PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Stasis Upgrade - Scheduled on Monday at Prestige Imports

100Daily
03-22-2013, 10:11 AM
All scheduled up with Rick on Monday at Prestige Imports. I called around to the dealers in the front range but they all gave the same price. $2 grand. Anyone else know Rick? He is cool. I like Lloyd at Mc Donald as well, and they had basically the same price but for some reason I just like Rick. Don't know why.

Here is what I will be looking at:
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/384844_10151527044953497_1437543850_n.jpg

I am also getting my BBS's repainted black. Got to be ready for the hard streets this spring. I will let you guys know what I think. ~+400hp is something serious!

drumnjuny
03-22-2013, 10:42 AM
i'm jealous!! congrats

goslugsgo
03-22-2013, 11:07 AM
Damn, so jealous. When I first saw it had been released I literally got half a sentence out about it before my wife said, "NO."

100Daily
03-22-2013, 11:44 AM
Damn, so jealous. When I first saw it had been released I literally got half a sentence out about it before my wife said, "NO."

Its funny you say that because I thought my wife would be annoyed by it. She is 7 months pregnant, and my car jostles her around as it is. I actually wasn't exactly planning on it, but she said "I don't care what you do. It's your money". Allllrighty then!

goslugsgo
03-22-2013, 12:44 PM
Well done you with your responsible reputation. See, my wife knows I would probably die a firey death with 400+ HP.

Alex_Mk3
03-22-2013, 09:46 PM
Thats some serious power gain. Does it void warranty thought?

100Daily
03-22-2013, 09:51 PM
Thats some serious power gain. Does it void warranty thought?

No sir [race]

jasonsowers
03-22-2013, 10:31 PM
No sir [race]

Let us see how it goes when it comes time for stasis to cover broken items. Bc Audi won't be covering it.

Operator
03-22-2013, 11:00 PM
No sir [race]

Well it voids the warranty from Audi. The tab just gets picked up by STASIS.

jiffy946
03-23-2013, 12:16 AM
I worked with Lloyd for 4 years, he is by far one of the best(if not the best service advisor in Denver for Audi). I didn't get to work with him a ton at the end of my stay at McDonald, but whenever I had friends, or request customers, they always got sent to him. He knows exactly how to take care of his and my customers. Now, I'm not sure who is doing the "Stasis" stuff at McDonald any longer, but I do know a Stasis tech at Prestige. I would def request him as I know his quality of work(Scott). I believe I know who Ricky is(if its the same Ricky that worked at McD, younger guy..?). He is good, not Lloyd good, but(that's not meant to be a stab at anyone, I just liked the way Lloyd worked)...If you are set on Prestige, def request Scott to work on your car, he is a good tech. If the Rick(y) is someone other than who I think it is, disregard the comparison!!

100Daily
03-23-2013, 06:32 AM
Well it voids the warranty from Audi. The tab just gets picked up by STASIS.

True, and I am ready for more power.

I actually impromptu "raced" a stupid diesel Silverado last night in Elisabeth. It was starting to snow, and we are on some back woods redneck road. He was going slow and stinking up my car, so I went to pass, and like a typical red neck he FLOORED it the second i try and pass him. Total dick move, and dangerous. I got around him, but an extra 80hp would have certainly helped. It's annoying that a pickup truck even gave me a small run for my money. I look forward to some additional domination!

100Daily
03-23-2013, 06:35 AM
I worked with Lloyd for 4 years, he is by far one of the best(if not the best service advisor in Denver for Audi). I didn't get to work with him a ton at the end of my stay at McDonald, but whenever I had friends, or request customers, they always got sent to him. He knows exactly how to take care of his and my customers. Now, I'm not sure who is doing the "Stasis" stuff at McDonald any longer, but I do know a Stasis tech at Prestige. I would def request him as I know his quality of work(Scott). I believe I know who Ricky is(if its the same Ricky that worked at McD, younger guy..?). He is good, not Lloyd good, but(that's not meant to be a stab at anyone, I just liked the way Lloyd worked)...If you are set on Prestige, def request Scott to work on your car, he is a good tech. If the Rick(y) is someone other than who I think it is, disregard the comparison!!

