PDA

View Full Version : Please check this out and help me out

rmtofast
02-27-2013, 10:23 PM
hey guys ill be putting my a4 back together this weekend and need some help along the way, the old turbo went bad and i got a new one. My first question, probally stupid one, on my new turbo there is a rubber hose going from the gold round thing with the shaft to the turbo with a banjo bolt on the turbo end , is this how its suppose to be or do they just ship it like this .

Vierings
02-27-2013, 10:34 PM
can you post a pic?

rmtofast
02-27-2013, 11:03 PM
can you post a pic?

The best I can do is post this link , I don't have enough post to add pics thanks http://www.speedzonemotorsports.com/product.php?productid=3533

rmtofast
02-27-2013, 11:16 PM
Im new to audis and will take all the help I can get, I just picked it up its a 98 a4 1.8t awd, the car ran but hardly guy said mechanic told him it needed a new turbo,had aabsolutely no power at all even getting it onto trailer was hard , turbo made loud horn sounding noises and it smoked like a chimney. Car would idle fine with no cel light , I got it home and took turbo off and there's oil in exhaust and in intercooler , the turbo had an inch of up and down shaft play and a good 1/8 inch side to side , seals are shot . The idiot had a bov just pushed onto the lower intercooler hose with no clamp, and the vacume line that comes off throttle body and goes to d/v or in my case bov was broke and not hooked up, also the upper hose was tore so it was leaking ill be trying to fix all this over the weekend and hopefully get this car running right

U_know_me
03-01-2013, 11:42 AM
Yes it it supposed to be that way, I sure hope that is not the turbo you bought and only a picture as reference.

rmtofast
03-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Yes thanks it was a reference picture I can't post pics yet, the car is back together other than two lines I can't figure out where they go .on the intake tube that goes tothe airbox there is a wire clip that clips to a sensor on the intake tube itself, there's two small vacuum lines that come off of it where do these two lines run to

getslideways
03-01-2013, 01:06 PM
it sounds like you have bypassed the N75 valve (the sensor with two disconnected lines you mentioned above). Unless I am misreading your description or misunderstanding. The N75 valve should go between the pressurized line and the wastegate (the "gold thing"). Having the wastegate hooked directly to the compressor as in the linked picture, will only allow the turbo to run at wastegate pressure. The ECU tells the N75 valve to bleed that pressure off to "trick" the wastegate into allowing more boost. So you need to hook up the N75 for the car to run properly

ignore the coloring on this diagram and just pay attention to

21 Wastegate "gold thing"
22 N75 valve that regulates boost pressure by reducing turbo speed

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b154/walky_talky20/DV-stock.png

The N75 valve should be hooked up like this:
http://s4wiki.com/images/6/61/WasteGate.jpghttp://s4wiki.com/images/d/d1/N75.jpg

Seerlah
03-01-2013, 01:23 PM
Yeah, that is how it would be setup if not using the n75 and running off of wastegate pressure. You would want to just place that turbo onto your car like how your stock one was set up. No biggie.

rmtofast
03-01-2013, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the help guys the kid before me had everything hooked up wrong or not at all will the above not hooked up right make it run like crap and not build boost ?

rmtofast
03-01-2013, 03:25 PM
I want everything hooked up like it came factory

rmtofast
03-01-2013, 05:04 PM
Also the he has a bov on it when I got it the red line in the above post is going to bov and the hose coming off upper intake line that's supposed to go to diverter valve is capped off ...is this correct way to run a bov? I ordered a stock diverter valve to do away with the bov but wont be here untill next week

Seerlah
03-02-2013, 02:43 AM
Return that stock diverter valve and pick up the 710n from the Audi TT. It is much more stout.

Any by pass valve (BOV) needs to have a vacuum line on it. See where this line goes to. But we can help you configure everything back to stock. Not a difficult task.

Seerlah
03-02-2013, 02:57 AM
Ok, you should also return that turbo and scoop this up before someone else does. It should sell rather quick, so hope you see this in time.

http://www.audizine.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=87546&title=borg-warner-k04-15&cat=20

rmtofast
03-02-2013, 09:26 AM
Got all the lines on the intake tube done and figured out, went out for a drive it doesn't want to idle and had no boost at all, brought it home took turbo back off and noticed the wastegate had more rod showing on the stock turbo, so I made the new wastegate have the same amount of threds showing. Drove it agian and could hear the turbo finally a little flutter also but after driving it for 15 minutes I floored it and when it got to about 4500 rpm it blew the top intercooler hose right off the throttle body ..

rmtofast
03-03-2013, 12:35 AM
Im also smoking really bad until it gets up to operateing temperature. After it warms up it stops smoking, I know the old turbo was blowing alot of oil into the exhaust there's still wet oil in the tail pipe, wouldn't it smoke all the time and not just when its cold? Id think the o2 sensors are probally junk by now