PDA

View Full Version : knock sensor help

Scottydo
03-05-2013, 03:00 PM
Hey guys my knock sensor harness got depinned and I was going to hardwire in my knock sensor does anyone have a diagram for the harness to the sensor for the green knock sensor 2001 audi a4

Seerlah
03-05-2013, 03:03 PM
I'll check for continuity on my old harness and get back to you.

Scottydo
03-05-2013, 03:07 PM
Thanks seerlah the knock sensor has a white black and grey wire but idk what colors the harness were its either brown black and white or blue black and white

Seerlah
03-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Green knock sensor actually has a white, brown, and black wire (on the harness itself).

Pin 1: white wire
Pin 2: brown wire
Pin 3: black wire

They all go to the smaller connector on the ECU (black connector with slider lock mechanism). If looking at the connector how it would be in your car, standing in front of your car:

Pin 1: white wire in the upper top right (smaller) terminal. yes, all the way in the corner
Pin 2: brown wire 1 down and 1 to the left, from where pin 1 goes
Pin 3: black wire 2 over to the left from where pin 1 goes

Hope you understand!

Edit: Just realized what you wanted. The colors of the wires is listed to the pin that is on the connector (above), so you should be able to figure it out from here. But know on the harness side of the green knock sensor connector, Pin 1 is all the way to the right and Pin 3 is all the way to the left, looking at it with the locking clip portion of the connector facing upwards.