Thanks for the tip! Did you use to work there? I will ask Rick about Scott. My guy is Rick, not sure if there is another Ricky but he is a young guy so it sounds like the same dude. I felt bad not going to Lloyd, he is great. What sucks is he normally does my service so hopefully he isn't butt hurt that I didn't go with him. Oh well. I want to spread around the love.

dJason
03-23-2013, 10:13 AM
I'm curious to see how it goes, I'm thinking about upgrading my car (2011 A4) with the Stasis since I'm still under factory warranty for ~30k more miles and I'd like to keep that, otherwise the APR looks pretty great.

monoseanism
03-23-2013, 12:56 PM
I upgraded the ecu in my B8 S4 with stasis last year, totally changes the way the motor feels. Over 3500 RPM it's a monster. You won't regret it.

drumnjuny
03-23-2013, 02:24 PM
b8 s4, s7, r8, haha what do you do for a living? and how do i do it also

monoseanism
03-23-2013, 04:05 PM
I sold the S4 for the R8, soon realized that the R8 is not a good daily driver, then ordered the S7. Was supposed to go pick it up today, but the damn weather ruined that plan. Monday.

Oh, and I'm a pickle farmer from the future.

goslugsgo
03-23-2013, 04:11 PM
I sold the S4 for the R8, soon realized that the R8 is not a good daily driver, then ordered the S7. Was supposed to go pick it up today, but the damn weather ruined that plan. Monday.

Oh, and I'm a pickle farmer from the future.

I'm calling BS.

One can't farm pickles.

jiffy946
03-23-2013, 09:45 PM
Lloyd won't be butthurt, he might give you some shit for "cheating" on him, but he won't care. I worked at McD for 4 years as a tech, now I am at Berg Performance. I voluntarily left to go to this shop(long time friend opened the shop, he was actually my original trainer at the dealer..). The dealer world is just something I couldn't do anymore.

mec
03-23-2013, 09:57 PM
+100hp from a simple chip? Where do I sign up!? Did apr ever release the s8 stage 1 numbers? When the b8 s4 flashes I was impressed, but I bet the s8 will blow that out of the water. Still waiting on a proper stage 3 for both cars :)

100Daily
03-24-2013, 06:51 AM
I just noticed the APR Stage 1 and 2 both have less power than the Stasis tune. Go Stasis.

http://www.goapr.com/products/pulley_30tfsi.html

AWE Stage 2 is off the charts however. Wow.
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/531433-Power-to-the-Pulley-It-s-here

mec
03-24-2013, 07:02 AM
I just noticed the APR Stage 1 and 2 both have less power than the Stasis tune. Go Stasis.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/531433-Power-to-the-Pulley-It-s-here

Apr's charts always have less power, however they have unparalleled reliability with their power.

It also seems to be that apr always releases their tune first then every other tuner comes out with thier tune that is surprisingly similar to apr but has +5 or 10 more hp.

I've had an APR flash too, and I'm not their biggest fan per say, but I can sure appreciate their groundbreaking work on every platform

jasonsowers
03-24-2013, 07:02 AM

Diff variables. Dynos, temp. Etc. apr has always been lowest on numbers but overall probably the smoothest hp/tq curve. I know a few ex stasis employees. I've never heard anything positive about the company.

100Daily
03-24-2013, 07:30 AM
Currently APR doesn't have a tune for the 2013 S4's. Those numbers are for the pre-face lift models.

I had an APR tune on my B7 A4. It was noticeable, but not amazing. It was only $700, so it was all good. It does suck that they have to remove my ECU and mail it in now versus before they just download an update basically. And it sucks its cost nearly triple the price.

I had the Stasis Signature Quad Exhaust on my A5. It was an overpriced piece of shit, and it broke on me... And Stasis gave me no warranty (Peak Eurosport didn't give a shit). So that being my first experience with Stasis I wasn't all to excited to entrust them with my baby. But its done at the actual dealership, and I still supposedly have a warranty. Heads will roll if they give me any trouble, but I am really not expecting any.

I always thought 333hp stock HP from a supercharged V6 was WAY WAY too low. Lots of manufacturers (Caddilac CTS, Acura RLX, off the top of my head) have naturally aspirated V6's with over 300hp. It always felt like Audi was overly holding down what the engine could do. For that reason I am not really worrying about the engine "blowing up". I can't wait to see its real potential.

