PDA

View Full Version : +1 for stammler in boulder

drumnjuny
03-29-2013, 01:37 PM
usually get parts there just out of convenience and i almost always deal with Marcus... i didn't yesterday unfortunately

even after asking specifically for the P/N of the cam and crank seals and pointing out that they were not labeled, he put the wrong one in the labeled bag and martin and i tore it up trying to get the crank seal around the cam.

long story short, i was in denver so we had to hop to emich's to get a different seal, and i came back to stammler and marcus happened to be there this morning...

told him what happened (i wouldn't have gone back except that i specifically spent a few extra minutes asking the guy what part was what etc... and it wasted an hour of our time finding pcv and shit to try and jam it in there) and they refunded me the money for both seals even though one was clearly unusuable!!

+1 for stammler audi parts guys. in service i talk to Eric Loch he's the shit. just in case anyone needs work done

goslugsgo
03-30-2013, 11:48 AM
Thanks! They're the closest to me so it's good to know who to talk to.

Heavy Winter
03-30-2013, 05:28 PM
I've had good luck with them, even for my '95 S6 Avant parts which I can't find elsewhere. Always to an online search as if you find a OEM part someplace cheaper, they try to match it. At least that's been my experience.

Nice to hear they took good care of you.

To be honest, I try to avoid paying City of Boulder sales tax almost every time I can, so usually order online. But that's just me, voting in "support" of how the folks running the "bubble" do business.

Cheers,

Tom

PaperToast
03-31-2013, 11:34 PM
marcus is a kool guy. i've dealt with him some, zero complaints there
but if you need the hookup, james is your parts guy
he's always straight up with me, and gives me better prices than online most times

my most recent purchase, needed some ICM's, he gave me 2 oem ones for the price of one [hail]

vdubjetta02
04-01-2013, 06:31 AM
glad you had good luck, They are known for being the worst Audi dealer in Colorado....