fit flawless.