Alex_Mk3
03-24-2013, 08:29 AM
I always thought 333hp stock HP from a supercharged V6 was WAY WAY too low. Lots of manufacturers (Caddilac CTS, Acura RLX, off the top of my head) have naturally aspirated V6's with over 300hp. It always felt like Audi was overly holding down what the engine could do. For that reason I am not really worrying about the engine "blowing up". I can't wait to see its real potential.

Im there with you

jasonsowers
03-24-2013, 08:34 AM
Currently APR doesn't have a tune for the 2013 S4's. Those numbers are for the pre-face lift models.

I had an APR tune on my B7 A4. It was noticeable, but not amazing. It was only $700, so it was all good. It does suck that they have to remove my ECU and mail it in now versus before they just download an update basically. And it sucks its cost nearly triple the price.

I had the Stasis Signature Quad Exhaust on my A5. It was an overpriced piece of shit, and it broke on me... And Stasis gave me no warranty (Peak Eurosport didn't give a shit). So that being my first experience with Stasis I wasn't all to excited to entrust them with my baby. But its done at the actual dealership, and I still supposedly have a warranty. Heads will roll if they give me any trouble, but I am really not expecting any.

Spoken from experience. Glad to know that you are aware. I have a few buddies that are almost at 400whp in thier b8's. I test drove two last week and honestly I really liked them. I drove the s-tronic and the manual. They aren't as quick as my Cayenne turbo and the fit and finish aren't as nice but my Cayenne cost more than twice as much new ( I bought mine on the used market) but I am still considering snagging one.

For a few bucks over 50k there isn't a car on the market that is comparable to the b8 s4.

flyingfish2626
03-24-2013, 10:50 AM
I have been very interested in the B8 S4's as well. Would love to drive a stage 1 to see what they are like.

Alex_Mk3
03-24-2013, 08:04 PM
I drove a bone stock S5 with the 3.0T and was a blast! I cant imagine with stage 1

jasonsowers
03-24-2013, 08:29 PM
I drove a bone stock S5 with the 3.0T and was a blast! I cant imagine with stage 1

I don't understand how a s5 is lesser of a car than an s4 and is 10k more. It's got way less parts. The time on the tooling must have been insane lol.

100Daily
03-25-2013, 09:12 AM
Car dropped off. Let the wait begin!

I hadn't been to Prestige in a while. They have this lame policy that says "If your car is dirty when you bring it here, we can scratch and dent it and its not our fault". Rick said "we have had issues where people bring in dirty cars and then blame us because we don't catch the damage". F**k that. I just waxed my car on Saturday and it was perfectly clean when I left my house. But due to the snow it was "kind of" dirty when I dropped it off. My car is in pristine condition. That is a bullshit policy IMO. Hopefully it doesn't matter.

Alex_Mk3
03-25-2013, 10:17 AM
I don't understand how a s5 is lesser of a car than an s4 and is 10k more. It's got way less parts. The time on the tooling must have been insane lol.

Cost more to develop, different drive train set up, more aluminum probably, etc. but if you think about it b8 body is more prevalent on 4s than 5s

HighAltitudeRS4
03-25-2013, 10:27 AM
My guess is you're going to love it and those numbers look great. I'm not sure if there's a recommended break-in period, but if you want to take it out this weekend to compare to the stock B7 RS4 engine just shoot me a message.

drumnjuny
03-25-2013, 02:54 PM
yeah i definitely want to compare to a modded 3.0T haha. someone drop me a PM, lol

jasonsowers
03-25-2013, 04:21 PM
yeah i definitely want to compare to a modded 3.0T haha. someone drop me a PM, lol

Tq curve. You won't do well.

The b5 guys have been battling for years.

http://youtu.be/nfVmBrhbWWw

I8ABUG
03-25-2013, 04:55 PM
All scheduled up with Rick on Monday at Prestige Imports. I called around to the dealers in the front range but they all gave the same price. $2 grand. Anyone else know Rick? He is cool. I like Lloyd at Mc Donald as well, and they had basically the same price but for some reason I just like Rick. Don't know why.

Here is what I will be looking at:
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/384844_10151527044953497_1437543850_n.jpg

I am also getting my BBS's repainted black. Got to be ready for the hard streets this spring. I will let you guys know what I think. ~+400hp is something serious!

Did you get a loaner? I called Prestige to schedule the ECU Tune today, and they said I couldn't get a loaner. I specifically asked about loaners when I bought the car two months ago, and was told I would get one. I am not very happy with Prestige right now.

