PDA

View Full Version : Expansion tank sensor help?????

BirdTurbo
03-01-2013, 08:11 PM
The Coolant Sensor underneath my expansion tank finally gave way at the sensor's base, ripping apart at one end. While the other connection has exposed wires but not ripped in two. Is possible to fix it with a skilled electrician, with spot soldering or could somebody link me a new part for an early 97 A4. Also can I drive without seriously screwing things up with heating as I need to flush my power steering system and do stuff. Also given that i tape the connection shut from any shorts?[headbang]

Seerlah
03-02-2013, 02:35 AM
All it does is make your cluster beep with warning symbol. If you can stand that symbol and the beeping, then you will be just fine and can drive it like that. And you don't need a skilled electrician to fix that. Pick up a solder iron, practice on a couple pieces of miscellaneous wires, then fix the one on your car. I have my old harness from my 01 that may still have the coolant sensor on it (not sure if I used it to clean up a different harness I had before). If I have it and is compatible, I can send it to you (just pay for shipping). If not, try and source one from a junk yard or something and just snip it off for a couple bucks at a pick and pull.

BirdTurbo
03-02-2013, 12:44 PM
It is my friend that is helping me, so no worries on me spending anything yet. I already have cel from the test pipe im running, and evap purge. So that is good to know that it won't spam the beeping sound as if something really went wrong. Also thanks for the offer!