100Daily
03-25-2013, 05:59 PM
Did you get a loaner? I called Prestige to schedule the ECU Tune today, and they said I couldn't get a loaner. I specifically asked about loaners when I bought the car two months ago, and was told I would get one. I am not very happy with Prestige right now.

Yeah, I got a loaner. A 2013 Q5. It only has 3,000 miles.

Here is the deal with loaners. You can get one every time if you plan ahead. At least a few days ahead call ahead and specifically request it. If you call them on the day you want to go in, you are rolling the dice on availability. I actually had the same problem as you and would be annoyed when they put me up in some Isuzu or whatever.

If they have one they will give you one, but if they are busy or if you show up later in the day without reserving one you can get left out. Its the same way at McDonald Audi BTW. I actually wanted to see the Q5 so I told Rick last week to reserve it for me so my wife can check it out. When I got there at 9:15am they had a few to chose from. They must have run out by the time you got there. Sorry my dude.

Did you drop your S5 off anyway?

I8ABUG
03-25-2013, 06:09 PM
I didn't drop it off. I just called them today to schedule it. It can be a week or two or three, whatever..........most anytime will work with me. I live up in the Mountains two hours from Prestige, so I really have to have a loaner. Sounds like I got the run around. I will call them back tomorrow, and specifically ask for Rick.

Thanks for the info.

100Daily
03-25-2013, 06:42 PM
I didn't drop it off. I just called them today to schedule it. It can be a week or two or three, whatever..........most anytime will work with me. I live up in the Mountains two hours from Prestige, so I really have to have a loaner. Sounds like I got the run around. I will call them back tomorrow, and specifically ask for Rick.

Thanks for the info.

That is strange they told you that when you tried to schedule it. Yeah, call Rick. I tried to beat Rick up on price. He originally quoted me $2,070 (after tax and installation). Nobody seemed to want to budge on price, but I was able to get him down to $2,000 flat. Not much, but $70 is $70

100Daily
03-27-2013, 10:50 AM
I have confirmed that Ricky and Rick are indeed one and the same. And Rick knows monoseanism with his bad ass S7. And they all were reading this thread. Small world.

Rick@PI
03-28-2013, 08:50 AM
I have confirmed that Ricky and Rick are indeed one and the same. And Rick knows monoseanism with his bad ass S7. And they all were reading this thread. Small world.

Rick, Ricky, Ricky Bobby, Richard they all work!

Thanks for the kind words 100Daily. I left you a voicemessage this morning. Did you get it?

100Daily
03-28-2013, 08:53 AM
Rick, Ricky, Ricky Bobby, Richard they all work!

Thanks for the kind words 100Daily. I left you a voicemessage this morning. Did you get it?

I did. What service!

Now you just need to get rid of your Skyline and get an Audi [:D]

Rick@PI
03-28-2013, 08:57 AM
I did. What service!

Now you just need to get rid of your Skyline and get an Audi [:D]

Employee pricing on cars right now makes it VERY tempting. Or I just need to convince my fiancee to get rid of one of her damn Subarus.

AWDLover
03-28-2013, 03:03 PM
Yeah, I got a loaner. A 2013 Q5. It only has 3,000 miles.

Here is the deal with loaners. You can get one every time if you plan ahead. At least a few days ahead call ahead and specifically request it. If you call them on the day you want to go in, you are rolling the dice on availability. I actually had the same problem as you and would be annoyed when they put me up in some Isuzu or whatever.

If they have one they will give you one, but if they are busy or if you show up later in the day without reserving one you can get left out. Its the same way at McDonald Audi BTW. I actually wanted to see the Q5 so I told Rick last week to reserve it for me so my wife can check it out. When I got there at 9:15am they had a few to chose from. They must have run out by the time you got there. Sorry my dude.

Did you drop your S5 off anyway?

I always set up my service appointments at least a week out for first thing in the morning and request to have a loaner car. They recently stopped giving me Audi loaners and I now get a rental car from their on site rental company. I don't mind all that much, but it was much nicer when I was getting S-line A4 avants and Q5s....

Overall, my experience with Prestige has been good and even when they messed some things up, they worked to make it right

Rick@PI
03-28-2013, 04:56 PM
I always set up my service appointments at least a week out for first thing in the morning and request to have a loaner car. They recently stopped giving me Audi loaners and I now get a rental car from their on site rental company. I don't mind all that much, but it was much nicer when I was getting S-line A4 avants and Q5s....

Overall, my experience with Prestige has been good and even when they messed some things up, they worked to make it right

Hi AWD, not sure if I have ever helped you, but our policy is to always have a car for you to drive. If we run out of loaners we have Enterprise on site and take care of the base cost of the rental. This policy is for cars in warranty (if you have a 2010 A4 you still get loaners) The best time to get in a loaner is first thing Monday morning, or Friday evening. We have the most amount of cars at those points during the week.

100Daily
03-29-2013, 03:56 PM

I am having one of those "even if they messed some things up" type of experiences right now. Their valet service is bullshit.

Rick@PI
03-29-2013, 03:58 PM
I am having one of those "even if they messed some things up" type of experiences right now. Their valet service is bullshit.

Hey Bob, give me a call when you get a chance.

iamproph
03-29-2013, 04:22 PM
I got a sweet A6 when I dropped off my Q5 from Prestige. My only complaint was their sub-par doughnut selection and no on-site omelet chef....

drumnjuny
03-29-2013, 04:46 PM
holy shit have i been spelling donut wrong this whole time

iamproph
03-29-2013, 05:11 PM
holy shit have i been spelling donut wrong this whole time

Etymology
"Dough nut"
The earliest known recorded usage of the term dates to an 1808 short story[5] describing a spread of "fire-cakes and dough-nuts." Washington Irving's reference to "doughnuts" in 1809 in his History of New York is more commonly cited as the first written recording of the term. Irving described "balls of sweetened dough, fried in hog's fat, and called doughnuts, or olykoeks."[6] These "nuts" of fried dough might now be called doughnut holes. Doughnut is the more traditional spelling, and still dominates outside the US.[7][8] At present, doughnut and the shortened form donut are both pervasive in American English.[9]
"Donut"
The first known printed use of donut was in Peck's Bad Boy and his Pa by George W. Peck, published in 1900, in which a character is quoted as saying, "Pa said he guessed he hadn't got much appetite, and he would just drink a cup of coffee and eat a donut."[10] According to John T. Edge (Donuts, an American passion 2006) the alternative spelling “donut” was invented when the New York–based Display Doughnut Machine Corporation abbreviated the word to make it more pronounceable by the foreigners they hoped would buy their automated doughnut making equipment.[11][12] The donut spelling also showed up in a Los Angeles Times article dated August 10, 1929 in which Bailey Millard jokingly complains about the decline of spelling, and that he "can't swallow the 'wel-dun donut' nor the ever so 'gud bred'. The interchangeability of the two spellings can be found in a series of "National Donut Week" articles in The New York Times that covered the 1939 World's Fair. In four articles beginning October 9, two mention the donut spelling. Dunkin' Donuts, which was founded in 1948 under the name Open Kettle (Quincy, Massachusetts), is the oldest surviving company to use the donut variation; other chains, such as the defunct Mayflower Doughnut Corporation (1931), did not use that spelling.[13] According to the Oxford Dictionary while "doughnut" is used internationally, the spelling "donut" is American.[14

We are safe.

drumnjuny
03-29-2013, 05:18 PM
damn. doughnut is just a way better word imo

100Daily
03-29-2013, 06:46 PM
I FINALLY got my car back, got my freshly painted BBS's and summer tires on, and went out for some fun. Initial thoughts.... [:D]

Gweezil
03-29-2013, 07:20 PM
390lb-ft, or 390ft-lb? Be I bassackwards?

drumnjuny
03-29-2013, 07:45 PM
holy shit, they are different. one is energy the other is torque. learn something new every day!!

iamproph
03-29-2013, 08:02 PM
Good job Colorado people, we are slowly educating drumnjuny!

100Daily
03-29-2013, 08:30 PM
390lb-ft, or 390ft-lb? Be I bassackwards?

I actually thought about that before making my signature, but maybe I messed it up. One is Torque and one is Energy according to Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pound-foot_(torque)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foot-pound_(energy)

"Foot-pound" is sometimes also used as a unit of torque (see Pound-foot (torque)).

HighAltitudeRS4
03-29-2013, 09:11 PM
I FINALLY got my car back, got my freshly painted BBS's and summer tires on, and went out for some fun. Initial thoughts.... [:D]

Hope to see the fresh look tomorrow morning!

100Daily
03-30-2013, 06:08 PM
I just wanted to follow up on my post. So far the tune has been really fun. The power increase is very apparent, and more noticeable than when I tuned my old B7 A4. I would say that this definitely is a "must have" upgrade. I drove around about 100 miles today, but did have one issue. My engine misfired at about 5500 rpm. Not sure why. I use generic 91 octane gas, so maybe I need to use top tier or something. It has never misfired before, any ideas? The car was warmed up when it happened.

Also, Prestige made good on their mistake. I was annoyed but they gave me this nice little gift basket, and Rick said he would get me some free Stasis badges. So its all good. Not the badge on the back, but the small supercharged stasis badges for the side. I am not sure if I would like them or not. What do you guys think? I guess I will wait to see what they look like.

drumnjuny
03-30-2013, 06:34 PM
misfires are due to a misproportion of spark to air to fuel. seeing as your car is new i doubt your coilpacks or spark plugs need servicing, so you might have a boost leak in your intake, or the tune is not made for 91 octane and they will need to adjust it for you. be careful misfiring at higher RPMs

Rick@PI
04-01-2013, 08:04 AM
I just wanted to follow up on my post. So far the tune has been really fun. The power increase is very apparent, and more noticeable than when I tuned my old B7 A4. I would say that this definitely is a "must have" upgrade. I drove around about 100 miles today, but did have one issue. My engine misfired at about 5500 rpm. Not sure why. I use generic 91 octane gas, so maybe I need to use top tier or something. It has never misfired before, any ideas? The car was warmed up when it happened.

Also, Prestige made good on their mistake. I was annoyed but they gave me this nice little gift basket, and Rick said he would get me some free Stasis badges. So its all good. Not the badge on the back, but the small supercharged stasis badges for the side. I am not sure if I would like them or not. What do you guys think? I guess I will wait to see what they look like.

Bob, glad to hear you are enjoying the flash. Where do you fill up on gas? I always recommend people use only Shell or Conoco. Did it only happen once? Your badges should be here in a few days, and I will get them shipped out to you.

100Daily
04-03-2013, 02:45 PM
Quick update.... No further issues, still running like a beast.

Check this video out. Chris Harris on Cars tunes my engine and puts it up against a euro spec b8.5 RS4.

http://jalopnik.com/how-to-make-an-audi-s4-perform-like-an-audi-rs4-in-five-468612234

drumnjuny
04-03-2013, 02:55 PM
haha i just saw that in the b7 cbox.

footbllpro30
04-12-2013, 06:05 AM
100Daily - From your signature it looks like you live in Parker, CO. From what I have been reading at our high altitude this tune does not make a big difference vs stock. Some have even gone so far to say that the tune at high altitude could actually make it slower than a comparable stock S4. Could you please give your thoughts on this?

100Daily
04-12-2013, 06:51 AM
100Daily - From your signature it looks like you live in Parker, CO. From what I have been reading at our high altitude this tune does not make a big difference vs stock. Some have even gone so far to say that the tune at high altitude could actually make it slower than a comparable stock S4. Could you please give your thoughts on this?

I will share my understanding and my experience, maybe others can chime in with better info. My understanding is that you wont experience the full gain you would at sea level. So at sea level I should get +87hp or whatever it is. So at elevation, I would get less than that. Like 20-30% less, but still a good bump in power. But the thing is, ALL cars are at a disadvantage here so you just take what you can get.

As far as my experience, it clearly has more power. I didn't do a before/after dyno, but its very obvious. Interestingly I had previously APR tuned my 2.0T B7 A4. With that tune you really had to pay attention to notice any gains. My car actually got tuned back to stock at the dealership and I didn't even realize it. That tune was only like +25hp, not +87hp like my S4.

So I am not sure about the high altitude tunes making it slower, but I can tell you with certainty that the Stasis tune will give you a great bump in power at elevation. Since you have a 2010 you might look at the Revo tune which is the same as the Stasis software but without the warranty (or GIAC, APR, or others). I went on a drive last weekend through the mountains with a Stasis modified R8 and we had identical acceleration. That car has 450hp at sea level, and is lighter. It shows you how much of a difference the supercharger + tune makes at altitude.

Firefox250
04-12-2013, 07:11 AM
Dyno day at Blue water performance June 15th.... Just saying

AudiTFSI3o3
04-12-2013, 07:41 AM
Bob, glad to hear you are enjoying the flash. Where do you fill up on gas? I always recommend people use only Shell or Conoco. Did it only happen once? Your badges should be here in a few days, and I will get them shipped out to you.

threadjack.

Hey Rick, I've met you once @ prestige before. Pretty sure we went to Notre Dame together. you were the older class ;D

wasup?

Rick@PI
04-12-2013, 07:42 AM
I will share my understanding and my experience, maybe others can chime in with better info. My understanding is that you wont experience the full gain you would at sea level. So at sea level I should get +87hp or whatever it is. So at elevation, I would get less than that. Like 20-30% less, but still a good bump in power. But the thing is, ALL cars are at a disadvantage here so you just take what you can get.

As far as my experience, it clearly has more power. I didn't do a before/after dyno, but its very obvious. Interestingly I had previously APR tuned my 2.0T B7 A4. With that tune you really had to pay attention to notice any gains. My car actually got tuned back to stock at the dealership and I didn't even realize it. That tune was only like +25hp, not +87hp like my S4.

So I am not sure about the high altitude tunes making it slower, but I can tell you with certainty that the Stasis tune will give you a great bump in power at elevation. Since you have a 2010 you might look at the Revo tune which is the same as the Stasis software but without the warranty (or GIAC, APR, or others). I went on a drive last weekend through the mountains with a Stasis modified R8 and we had identical acceleration. That car has 450hp at sea level, and is lighter. It shows you how much of a difference the supercharger + tune makes at altitude.

You summed that up pretty well Bob. The only other thing I would add is the Stasis tune gives you more usuable power longer. It definitely makes a difference in how the car performs. Driving both back to back you can feel the difference between a stock 2013 and a Stasis tuned 2013, especially getting up into higher gears. Does it gain as much HP as a custom dyno tune? No, they leave that safety margin pretty big in these tunes.

drumnjuny
04-12-2013, 08:22 AM
how could the "altitude" make the tune slower than stock?! lmao... more fuel + more timing = more power...

btw - with a pulley upgrade you'd be making 400wheel i think? god i want a 3.0t so freaking badly haha...

BeitzDUB
04-12-2013, 10:08 AM
how could the "altitude" make the
tune slower than stock?! lmao... more fuel + more timing = more power...

More altitude = less air/more dense air
http://docs.engineeringtoolbox.com/documents/195/air-altitude-density.png
So your equation goes like this, more fuel + more timing = more power - air density

drumnjuny
04-12-2013, 11:15 AM
More altitude = less air/more dense air
[IMG]
So your equation goes like this, more fuel + more timing = more power - air density

i think you might have misread... what he said was that due to the altitude we are at, flashing the car will make it slower than stock. seeing as air density is constant, your equation will actually go like this:

more fuel + more timing = more power...

but i guess he might have meant a stock 3.0t at sea level will be faster than a stage 1 3.0t at altitude

BeitzDUB
04-12-2013, 12:13 PM
Oh, I see.

100Daily
04-12-2013, 09:48 PM
I did some data logging today with my VCDS at an elevation of 6,000 feet. After staring at the data for a while I found some interesting things.

First... The car maxes out at 11.6 psi (80 kPa) of boost, no matter how fast or what gear I am in. That must be what Stasis intended because the car has plenty of spare boost around 3500 rpm but it heavily bleeds off the boost to maintain precisely 11.6 psi. Stock is 10.6 psi, so its not much more than stock.

Second... At 6000 rpm I was STILL getting nearly full boost at 11.5 psi. Things did drop off quite a bit after that, as the highest RPM I logged was 6264rpm and I was at 10.7psi. I can see a pulley helping between 6100-7000. In theory if I had a pulley, wouldn't it still bleed off anything over 11.6 psi?

Third... The waste gate was hard to predict. Sometimes it was still partially open even at high RPM's, but other times it was fully closed at the same RPM. When I was reading before, I read "the waste gate is fully closed past x,xxx RPM" but that is not what I experienced in my logs. There was no hard and fast rule.

Here is the raw data if anyone is bored: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7aQ97knfBGvU2VNcmwtcmp5M2M/edit?usp=sharing